Breaking news! Use your OBC to pre-book shorex!

BBMacLaird

Yesterday I tried booking a couple excursions for our September 29 cruise on the Pursuit but at checkout the OBC section was not reflected. I looked again today and it's still not there.

We have the "Experience More" package with a $300 OBC. Could this be why it is not allowing me to use it in advance of sailing?

I’ve been told that the links to the six 2018 voyages that couldn’t be accessed are now fixed (1:39am Miami time.)

Hopefully everyone can now access their OBC via the Voyage Planner.

Yes. I was able to log in to the Voyage Planner for our Sept 5 Quest sailing and was able to add an excursion from our credit. Thanks for letting us know. New system is easy to use and seems to work well.

Yesterday I tried booking a couple excursions for our September 29 cruise on the Pursuit but at checkout the OBC section was not reflected. I looked again today and it's still not there.

We have the "Experience More" package with a $300 OBC. Could this be why it is not allowing me to use it in advance of sailing?

Just noticed the same thing. Our Experience More OBC doesn't show. Hope we can get the excursion we just booked credited to that instead of our general OBC which we want to use for other things.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

You get $300 OBC for Shore Excursions under the "Essentials" Experience More package. That should be showing in your Voyage Planner. Are you saying you can't see how much OBC you have? Or that your VP shows you don't have OBC?

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/booked-guests/onboard-packages/experience-more-packages

You get $300 OBC for Shore Excursions under the "Essentials" Experience More package. That should be showing in your Voyage Planner. Are you saying you can't see how much OBC you have? Or that your VP shows you don't have OBC?

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/booked-guests/onboard-packages/experience-more-packages

Can you buy those packages with OBC on board? I realize that you can only use OBC before the cruise on shore excursions.

Someday our system will be able to do everything. But one step at a time, and this was a big one for us. Or to misquote the astronaut Neil Armstrong .. this is “one small step for man, one giant leap for Azamara."

Fair enough! Thanks again.

Our "Essentials" does not show in the cruise planner. Our other OBC does show, which we got with the original booking.

Bonnie, my VP does not show any obc even though we have $300 under the “Essentials” Experience Package.

I understand we are working on getting that OBC to show up on the Voyage Planner. I'm sorry for the delay.

I'm guessing it is the fact that there are various components to the Experience More packages, and they need to decipher between the types of OBC (Shorex OBC vs Spa OBC) and the amounts that apply to the three levels.

I understand we are working on getting that OBC to show up on the Voyage Planner. I'm sorry for the delay.

I'm guessing it is the fact that there are various components to the Experience More packages, and they need to decipher between the types of OBC (Shorex OBC vs Spa OBC) and the amounts that apply to the three levels.

Thank you Bonnie for looking into this for me. I will let you and others know when my VP OBC is working.

Message to Bonnie--the Voyager Planner for the March 29th,2019 cruise is all screwed up. They still have excursions from the old cruise itinerary that was changed along with some excursions for the current itinerary. However, under Hong Kong they have excursions for Ho Chi Min City, and other colossal mistakes. Please have someone get in there and fix it--otherwise there is no point in trying to book the excursions in advance for this cruise. It's a real mess!!:eek:

Message to Bonnie--the Voyager Planner for the March 29th,2019 cruise is all screwed up. They still have excursions from the old cruise itinerary that was changed along with some excursions for the current itinerary. However, under Hong Kong they have excursions for Ho Chi Min City, and other colossal mistakes. Please have someone get in there and fix it--otherwise there is no point in trying to book the excursions in advance for this cruise. It's a real mess!!:eek:

I’m passing this information along now. Thank you for letting me know!

Bonnie,

Thanks for your answer to my prior post. We will purchase the Indulgence Package which includes $700 OBC for shorex. I've pre-booked shorex using OBC. When onboard, will it be possible to apply the $700 OBC to the pre-booked shorex, thus freeing up the unrestricted OBC?

