From Allure to Vision? Parents of little ones, what say you?

The kids are begging for their next cruise.

Due to school schedules the only time we can really sail is summer or spring break.

Spring break this year our airfare cost the same as the cruise, essentially doubling the price.

We are within driving distance to New Orleans and Galveston, so I'm hoping to save some money on airfare this time around and sail out of there.

After Allure my wife wants a smaller ship (everything's smaller so that's easy) but the kids thought it was PERFECT.

We've sailed the western route (labadee, falmouth, grand cayman, cozumel or some variation of it) on our last 4 cruises, so we are looking at the Belize. Honduras, Cozumel run instead.

I worry visiting in the heat of the summer will be miserable, so I'm looking at Spring Break again.

Problem -- Liberty is pretty full for next year's spring break already. Not to mention its rates are higher than Oasis/Allure that Texas spring break week and that week she's going to Falmouth & Grand Cayman.

But... Vision well --- she's open, she's half theprice, and she's headed to Honduras, Costa Maya, and Cozumel.

Only Honduras would be new for us, but it's been years since we did Costa Maya.

So, I was ready to book.

Vision class ships are the one class I've never sailed. Quite frankly, when they launched I was in college so I wasn't sailing regularly, and by the time I graduated, Voyager class was out and I was all about that.

Now that I look at Vision, I'm concerned.

Trust me we loved Serenade when we sailed her, it was one of our favorite cruises, so I'm ok without all the glitz. But this ship seems super small, where even the pool and kids club don't consist of much. Will my 4 and 9 year old go bonkers?

Parents, especially, how did your little ones enjoy a vision class ship.

I'm starting to think, while it's awesome to have a total cruise price in a suite start with a $2,XXX, instead of my usual $5,000... I'm also a firm believer in "you get what you pay for" and perhaps I should just fly elsewhere and go for something we'd enjoy more.

Finally try NCL or Disney maybe.

Appreciate the input.

Pull the kids out of school for a week. Missing 5 days of school is missing nothing. Plenty of kids are pulled out when they have a cold or flu. My oldest son teaches high school math and science and he has no misgivings taking himself and his daughter out for a week.

Pull the kids out of school for a week. Missing 5 days of school is missing nothing. Plenty of kids are pulled out when they have a cold or flu. My oldest son teaches high school math and science and he has no misgivings taking himself and his daughter out for a week.

66bfc611e9011ad8d136fd4fcf84c90d.jpg

We travel with three young children and have no issue taking them out of school. They’ll learn far more seeing the world than being lectured about it by someone who probably hasn’t seen the world them self.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We’ve never done Vision Class but my kids are 7,9&11 and having done a mega ship and going backwards would be hard for them I think! With that being said, two of them don’t care for the kids club on any ship class but love the pools and other activities which the mega ships have. But given the choice of cruise on Vision Class or no cruise, they would ALWAYS choose to cruise! They’re hooked too!

There's really, really not much for kids on Vision. If they are entertained with camp activities it will be fine, but if they are looking for kids fun stuff outside of there you can forget it. carnival vista sails from galveston and it looks like price per night is similar to vision. Complete no brainer I'd be on the Vista. It's really not going to even be close for family friendly and kid friendly. vision is going to be a snoozer...I've been on it, nice ship, just real talk.

I wouldn't pull my kids out for a week. They'd have so much work to make up it wouldn't be worth it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

There's really, really not much for kids on Vision. If they are entertained with camp activities it will be fine, but if they are looking for kids fun stuff outside of there you can forget it. carnival vista sails from galveston and it looks like price per night is similar to vision. Complete no brainer I'd be on the Vista. It's really not going to even be close for family friendly and kid friendly. vision is going to be a snoozer...I've been on it, nice ship, just real talk.

Trust me that was totally my concern. However, my kids are young --- arts and crafts and pool time and games are our usual activities on a cruise. On Allure this year, we rode the carousel one afternoon, and went to one aquatheater show and one ice show. Rest of the time was adventure ocean and the pool area.

So for us I think the activities will be ok. We LOVED Serenade which had none of those extra either.

As for Vista --- we're not Carnival folks, we had one experience that was awful and haven't been back. I actually priced and contemplated Vista. Your pricing is off though, during our week Vista was more than DOUBLE what we paid for vision.

I'm a firm believer of pay a little more and get better, but this time, the deal was so good I had to say yes.

It's just making it all the easier for me to book a bigger/nicer ship faster, or if we like vision, book enchantment again during Fall Break

Oh and for the others who have stated pulling the kids out of school. That's not an option for us.

Everyone has their opinion and we respect that.

For us --- we only sail when school is out. or if it means missing 1 day --- not 5 or 6

Oh and for the others who have stated pulling the kids out of school. That's not an option for us.

Everyone has their opinion and we respect that.

For us --- we only sail when school is out. or if it means missing 1 day --- not 5 or 6

I think that you all will have a wonderful week on the Vision. Enjoy!