Solo Cruiser's Roll Call

Solo Cruisers
Cruising is one of the best vacation experiences for those cruising alone -- learn more here, or just share your experiences cruising by your lonesome!
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 11:45 AM.
I live in Spring, TX
174 Posts
Joined Apr 2010
Originally posted by njkate
solo unless I can find some one to come 04/28/19 TA from NY to Rome and I'm scared as hell lol
Booked a balcony...ouch..so I can add someone if i can convince a relative or friend to join in

What are you afraid of? It is wonderful being on the ship and visiting all the different countries. When you go solo, ALL of your time is your own. You can stay as long or as short on any adventure or activity that you choose to. You never have to compromise or see something you may not have an interest in. There is no one to get in the way of what you want to do when you want to do it. You can eat as much or as little as you want and no one will ask you about it or tell you that you shouldn't. You can leave anything in the cabin you want, anywhere you want because no one will ask you to move it. You're LIVING your best life now. Enjoy!!!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Brooklyn, New York USA
387 Posts
Joined Mar 2018
Originally posted by LadyBlue58
What are you afraid of? It is wonderful being on the ship and visiting all the different countries. When you go solo, ALL of your time is your own. You can stay as long or as short on any adventure or activity that you choose to. You never have to compromise or see something you may not have an interest in. There is no one to get in the way of what you want to do when you want to do it. You can eat as much or as little as you want and no one will ask you about it or tell you that you shouldn't. You can leave anything in the cabin you want, anywhere you want because no one will ask you to move it. You're LIVING your best life now. Enjoy!!!

This

Ramona
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
I'll Give You a Hint ...Think Beverly Cleary
San Diego
7,317 Posts
Joined Jun 2000
My next solo cruise in 17 days Carnival Imagination
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Princess...Elite HAL...4 star Celebrity...Elite RCCL...Diamond Carnival...Platinum NCL...Gold
NY, NJ, MD, and now Venice, FL
2,006 Posts
Joined Aug 2005
Just got back from my first European Cruise (Baltics) and I went solo. I did two Carnival cruises solo; but this one was major.

I was anxious at first - especially since I have never been to Europe. But, I had a BLAST!!!! Awesome trip. Met lots of wonderful people and had a very memorable experience.

Therefore, I have booked the Emerald Princess r/t Barcelona for next June. Will go solo unless I find a roommate.

Debbi
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Debbi
Upcoming Cruises: Caribbean Princess 4/6/19; Island Princess 8/24/18 (Alaska Cruisetour); Celebrity Equinox 10/26/18; Symphony OTS 12/1/18; Pride of America 2/16/19; Emerald Princess 6/15/19 (Rome to Barcelona); Celebrity Eclipse 1/19/20 (Antarctica)

PAST:

Regal Princess 6/23/18; Carnival Conquest 01/06/2018; Caribbean Princess 10/31/2017; Carnival Paradise 05/22/2017; Regal Princess 12/13/2015; Brilliance of the Seas 1/31/2015; Celebrity Silhouette 1/19/14; Carnival Pride 1/20/13; Carnival Pride 1/29/12; Celebrity Summit 12/12/09; Crown Princess 11/9/08 Mariner of the Seas 10/14/07; Explorer of the Seas 11/06; Celebrity Constellation 11/05
Toronto
4,030 Posts
Joined Aug 2011
Originally posted by attilamom1217
Just got back from my first European Cruise (Baltics) and I went solo. I did two Carnival cruises solo; but this one was major.

I was anxious at first - especially since I have never been to Europe. But, I had a BLAST!!!! Awesome trip. Met lots of wonderful people and had a very memorable experience.

Therefore, I have booked the Emerald Princess r/t Barcelona for next June. Will go solo unless I find a roommate.

Debbi

That was the same way I felt when I did my first European solo cruise. It was my bucket list trip so it’s definitely my favourite. I’ll be returning to Rome this November for my first TA

Glad you had such an amazing time!

Sent from my iPad using Forums
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Previous Cruises

Nov 2017 - 7 Night Southern Caribbean Cruise (6th solo cruise - RCCL Adventure)
Sept 2016 - 10 Night Greek and Adriatic Cruise (5th solo cruise - RCCL Rhapsody)
Sept 2015 - 7 Night Southern Caribbean Cruise (RCCL Adventure)
Mar 2014 - 8 Night Bahamas Cruise (4th solo cruise - RCCL Explorer)
Sept 2013 - 7 Night Southern Caribbean Cruise (3rd solo cruise - RCCL Jewel)
April 2013 - 4 Night Bahamas Cruise (RCCL Enchantment)
Sept 2012 - 7 Night Western Caribbean Cruise (RCCL Allure)
Jan 2012 - 9 Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise (2nd solo cruise - RCCL Explorer)
May 2011 - 4 Night Bahamas Cruise (NCL Sky)
Sept 2010 - 4 Night Bahamas Cruise (1st solo cruise - RCCL Majesty)
Sept 2009 - 7 Night Western Caribbean Cruise (RCCL Liberty)
Brooklyn, New York USA
387 Posts
Joined Mar 2018
Originally posted by attilamom1217

Debbi
Going on my 2nd Cruise ever, Royal Princess, and I'm not sure if it's my 2nd one solo 'cause the first was with a group but I did a solo inside cabin. Feb 2019 I head for a 49 night cruise around South America.

