On board now - Thermal Package question

aledomom

We are currently onboard the Westerdam in Alaska. We bought the 7 day thermal package for 2 and were charged $239. Which we thought that was the set rate for a 7 day package. Well the hydro pool was closed yesterday and today. The chairs were closed today. All for maintenance. They are saying with the $239 we were given a discounted rate. Also indicated that we should have been told at sign up that there would be maintenance closings - which we weren’t. Can someone please tell me have you purchased the thermal package in 2018 on a 7 day cruise and what were you charged?

I pre-purchased a Thermal Package for my Alaska cruise on the Noordam departing June 3rd. I was charged $250. I have heard that when pre-purchasing as I have, Holland may actually charge me more, but that I can get the on-board signup difference credited to my OBC.

So I agree with the previous poster, it doesn't look like they gave you any discount.

That is unacceptable. The minimum discount you should have received is 50% off since the full suite has only been available for 50% of the time. Sounds like you need to be speaking with a supervisor.

I have experienced a few times when the Thermal Suite and Hydrotherapy Pool was closed for maintenance. I did receive a credit on my account for the day(s), pro rated, when I could not use the facility. Discounted rate that you received or not, a credit is owed to you, in my opinion.

Ask to speak to the Manager of the Greenhouse Spa. If not satisfied with that person's response, make an appointment with the Guest Relations Manager to discuss your issue.

It sounds like HAL is having issues with the Hydrotherapy pool. It was closed during our entire TA sailing on the Oosterdam this spring. Originally it was only supposed to be closed for two days.....our first time HAL cruisers who pre-purchased it for physical therapy were not happy. They got their money back, but it certainly affected their impression of HAL.