Carnival Breeze, thermal spa / thalassotherapy worth it?

broyles60

We just sailed on Magic and bought the thermal suite package. We loved the T-pool and heated loungers but, honestly, I don't really feel like I got my money's worth. Maybe it's because we were on a four port sailing and only had two sea days.

One more quick question. We have a Cove balcony and are thinking about booking the thermal suite / thalassotherapy package on-line before our cruise. Any opinions? Is it worth the money?

Only you know how much you are going to use it.

One more quick question. We have a Cove balcony and are thinking about booking the thermal suite / thalassotherapy package on-line before our cruise. Any opinions? Is it worth the money?

Absolutely worth it to me. I paid $139 for the 7-day spa pass on our upcoming Breeze cruise. I think for a couple it was $219 but my wife wanted no part of it. She would not go if it was free. I would pay twice the price just for me. But to me, vacation is about indulgence and spoiling oneself. I am not looking to save money or get my money's worth. If I wanted to do that, i would just stay home.

We're first-timers on the Breeze but we have definitely enjoyed thermal suites on many other ships and cruiselines. We went the "cove balcony and a thermal spa pass" instead of a spa balcony at a savings of almost $800.00 for our upcoming trip next month. I don't think we'll regret it.

We did them on the Breeze two years ago and were absolutely in love, in fact, I told my husband we were only going on ships that had it from now on...then last Christmas we were on the Magic and did it again and felt it was nowhere near as good as the Breeze.

Serious question...why did you feel the Magic was not as good as the Breeze with respect to the Thermal suite?

I have been on both twice. Aside from that little ornate divider in the room with the heat loungers, the thermal suites are basically identical. I know the Dream is configured differently...hope to experience that when it comes to Galveston next year.

DW and I have had a Cloud 9 spa room the last two years on the Breeze. We used the thalassotherapy pool twice a day, when it was open. Both years they had the pool down for a few days of the cruise. The other thermo rooms and heated loungers were nice, but to us they weren't worth it without the thalasso pool.

As for the jets, cruisers reported (including my own experience) the jets were turned off in late June and stayed off for maybe a week or more. I am glad to say current cruisers are posting that jets are now back on.

• 2 weeks later...

question, we are getting ready to cruise on the breeze and are interested int he pass. do yo uhave to sign up for times to use the pool etc or can you just go when you want??? could find nothing on the website and called carnival to a no answer answer

question, we are getting ready to cruise on the breeze and are interested int he pass. do yo uhave to sign up for times to use the pool etc or can you just go when you want??? could find nothing on the website and called carnival to a no answer answer

It closes overnight, sorry I don't remember the hours. If in a spa cabin you can use the area anytime, as often as you wish, with no reservations.

I assume the pass allows the same access but I don't know that for a fact.

8am to 10pm.

Understand if you get there right at 8am, the loungers and saunas may not be up to "operating temperature" just yet (but given how hot the Oriental Steam and Aroma Steam get, you might like a little less heat). Also I experienced about an hour delay of the T-Pool being available one day as they were still shocking it with chlorine...opened about an hour late.