Ramona
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
New York City
690 Posts
Joined Oct 2013
Congratulations Attilamom. I have not been to the Baltic countries yet. It sounds like you had a great and rewarding time.
Virtopia, I hope you love your transatlantic as much as i have loved mine. I have done 4.

And a 49 night cruise around South America? wow! wish i could go too. Lucky you! not the pest- Hey, I'm from Brooklyn too!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carnival Horizon transatlantic May 9-23 2018 Adventure of the Seas, June 22,18 family, Bahamas.
Norwegian Jade, Canada, Oct. 16-26 2017 Celebrity Summit family cruise to Bermuda 7/23/17
Norwegian Breakaway, Mar.19, 2017, Bahamas.
Norwegian Gem, July 2016, family cruise Carnival Vista transatlantic, 10/21/16
Norwegian Breakaway April 2016, Bahamas
Carnival Splendor, July 2015, family cruise to E. Caribbean
MSC Divina, 4/15 transAtlantic crossing NY-Rome
X Equinox, 1/15, a great cruise to central America
Brilliance OTS trans AT. 8/31/14, Liberty OTS, 12/14
Carnival Splendor family cruise 6/25/14
HAL Zuiderdam, Feb. 2014, S.Carib/Panama Canal
Carnival Splendor, Jan 2014, friends quilting cruise
Crown Princess, Nov 2013, S Carib.
Carnival Legend, Sept. 2013, N. Europe
Carnival Splendor, June 2013 family, Bahamas
Carnival Glory, Aug. 2012 family, Canada
Carnival Magic, Aug. 2011, Mediterranean
Norwegian Jewel, June 2011 family, Bahamas
Caribbean Princess, Aug. 2010 Canada
Norwegian Dawn, Feb. 2010 S. Caribbean
Caribbean Princess, Aug. 2009 N.Eng, Canada
Carnival Triumph, June 2009, family cruise
Carnival Freedom, Aug. 2008, Mediterranean
Queen Mary II Feb. 2008 Bahamas
Carnival Fascination, Aug. 2007 Caribbean
Carnival Victory, June 2007 family cruise
Carnival Valor, Aug. 2006 honeymoon, Caribbean
Carnival Valor, June 2005 Caribbean
Enchantment of the Seas, June 2005, family
Celebrity Century July 2004
Carnival Glory, Aug. 2003, Caribbean
Carnival Victory, Feb. 2003 Canada
Regal Empress, July and August, 2002, Canada
Brooklyn, New York USA
387 Posts
Joined Mar 2018
Originally posted by JoseyP
… Hey, I'm from Brooklyn too!

Canarsie in the House and BRC (Brownsville Recreation Center) is where workout. I guess I'm mulit-community,

Ramona
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
New York City
690 Posts
Joined Oct 2013
Originally posted by NotThePest_Too
Canarsie in the House and BRC (Brownsville Recreation Center) is where workout. I guess I'm mulit-community,

Ramona
Hi Ramona,
thanks for writing back! I guess you are now cruise-addicted like most of us on here..... I am impressed that you are taking that South American journey. Just booked Regal Princess (It is like Royal) for a trip from Brooklyn-Florida by way of the Caribbean, but it's not solo.
I am familiar with Canarsie. Is the BRC on Linden Blvd?

josey
Connecticut
560 Posts
Joined Sep 2014
Originally posted by Floridaholic
Hi All

I have just booked my first solo on Quantum of the Seas. Do RCL do any special activities/meetups for solos?

Thanks
Floridaholic

They do not have a staff member assigned to the solo group. They do sometimes post gathering times, but it is hit or miss, I never met up with other solos except in the dining room and on excursions. And they said they had missed people trying to find meet ups as well.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Skipperanne
Connecticut

New ship, New locks!!

a totally new way to cruise: solo cabins!! BTB

Royal Caribbean: Serenade of the Seas Eastern Caribbean, from Fort Lauderdale: Melissa Etheridge Second Rock the Boat Cruise: March 2018.
Royal Caribbean: Anthem of the Seas Eastern Caribbean, from Port Liberty, NJ February - March 2018.
Norwegian Gem Eastern Caribbean, from NYC. December 2017. (new Islands due to Irma).
Norwegian Gem Eastern Caribbean, from NYC. b2b February-March 2017.
Royal Caribbean: Brilliance of the Seas Western Caribbean, from Tampa: Melissa Etheridge Rock the Boat Cruise: November 2016.
Carnival Paradise Western Caribbean, from Tampa October 2016.
Norwegian Gem Eastern Caribbean, from NYC March 2016.
Norwegian Sun Alaska b2b Vancouver to Seward May-June 2015.
Norwegian Pearl Alaska Cruise!! Vancouver to Seattle May 2015.
Norwegian Dawn Boston to Tampa and Western Caribbean November 2013.
Norwegian Gem Eastern Caribbean btb from NYC March 2013.