Teen Entourage Questions

Triciapcp33

We are taking our 14yr old son on his first cruise. We are booked on the Pearl this year and wondering what things the Teen Entourage has to offer. What does it cost in the arcade? Do the games take cash or is it the room key charge? Is there a charge to use the Nintendo? He asked if there was a place to get malts? Any answers would be greatly appreciated!

First of all we loved the Pearl!! Entourage (and all kids clubs) have activities planned throughout the day and evening. Entourage is a little looser in that a lot of the teens just use the space to meet up before heading off to do something else (arcade, bowling, buffet etc)... but there are planned activities too. The Nintendo in the teen club is free. My Dd is anti-arcade so I can’t answer you, but I believe you use your room key and charge for the games.

Since the kids can check themselves in and out, we loaded iconcierge and paid for the texting bit on Dd’s iPod, and she had to text us when she was changing venues or coming back to the room. We also set a curfew for her and gave her plenty of time (15 minutes is good) to come back to the room or check in after activities she joined in.

Have him go the first night as that is when they do a variety of ice breakers and the kids form their groups (this goes for all ages!)

Malts... I think osheehans is where you can get a milkshake... but we never ordered one as far as I can remember.

Thanks so much for the help! I had read that you can also put a limit on the card per day, if that is true that will help ease our minds a little.

I’m not sure, I just told my kids how much they could spend, and if they went over, they’d pay me back and lose privileges, starting around age 10. You can check your account anytime on the app or tv, I think a 14 year old can understand not to spend your money without permission.

Thanks so much for the help! I had read that you can also put a limit on the card per day, if that is true that will help ease our minds a little.

Unfortunately this is not an option. We were on the Getaway in December and asked specifically at guest services about a limit and they said they can either open or close the account on that room key. However you can set a limit and check daily on the TV at any charges to your room. If your DD goes over, you can close it out

We are taking our 14yr old son on his first cruise. We are booked on the Pearl this year and wondering what things the Teen Entourage has to offer. What does it cost in the arcade? Do the games take cash or is it the room key charge? Is there a charge to use the Nintendo? He asked if there was a place to get malts? Any answers would be greatly appreciated!

I think the O'Sheahan malts or shakes cost....I think. However,the buffet has hard and soft ice cream, all you can eat.

As far as setting a limit, you can do that yourself by telling your teen what they can and cannot spend. If they can't manage it, that's another issue not for CC.

If you must limit their spending because they are irresponsible and can't be trusted, then you can set up their account as a cash account with guest services after you have boarded. You would remove their card from the credit card associated with the cabin, and put down a set amount of cash instead. This only works if the DSC was prepaid, because otherwise that amount would be deducted first from the cash account.