If you have ACTUALLY STAYED at a hotel in SJ SINCE Oct 1...please list here

skiiergirl

We are at dream inn currently. It was hard to tell yesterday what was closed due to thanksgiving and what was just closed. Street lamps were definitely out last night. Way less people out and about on our run this morning compared to previous years. 9245d742d0e836338f52dd4ca7257079.jpg

764e3157abae137d348acc592d653399.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are at dream inn currently. It was hard to tell yesterday what was closed due to thanksgiving and what was just closed. Street lamps were definitely out last night. Way less people out and about on our run this morning compared to previous years. 9245d742d0e836338f52dd4ca7257079.jpg

764e3157abae137d348acc592d653399.jpg

Oh awesome! We’re staying at the Dream Inn next week! Do you have any tips for us?

This is our third time. It is a residential area with the side towards the beach pretty nice and the other direction getting sketchy as you get to the highway. Lots of restaurants and bars within walking distance. If you want to go to old San Juan you will probably want transportation as it is about six miles in the heat and humidity. Rooms are small and basic, but not as small as a stateroom.

Snorkel2 and TXRainman are at AC Marriott since Thursday. It is OPEN for business. Newly renovated. Very nice hotel. They were happy to have us and everyone we have come in contact with has been super nice. Rooftop pool. Close to restaurants on Ashford. We saw the Condado Plaza and Caribe Hilton today when we went to Old San Juan. They are closed we are told by taxi driver due to damage from storm. They are trying to get things repaired and open as quickly as possible. A lot of places on Ashford are closed but we think more from economy rather than hurricane. Old San Juan - many stores posted only open from 10-2. I believe full power not restored their yet. Island looks pretty good from what we saw going from airport to hotel to OSJ and back. Taxi driver said half hour out not so good but that things are progressing every day. Everyone we have talked to has been positive.

Just breezed through check-in at Marriott Stellaris. Everyone we have met so far....porter at airport, taxi driver, bell staff at hotel, check-in clerk, etc. has said how glad they are that we are here and thanked us for coming!

Thank you so much for starting this thread. The marjority of posts here have been so helpful.

Ejoy your stay in San Juan and have a wonderful cruise.

Thank you for the update. Did you notice if the Starbucks and Walgreens on Ashford are open?

Starbucks, Walgreens, and CVS next to Marriott Stellaris are all open. Buns (hamburger), Ropa Vieja, Orozco's, Tayzan (Asian), Pannes restaurants were all serving dinner last night. Most of the shops between the Stellaris and La Concha were open although we saw several people fueling generators for the small shops as we walked by them. The street lights are out but there was enough traffic to provide a good amount of light (car headlights) while we were out around 7 pm. It was definitely a different "look" to see some buildings appearing to have no power while the next building had every room light on.

Thank you so much for starting this thread. The marjority of posts here have been so helpful.

Ejoy your stay in San Juan and have a wonderful cruise.

Thank you so much!

Thank you to everyone that has shared your experiences here. Hoping that the info will be helpful to others!

Checked into the Doubletree hotel yesterday. Nice place with a 24 hour grocery store across the street. Was told most relief workers left who were staying here. The hotel itself has a few problems from the hurricane. We were on the 4th floor with no working elevators. Porters will bring your luggage but still a lot of stairs. Over $300 a night with parking and hotel fees.

Edited by knucklehead at sea

After a snafu with my Airbnb booking, I’m presently at the Sheraton near the convention center and port. It is fully operational and quite lovely - I️ also got a great view of the Adventure and Summit!!

06c023426669e248ec4191e7b4fcd3a4.jpg7fba63a8c933e7eaa8f18392df78a190.jpg0011fb67ded316f0404c2c5a45ec8b77.jpg

Just curious what happens with your Airbnb. We have one booked for our stayed next month.

Just curious what happens with your Airbnb. We have one booked for our stayed next month.

Beside being too far from the downtown area, in a sketchy neighbourhood and having no power (knew this beforehand), a bat flew into the unit last night - I was in a taxi within 20 minutes.

Just had breakfast at Pinky's West. Delicious food and excellent service. Awesome prices. Cash only at the moment. No A/C. Generator running outside. Large portions. Right across from La Concha and a short walk from Marriott Stellaris. Two of us ate with beverages and tip for $20. Hotel buffet is $26 pp plus tip so this was a fabulous bargain!

Just had breakfast at Pinky's West. Delicious food and excellent service. Awesome prices. Cash only at the moment. No A/C. Generator running outside. Large portions. Right across from La Concha and a short walk from Marriott Stellaris. Two of us ate with beverages and tip for $20. Hotel buffet is $26 pp plus tip so this was a fabulous bargain!

What type of food is that?

Beside being too far from the downtown area, in a sketchy neighbourhood and having no power (knew this beforehand), a bat flew into the unit last night - I was in a taxi within 20 minutes.

Okay you are scaring me lol care to tell me what area it was in? I wanna make sure it’s not ours lol

Just checked in to DoubleTree by Hilton San Juan @ 105 Avenida de Diego. Hotel is fully operational with electricity, a/c, and WiFi. Elevators working too.

Taxi stand at airport with little to no wait. Taxi fare was $22 for three people with 4 rolling suitcases.

Just checked in to DoubleTree by Hilton San Juan @ 105 Avenida de Diego. Hotel is fully operational with electricity, a/c, and WiFi. Elevators working too.

Taxi stand at airport with little to no wait. Taxi fare was $22 for three people with 4 rolling suitcases.

Hi! I have a 10:55 flight booked the day we return in Jan, 21st. If you also leave same day as returning to port, can you report/describe taxi status leaving port and conditions at airport. We will do self assist debark to make it speedier, barring any actual delay in returning. Thank you so much! Enjoy your cruise!!

What type of food is that?

I took a photo of the menu board but it won't let me post.

Majorca

Goat cheese & spinach scramble

Fruit filled pancakes

Breakfast burrito

4 eggs & toast

Prices range from $5.50 to $8.50.

We had one Majorca, one goat cheese scramble with toast, one bottled water and a passion fruit juice. Total bill was $16.00.

Hi! I have a 10:55 flight booked the day we return in Jan, 21st. If you also leave same day as returning to port, can you report/describe taxi status leaving port and conditions at airport. We will do self assist debark to make it speedier, barring any actual delay in returning. Thank you so much! Enjoy your cruise!!

We will be doing the same thing on Sunday. I will post an update! :) Thanks

Here at La Concha Renaissance now - a breeze disembark today - in the terminal make use of a porter - we were out and directly to a taxi in less than 15mins! Porters are happy for the work and truly valuable to get you through the customs line!

Resort is fully functional - 4 pools open 24/7, Internet, beautiful ocean front room. Lots of shops and restaurants.

Enjoy your vacations!

We stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott San Juan Miramar on Nov 17 -- we had made the booking before the hurricane, and had no problem. It's running well, fully functional including elevators. Transportation around the airport, cruise port, hotels in the area, Old San Juan, all ok. Plenty of Uber drivers are working, in addition to the taxis.

We had dinner in Old San Juan, didn't look around the hotel area itself much for things to do. The hotel restaurant was open however.

Echoing what others have said - tip generously, it's very much appreciated. We also gave all of our remaining bottled water before getting on the ship to the luggage porters, who were even happier about that than the tips.