Google Maps (and other apps, I am sure) has great maps, and you can download them to your device and use them without Wifi or Internet connections.

yeah, you would think that. however, you would be pretty surprised at some of the directions i am getting.

"10. Turn right toward Madserud allé - 1 min

11. Turn right toward Madserud allé - 2 mins

12. Slight left onto Madserud allé - 1 min

13. Turn right toward Arnstein Arnebergs vei - 1 min

14. Turn left toward Arnstein Arnebergs vei - 1 min"

hoping for an actual physical map for backup

i guess i should clarify..... i am talking about a physical map that you buy from a store or amazon .... not one to download offline.

you know... like we did in ancient times ;-)

the copenhagen streetwise map is good

the lonely planet ones... not so good

We love Pop up maps, and there is definitely one for Stockholm, not sure about the other cities. Here’s a link to it on Amazon.co.uk https://www.amazon.co.uk/Stockholm-PopOut-Map-handy-pocket-size/dp/1845879872/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1529904759&sr=8-6&keywords=pop+up+maps

Pop up maps are small folded up maps. They actually have 5 maps all together, usually including information about public transport too. They just fit easily in your pocket.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We love Pop up maps, and there is definitely one for Stockholm, not sure about the other cities. Here’s a link to it on Amazon.co.uk https://www.amazon.co.uk/Stockholm-PopOut-Map-handy-pocket-size/dp/1845879872/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1529904759&sr=8-6&keywords=pop+up+maps

Pop up maps are small folded up maps. They actually have 5 maps all together, usually including information about public transport too. They just fit easily in your pocket.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

awesome, thanks. i was looking at those on amazon and wondering if they were any good. my mom got a lonely planet one for stockholm and half the streets names arent even listed.

We used Google maps with walking directions to walk around all our Baltic ports. Was a total life saver. We walked all over the place with live GPS tracking our every step. was awesome. I set up an international plan with my phone service so I had data the whole time.

I would also suggest to download maps to your smartphone/tablet. Either google maps or some of the platforms using OpenStreetMap.

In any case, there is a pretty good city map of Copenhagen here: https://www.visitcopenhagen.com/sites/default/files/asp/visitcopenhagen/CruiseCopenhagen/PDF/copenhagen_city_map.pdf

It should also be available in a printed version various places for free in town.