Thinking Boston Bermuda NCL Gem for out honeymoon

cruisinpug

This past December we were in 9668 (category BC). It is the last balcony cabin on the port side, so we only had a neighbor on one side. There is no thru traffic back there, and it was very quiet. NCL considers mid-ship (BA) a higher category, but there is certainly more foot traffic going past. We did not have the vibration we have sometimes experienced with the aft facing rooms. No problems with motion either. Great cabin in a quiet location. We love the Gem!

We sailed ont he Gem twice, 2008 out of New York, 10 days, and 2011 seven days. Both were really nice cruises. Ship is very easy to get around. We had balcony on deck 10, both times vice cabins. I would advice not going in Sept, as you cannot predict hurricane season. Our 2011 cruise was supposed to be to Bermuda, but changed due to hurricane Irene. We could have re-booked,but decided to go and had a good time.

I have only cruise Disney before, so this is all new to me. Is there anything I should know? Where do you guys book through? Want a balcony room, is there any particular category that is better? Ones to avoid?

Consider taking the much newer and bigger Escape to Bermuda out of New York. A lot more to do and see. Not that far from Boston as an alternate port.

I have only cruise Disney before, so this is all new to me. Is there anything I should know? Where do you guys book through? Want a balcony room, is there any particular category that is better? Ones to avoid?

Congratulations!

What a idea for your honeymoon! We love the Gem. It is a bit more "laid back" in bells and whistles than the Escape (as a previous poster mentions) but there is nothing not to love about the Gem.

And for me, any room on a cruise ship is better than the room on land! LOL!:D:D

Enjoy your cruise and which ever ship you decide to go on!

We enjoyed the Gem in 2016 on a 10 day Caribbean out of N.Y.

Our cabin preferences are mid ship balconies on deck 9, because they are between other cabins, and not over or under restaurants or night clubs. When booking, we do it through NCL.

Enjoy your cruise.