7.6 earthquake in Honduras

cpshaye

From what I’ve been reading is so far tsunami buoys near by have not reported anything yet. The epicenter was well off shore and no imeadiate reports of any damage on land have been reported. If there is no major tsunami then it’s not going to effect much of anything. Cruise as usual I’m sure.

Wondering how this affects ships in that area now???

not much ships can do about tsunamis, they can’t out run them or get out of the way. Best I think they could do is point the ship directly at or away from the epicenter so the ship is perpendicular to a potential wave coming at them. Even then most tsunami waves out at sea are just a big swell and might rock the ship more then usual.

Hopefully, if Honduras was hit, there was not too much damage, as we are to be there the end of March. There is nothing like planning on visiting/checking out a port, and find out what you planned, you cannot do.

Hopefully, if Honduras was hit, the residents survive and there is no loss of life. There is nothing like planning on visiting a port where there has been devastation to the people and their home only to find out it puts a cramp in your pleasure trip.