Summit - Room Service or Buffet "Outdoor" Dinner - Suggestions

PelicanLvr

DW and I are on Summit for 12 nights in January. Have been on several X cruises before,so we know the general "drill".

Thinking of several nights trying to eat outside (from the buffet) at the Sunset Bar tables, or room service on our "sweet sixteen" balcony. It's the Caribbean and the weather will hopefully be lovely.

I believe room service will serve the MDR menu during dinner hours....right?

What "travels well" from the MDR menu or room service menu....cold items maybe?

What kind of options will likely be available at the buffet? What is Fresh cooked? What is generally available evenings buffet style?

Any suggestions for a nice dinner "under the stars"?

Thanks for the info.

PL

We have been in a sweet 16 and while the balcony is large the table is rather small. Doubt you could comfortably get dinner for 2 on the table.

The buffet is a good option. There are some theme nights and there is a Grill to Order station for beef, fish and possibly chicken in addition to the regular salads, veggies, main dishes, soups & desserts.

There is a grill station back aft right before you exit to the Sunset Bar and table dining area. It's the same station that they make paninis and made-to-order sandwiches for lunch. Each evening they will have some sort of theme, and they will have freshly grilled salmon, chops, chicken, and strip steaks, along with accompanying items such as salads/baked potatoes. Some nights they will have mussels and fresh fish.

If you have my-time dining, you can go back there around 6:00pm to check it out and see what they are serving and then make your decision to eat there or the MDR. We were very pleased with their selections and it's a great change of pace. They are doing this on all of the Celebrity ships. We were on Solstice in February where they had whole filets and ribeyes where they cut off a piece to your liking to put on the grill.

We only use room service in the morning for coffee/pastry. One evening when my wife didn't feel well, we had dinner served in our room from the MDR menu. All courses were served at the same time. Was it piping hot -- No. Was it cold -- No. It was what you would expect getting dinner served, all courses at the same time.

There is a grill station back aft right before you exit to the Sunset Bar and table dining area. It's the same station that they make paninis and made-to-order sandwiches for lunch. Each evening they will have some sort of theme, and they will have freshly grilled salmon, chops, chicken, and strip steaks, along with accompanying items such as salads/baked potatoes. Some nights they will have mussels and fresh fish.

If you have my-time dining, you can go back there around 6:00pm to check it out and see what they are serving and then make your decision to eat there or the MDR. We were very pleased with their selections and it's a great change of pace. They are doing this on all of the Celebrity ships. We were on Solstice in February where they had whole filets and ribeyes where they cut off a piece to your liking to put on the grill.

We only use room service in the morning for coffee/pastry. One evening when my wife didn't feel well, we had dinner served in our room from the MDR menu. All courses were served at the same time. Was it piping hot -- No. Was it cold -- No. It was what you would expect getting dinner served, all courses at the same time.

Agree with Wine-o, the grilling area is a great supplement to the buffet for dinner. Should also point out that buffet is very relaxing at dinner, not crowded at all, opposite of breakfast and lunch.