How large is the Wash and Fold bag?

es0

Can we get more than one bag or are we limited to one bag per stateroom? Just wondering if I can get a load of colors and a load of whites done.

You may be able to get more than one bag. Just speak to your stateroom attendant.

Can we get more than one bag or are we limited to one bag per stateroom? Just wondering if I can get a load of colors and a load of whites done.

Since they are charging $30 per bag, I suspect you can get as many bags as you want.

If a checked bag will cost me $25 each way on AA, I could still save money with the $35/bag. And get the added convenience of not having to check anything. Or... :confused: I may be able to just launder select items at the al-a-carte pricing and save even more.

Just be careful, as colors fade and stuff shrinks. i would only use it for socks, underwear and t shirts that are light colored, as a red t shirt turned pink on us. They also seem to dry in very hot temps, so stuff can shrink. Pajamas are OK to go, but I don't put anything i really care about in that bag.

Just be careful, as colors fade and stuff shrinks. i would only use it for socks, underwear and t shirts that are light colored, as a red t shirt turned pink on us. They also seem to dry in very hot temps, so stuff can shrink. Pajamas are OK to go, but I don't put anything i really care about in that bag.

Thanks. That is what I heard. I am thinking underwear and little kids summer clothes. I'll just buy a larger size for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

D+ gets a free one And remember that if there is more than one D+ member in a cabin. You can use more than one bag. My wife and I always use 2 (both free). Just make sure to use the right (different) folio number on each receipt .

I sent out jeans and they still fit. Packed only 1 pair of long pants for my husband, by accident. The dreaded "short in the dining room" one night!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We did the mt. liamuiga volcano hike in st. kitts and made a mess of our shoes and clothes. When we got back to our stateroom we crammed all of our clothes from the hike and several other items into the bag. It was busting at the seams literally. We then placed our two muddy pairs of shoes on top of the bag. They washed it all for the same price. I was expecting to pay more for the shoes but didn't have to.

We were on the Oasis last week and did the wash and fold bag. The clothes were not returned until the last afternoon/evening. Our room steward said they don't return them until the last night. Now we have taken advantage of the wash and fold on at least the last 5 or 6 cruises and have always received our clothes back the next night. Is this just an Oasis/class thing?? We pack light and utilize this service, which unfortunately didn't work well at all for my DH this time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We were on the Oasis last week and did the wash and fold bag. The clothes were not returned until the last afternoon/evening. Our room steward said they don't return them until the last night. Now we have taken advantage of the wash and fold on at least the last 5 or 6 cruises and have always received our clothes back the next night. Is this just an Oasis/class thing?? We pack light and utilize this service, which unfortunately didn't work well at all for my DH this time.

I don't know if it's an Oasis class thing, but I have learned to ask the stateroom attendant how long it will take, before I give them the bag.

I'm thinking the color catchers would not help much. I'm not sure how they handle laundry on the ship, but I am fairly certain that more than one families clothes are all together in those industrial washers they have! ;)

I'm sure you are right. My guess is they toss each bag's clothes into a mesh bag & throw them with other bags into their washers. I would never put anything in the bag that I would be unhappy if it was ruined as I think they must wash everything in hot water. :D

Sherri:)

On a related note, do they have self service laundry- specifically on Liberty? Cost? Do you use your sail card to pay or cash? I know a lot of people hate to do laundry on vacation, but I like to do a load early in the cruise and one toward the end of the cruise. We usually travel for a day or 2 before we embark and take 7 day cruises. So even by day 2 of the cruise, I have quite a few dirty clothes. Plus, its great to come home from vacation with mostly clean laundry. I don't mind it that much really, as I can put it in the washer, set a timer and go read a book in my room or rest for a bit while DH and DD are at the pool. Its better when I have a balcony, but even so its not a big deal. I would likely be somewhere quiet and reading anyway.

On a related note, do they have self service laundry- specifically on Liberty? Cost? Do you use your sail card to pay or cash? I know a lot of people hate to do laundry on vacation, but I like to do a load early in the cruise and one toward the end of the cruise. We usually travel for a day or 2 before we embark and take 7 day cruises. So even by day 2 of the cruise, I have quite a few dirty clothes. Plus, its great to come home from vacation with mostly clean laundry. I don't mind it that much really, as I can put it in the washer, set a timer and go read a book in my room or rest for a bit while DH and DD are at the pool. Its better when I have a balcony, but even so its not a big deal. I would likely be somewhere quiet and reading anyway.

No self-service laundry on board. We're happy with the wash and fold service. Like coming home with flat (easy to pack) and clean underwear.