Bonnie,

Thanks for your answer to my prior post. We will purchase the Indulgence Package which includes $700 OBC for shorex. I've pre-booked shorex using OBC. When onboard, will it be possible to apply the $700 OBC to the pre-booked shorex, thus freeing up the unrestricted OBC?

Yes, you can do this. You will need to ask our Shorex desk personnel to re-book the tours, using your Experience More shorex OBC. They'll be comfortable doing this for you!

I wanted to share a brief update on using your onboard credit (OBC) pre-cruise and some of the items we’re working through with this new functionality.

Last week, guests booked on six specific 2018 sailings experienced technical issues when logging into Voyage Planner. This has since been resolved, allowing guests on sailings starting September 2018 to login and use their OBC pre-cruise (when applicable) to reserve Azamara Shore Excursions.

Guests who have already purchased their tours using a credit card may cancel and re-book using their OBC. We’re happy to share that we’ve also found a solution regarding pricing and will now be able to honor price changes for guests with existing bookings who want to apply their OBC towards their pre-purchased tours before getting onboard. Please contact our team at 1-855-AZAMARA and they will manually cancel and rebook your tours, while honoring the original price paid, using your OBC.

Lastly, we’ve confirmed that shore excursion OBCs earned from Experience More packages are not currently available for use pre-cruise at this time. We’re diligently working on a solution and should have this limitation resolved soon.

Thank you for your continued support and we look forward to welcoming you onboard soon.

While not all of the land discoveries are available for our Southeast Asia cruise (10/16/19), a couple that we wanted were available. We booked one early because I was afraid one tour might sell out and the times available with private companies (most private Mekong Delta tours begin at 8 and ship docks at 9) don't lend themselves well to that activity on a private tour. The other was just Hoi An on your own for $49 pp and just booked it early as it's low cost and to remember to do it. We are booking all of our other tours independently.

The process is pretty easy and Azmara follows it up with an email explaining beginning on board credit and how much was applied to excursions as well as remaining balance.

Bonnie, does Azamara have videos of excursions?

Hi Hub,

It’s smart to book early the tours you really want.

I’ve not heard of plans to make videos of all our tours. There are just so many of them!

Ps. Hoi An is a favorite of mine. Enjoy!

It's definitely no risk to book early. Prices usually only go one way (not down).

I guess it is more difficult for Azamara to make videos of all of the excursions since the ships never do set itineraries for seasons like Celebrity and mass market lines do. It probably doesn't make much sense. Sometimes passengers make them and post them on Youtube. I suppose I was hoping to find a review or even a video out there somewhere on the Mekong Delta Adventure, but we'll roll the dice.

We’re thrilled to announce that Azamara guests on sailings starting September 1st, 2018 and beyond can now use their onboard credit (OBC) before boarding the ship. Please note, your OBC may only be applied pre-cruise towards the purchase of shore excursions; guests interested in reserving other onboard amenities such as beverage, internet, dining, spa, etc., must continue to apply it onboard.

We understand the importance of pre-planning your vacation and reserving your shore excursions before boarding the ship to secure your space on our smaller-group tours before they sell out. As a reminder, most of our tours have been adjusted to accommodate a maximum of 25 guests for a more intimate destination experience.

to see a step-by-step tutorial video on how to apply your OBC using Voyage Planner. We look forward to seeing you onboard soon.

If excursions have already been booked and paid for, will Azamara refund the OBC to my personal account if I contact the booking office?

If excursions have already been booked and paid for, will Azamara refund the OBC to my personal account if I contact the booking office?

Do you mean to ask if we will refund your out of pocket money you paid using a credit card, because you now want to rebook the same excursion using your OBC?

If that’s the question, definitely YES!

Bonnie

We cancelled our shore excursions and rebooked them against our OBC on the 21st when the new system became available and received emails confirming the changes. To date the refund credits have not appeared on our Amex account. In the past when we have cancelled shore excursions the credit has normally appeared in 5 days, I am concerned that the new system may not be ‘sending the right messages’ for the refunds. Has anyone else experienced this delay? We use a BA Amex card.

Thanks

Steve