Boarding shambles at OPT Voyager - 2nd Feb

Question for gbenjo

My party of 9 is boarding ETOS on the 19th of March 2018.

Out set sail documents state a "suggested" check in of 2pm as we are in various cabins on deck 7, yet we are also advised on the same documents we can check in anytime from 11-30am to 5pm.

Most of our group are upgrading from gold to emerald status on Day 2 of the cruise, diamonds please look away ;p

Can we check in via the Crown & Anchor line at any time?

I have elderly folk and a friend who is recovering from an accident so I don't want them waiting for an extended time.

Thank you for your input , hope to maybe finally meet you :D

TraceyG

Hi Tracey

We are also on the same cruise Deck 8. We also have boarding times of 11.30 to 5pm but further on 1pm is suggested. We are Emerald and have always boarded early but am now wondering if they are enforcing the boarding times (had an experience of this on Celebrity last year, very rude man telling people to "go away and come back later" despite our staus in their loyalty club and never having this problem before even on our first cruise with them).

Has anyone recently cruise on EOTS had trouble boarding early. We like to start the holiday early.

Thanks Donna

As everyone wants to board early and most ignore the suggested times. We like to drop our bags and then go for lunch and return when most of the rush/madness has passed, despite have status. It seems so many people have status that the lines are still busy.

Gidday Cc cruisers :D

Last time we were on Voyager at the OPT we had a specific boarding time, as you say 1pm which we adhered to, all went well, a bit crowded but okay.

In January 2017 we boarded Ovation at the OPT and were able to secure an 11-30am time but our friend had a 1pm time that was strictly enforced.

Where I am confused is that we don't have a specific allocated time, it is merely a suggested boarding time.

Then some of my paperwork suggests that because I am a C&A member that I can nip in that line.

Worst case scenario, board at 2pm :cool:

Look forward to meeting you at the Meet & Greet!

TraceyG:)

Gidday Cc cruisers :D

Last time we were on Voyager at the OPT we had a specific boarding time, as you say 1pm which we adhered to, all went well, a bit crowded but okay.

In January 2017 we boarded Ovation at the OPT and were able to secure an 11-30am time but our friend had a 1pm time that was strictly enforced.

Where I am confused is that we don't have a specific allocated time, it is merely a suggested boarding time.

Then some of my paperwork suggests that because I am a C&A member that I can nip in that line.

Worst case scenario, board at 2pm :cool:

Look forward to meeting you at the Meet & Greet!

TraceyG:)

My feeling is that they turn people away (those with later boarding times) when there are long lines already to alleviate the wait times.