Rerouting if a hurricane question for anthem of the seas

Anyone know where the ship goes if a 5 day cruise is rerouted out of NJ to Bermda?

Two years ago our 5 night Bermuda sailing from Cape Liberty went to St. Johns' New Brunswick. I am also on Saturday's sailing.

Anthem of the Seas: September 9 Bermuda cruise

While it is our intention to provide confirmation on our specific plans 48 hours prior to departure; the situation with Hurricane Irma and its impact on our Bermuda itinerary is unpredictable. We are actively monitoring the weather systems in the Atlantic for additional clarity. Please know that we are confirmed to sail on Saturday and it is our intent to go to Bermuda. If the weather becomes problematic, we will provide an alternative itinerary.

We will be working with local authorities to assess and understand the impact of Irma and when it is appropriate to visit. If the impact of the storm requires us to make a change we will of course notify you immediately.

For more frequent updates, please follow our meteorologist on Twitter @JamesVanFleet or visit the Royal Caribbean Facebook page.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/beforeyouboard/itineraryUpdates.do?cS=NAVBAR&pnav=3&snav=10

If to Canada, is it a 1 day stop or overnight like Bermuda would have been?

If it is Saint John, arrival and departure times are dependent on the tides. The Bay of Fundy has the largest difference in tides in the world. We were just there on Anthem on Tuesday, and our time in port was 11 am to 11 pm, arriving and departing near high tide.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If it is Saint John, arrival and departure times are dependent on the tides. The Bay of Fundy has the largest difference in tides in the world. We were just there on Anthem on Tuesday, and our time in port was 11 am to 11 pm, arriving and departing near high tide.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks, forgot about tides there..

Then, if I was sailing to Bermuda soon, I would bring warm clothes for Canada, just to be sure. :)

New Brunswick and Nova Scotia are hardly the "frozen tundra" and temperatures at this time of year are more likely to be 70 to 80 degrees, a sweatshirt and jeans should suffice and dressing in layers is always advisable on the ocean. While I love Bermuda, I wouldn't be averse to some time in the Maritime provinces especially during foliage season.

I leave on Sept 23

Two years ago our 5 night Bermuda sailing from Cape Liberty went to St. Johns' New Brunswick. I am also on Saturday's sailing.

Anthem of the Seas: September 9 Bermuda cruise

While it is our intention to provide confirmation on our specific plans 48 hours prior to departure; the situation with Hurricane Irma and its impact on our Bermuda itinerary is unpredictable. We are actively monitoring the weather systems in the Atlantic for additional clarity. Please know that we are confirmed to sail on Saturday and it is our intent to go to Bermuda. If the weather becomes problematic, we will provide an alternative itinerary.

We will be working with local authorities to assess and understand the impact of Irma and when it is appropriate to visit. If the impact of the storm requires us to make a change we will of course notify you immediately.

For more frequent updates, please follow our meteorologist on Twitter @JamesVanFleet or visit the Royal Caribbean Facebook page.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/beforeyouboard/itineraryUpdates.do?cS=NAVBAR&pnav=3&snav=10

If we go to Canada I won't be getting off the ship LOL no interest! I don't leave until Sept 23, hopefully all this crap is gone by then

Well, that would be a shame, and rather like cutting off your nose to spite your face. There is lovely scenery, history, and activities in the ports.

But I do hope you get to go to Bermuda as planned!

Considering the fact that, I don't know, you don't KNOW ME don't tell me I'm cutting off my nose to spite my face. I don't like scenery, I don't like "cool weather" and I don't have any interest in Canada, if I did I would book a cruise there. The cruise line would have to do what it needs to do and I know that, I rather stay on the ship and hang out then go to Canada. If there isn't sun and a beach I have no interest. I think that's my choice and that's ok.

Well, that would be a shame, and rather like cutting off your nose to spite your face. There is lovely scenery, history, and activities in the ports.

But I do hope you get to go to Bermuda as planned!

Considering the fact that, I don't know, you don't KNOW ME don't tell me I'm cutting off my nose to spite my face. I don't like scenery, I don't like "cool weather" and I don't have any interest in Canada, if I did I would book a cruise there. The cruise line would have to do what it needs to do and I know that, I rather stay on the ship and hang out then go to Canada. If there isn't sun and a beach I have no interest. I think that's my choice and that's ok.

I agree with you :) No interest whatsoever if there is no beach involved. If I wanted cool weather I would stay home lol. Its all about the blue waters of the Caribbean for me. Hoping the islands can recover and they get the help they so desperately need.

I agree with you :) No interest whatsoever if there is no beach involved. If I wanted cool weather I would stay home lol. Its all about the blue waters of the Caribbean for me. Hoping the islands can recover and they get the help they so desperately need.

Sorry, it's just an expression. For us, travel is all about experiencing something different than what we are used to, and being flexible when things don't go as planned. We would take such a situation as an opportunity to see and do something we hadn't chosen. Who knows, we might end up liking it! But I do hope you get the tropical vacation you are hoping for!

Thank you I hope so too, Bermuda is out favorite place in the world, would be bummed to not go there. So far looks good, but this Jose got to get his but moving or go away LOL

Sorry, it's just an expression. For us, travel is all about experiencing something different than what we are used to, and being flexible when things don't go as planned. We would take such a situation as an opportunity to see and do something we hadn't chosen. Who knows, we might end up liking it! But I do hope you get the tropical vacation you are hoping for!