First cruise booked! Good deal?

racetech

Recently booked my first cruise aboard Norwegian Getaway! Sailing Dec 29th 2019. Went with a balcony cabin for me and my g/f. It leaves out of New Orleans so we plan to be there a day early to enjoy the area and relax. NCL had a good sale going on, and I was able to book for $50 each rather then the normal $250. We recieved $100 in on board spending credit, $50 to spend on an excursion at each port. And a free drink package that includes all drinks and alcohol drinks under $15, of which I pay the difference if over, and this is all included in our cruise fair. Seems like a decent deal to me? We will be cruising with another couple who has cruiesed a few times already, we are really looking forward to it, and hope the next almost 2 years go by fast!

Recently booked my first cruise aboard Norwegian Getaway! Sailing Dec 29th 2019. Went with a balcony cabin for me and my g/f. It leaves out of New Orleans so we plan to be there a day early to enjoy the area and relax. NCL had a good sale going on, and I was able to book for $50 each rather then the normal $250. We recieved $100 in on board spending credit, $50 to spend on an excursion at each port. And a free drink package that includes all drinks and alcohol drinks under $15, of which I pay the difference if over, and this is all included in our cruise fair. Seems like a decent deal to me? We will be cruising with another couple who has cruiesed a few times already, we are really looking forward to it, and hope the next almost 2 years go by fast!

What matters is the price. I'm assuming it's a $50 deposit. Which generally isn't a big deal as it's not a discount. They always have a free perk such as the drinks. What's the overall price for the two of you? And yes, the Norwegian section will know best.

For example, on my upcoming Norwegian cruise, they upped the offer. Offering free gratuities, on top of the other free perks. But, the same cabin level is selling for $1,000 more than what I paid. Way more than free gratuities for 2 people.

What matters is the price. I'm assuming it's a $50 deposit. Which generally isn't a big deal as it's not a discount. They always have a free perk such as the drinks. What's the overall price for the two of you? And yes, the Norwegian section will know best.

For example, on my upcoming Norwegian cruise, they upped the offer. Offering free gratuities, on top of the other free perks. But, the same cabin level is selling for $1,000 more than what I paid. Way more than free gratuities for 2 people.

It ended up at $3800 for the 2 of us with a balcony cabin.

Looks like you got a reasonably good deal if you drink. fyi, I found a better deal for the same cruise basic same dates for 2018 ;)

I really wish I could cruise sooner but this date will work for everyone involved lol So am I locked into this rate? Say I find the same cruise cheaper I cant call NCL and say hey i want this price??

I really wish I could cruise sooner but this date will work for everyone involved lol So am I locked into this rate? Say I find the same cruise cheaper I cant call NCL and say hey i want this price??

As long as the final payment date hasn't passed, you can. Basically, watch for the cancellation penalties. They generally kick in at time of final payment, and get progressively worse the closer you are to sail date.

Worst question you could ever post on these boards. Every third person here will tell you how to do it differently. If you're happy with your deal, it was a good deal for you.

Once I book something, I never look at it again. Instead, I take all that energy and just look forward to the trip.

Questioning things only leads to insanity.

It's not questioning things. It's just tracking the price. Doesn't take very long. I really only do it when I get some e-mail advertising a sale.

The cruises I take just go up in price. However, I do the same when renting cars. I rent, and since I can cancel anytime, if I see a better price, I'll cancel and book that.

Once I can't cancel without a penalty anymore, then I stop checking prices.

• 1 month later...
Price seems a bit high to me but it is a holiday sailing, i.e. New Year's.

It actually is a bit high as it is a Holiday cruise. I've been looking at some other cruises and can actually get a 11 day for cheaper then this in early December. Thinking of changing things up!

Yes, holiday cruises are higher than normal. A cruise the week earlier can be significantly cheaper. It all depends on how locked in you are to those dates, that ship, etc.

I like Disney, but I never sail when school is out because I'm not locked into dates like a teacher would be and I have no problems taking my kids out from school. I do have to visit family during the holidays, so I knowingly pay those outrageous holiday airfare rates because I'm a little more locked in to that.