Willdra’s Hyperactive Carnival Horizon April 15-22 Cruise

willdra

Thanks for taking us along on another wonderful trip, Willdra! I always enjoy your sense of humour and the great pictures. :D

Heather

Thanks Heather! [emoji38]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Wonderful review and beautiful photos! Thank you for taking time to do these reviews. I'm always sorry when they are done. :(

The food pics look amazing!! I'm sure if I am ever able to get to Europe, I will have to starve myself before going, otherwise I wouldn't be able to fit in my clothes to come home! How on earth do you stay so slim?? You always look so darn cute!

Wonderful review and beautiful photos! Thank you for taking time to do these reviews. I'm always sorry when they are done. :(

The food pics look amazing!! I'm sure if I am ever able to get to Europe, I will have to starve myself before going, otherwise I wouldn't be able to fit in my clothes to come home! How on earth do you stay so slim?? You always look so darn cute!

LOL thanks[emoji4]! We walked so much during our trip, everything we ate just burned off by the time we got to our next destination. I’ve also learned a few tricks along the way, on the best ways to pose to make myself look slimmer. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sounds like W had the start of the Horizon Hack! The 10 day prior to the TA and then the TA was filled with coughing, sickly people. I sailed the TA and it was miserable. Our six days across the Atlantic was cold, foggy and rainy and so everyone was inside hacking up lungs. It didn't help that some people have the worst manners. Cover your mouth people!! And those tongs at the buffet are there for a reason - don't use your fingers! :mad::mad::mad: Ugh. Ended up going to the ship's doc for antibiotics. Still not 100%.

But awesome review as always! :)(y)

Sounds like W had the start of the Horizon Hack! The 10 day prior to the TA and then the TA was filled with coughing, sickly people. I sailed the TA and it was miserable. Our six days across the Atlantic was cold, foggy and rainy and so everyone was inside hacking up lungs. It didn't help that some people have the worst manners. Cover your mouth people!! And those tongs at the buffet are there for a reason - don't use your fingers! :mad::mad::mad: Ugh. Ended up going to the ship's doc for antibiotics. Still not 100%.

But awesome review as always!

LOL :') thanks!

AC and V were sick too by the time we got back. It was nuts, they were all fine one day, then the next they were on their death bed! :o

Paris Part Deux

The first thing that I noticed when I woke up, was that W's coughing and sneezing was completely gone. I instantly made a note to see if we could find a comparable potion at home. That cold medicine had to contain essence of mermaid, pixie dust, and unicorn fur. It was pure magic.

For our ride to the airport, Z ordered a taxi for us the night before. Taxis are the preferred method of ride sharing in Barcelona. They even have an app for them. Our taxi was scheduled to arrive at 7. He was there at 6:45. I didn't even have pants on when he got there, so W and I had to scramble to finish getting ready. When we ran downstairs, I couldn't even remember if I brushed my teeth. Oh well, nobody passed out when I talked to them, so I must've brushed.

We got to the airport super-fast, and that’s where the warm fuzzy bunnies and niceness ended. We were flying Easyjet, and I wasn’t concerned initially because they got great reviews. A and Z flew Easyjet from Paris to Barcelona, and they liked them too. When W and I checked in, we were told that we had to pay for our small carry on bags. Since we both had backpacks, those were our “free” carry ons, and if we had anything else, we had to pay for it. I swear I rolled my eyes so hard at the agent, I almost got a migraine. Since my chill was on life support, and I couldn't be sure that this would end well (without me in handcuffs), I backed away to let W handle it. It was way too early to be arguing about some bags, so W paid the 80 Euros. 80 whole Euros y'all. Ridiculous.

AC was going through a similar saga with her agent, but she kept rearranging stuff in her bags to make weight and to consolidate. It’s really crazy because at the end of the day, she was still taking the same amount on the plane, it was just configured differently. We realized that this would not be a fast transaction, so we left V and AC down there and went on to security.

They didn't make us take our shoes off, but we did have to take off our watches. Mmmmkay. A and Z had their bags searched (of course) and that took a minute. After that debacle, we went and sat down to regroup. And breathe. We didn't have a gate assignment yet, which was different, since the flight was scheduled to leave within the hour. We went to grab food, and right when we sat down, they announced our gate. The gate announcement also meant “line up for boarding” even though they don’t announce that part. We stood in line maybe 15-20 minutes. With no other announcements, the line started moving and we were led to the plane.

We didn’t board a bus this time, but they lined us up in the gate to wait for the next step. After a few minutes of standing there looking crazy, we were on the plane. I didn’t drink coffee on purpose that morning because I wanted to go straight to sleep on the plane, which I did. There were a lot of kids on the flight, and they talked, cried, screamed, and laughed the whole flight. I was thoroughly through, but I slept for most of it. Shout out to my earplugs! Thanks for coming through for a sister!

When we deplaned in Paris, we had to get on a bus. They made sure that everyone was crammed in as tight as possible, and they kept threatening that the bus would not depart until everyone was on. Finally, the bus started up, then went down about 50 feet from where we were originally, stopped and let us out.. So we had to do all of that stuffing in like sardines to go a few feet???? SMH

We got off the bus, then walked through “customs” before collecting our luggage. We went to the exit and decided we would take a taxi. A driver with a van quoted us a flat rate for all four of us and we set off. Before he drove off, I asked if he took credit cards, and he said yes. Our hotel was about 17 miles away and it was trafficky that day. It took maybe 30 minutes to get there. When we got to the hotel, our driver blocked the whole road getting our bags out, then he told us that he took Euros only. No card. “But sir, I specifically asked, and you said.. You know what, never mind”.

I went on into the hotel to check in, while W and Z dug into their bags to get cash for the driver. Sometimes (a lot of times), it’s best to just walk away. This was our last day in Paris, and I was determined to enjoy it. I declared then and there that we would be "foolishness free" for the rest of our trip. We just had to be. Right?

I was happy that our rooms were ready and we could at least put our bags away and sit still for a few minutes. I was also thrilled that the Front Desk Staff was very nice. We were staying at the Hotel Home Moderne. The hotel was pleasant, and it was a bargain at 89 Euros for the night. Everyone approved of my choice and thanked me again for all of the research I put into our travel plans. W and I made it to our room, and we sat down for a spell. Next, we rearranged our luggage so that we wouldn't have to pay baggage fees again. #lessonlearned #wasteofmoney. We watched something on tv, then collected A and Z to find food. We settled on a panini shop a few doors down from our hotel.

AC and V arriving

41889104932_91a17cb2f7_z.jpg

This hotel was also in a residential area

41906817241_c276c15eae_z.jpg

41863607452_e07553bb86_z.jpg

40126174720_606f15d764_z.jpg

40126174390_6a1d78f596_z.jpg

41889293142_f437ed6506_z.jpg

We were very close to a park so we walked over and ate there. On the way we saw lots of cafes and shops, so we would be ok eating around there for dinner. After we ate, we wanted to go to see Moulin Rouge. A and Z found our route, and we went for the Metro. It took a few trains, and a medium walk later, but we arrived. Moulin Rouge is pretty small. We kept thinking we were in the wrong place, and that the universe was tricking us.

40098603770_972befa42c_z.jpg

41188692714_9ac9e84008_z.jpg

41905866981_8de97e637f_z.jpg

41729203661_1185c3611c_z.jpg

27860580608_fc8ac222b7_z.jpg

40098072600_23effd5bee_z.jpg

A had to get on a conference call at 5, and she didn't want to chance being late, so she went back to the hotel, while we carried on to the Palais Garnier Opera House. Now that is a beautiful building! We looked around when we got there, and took a few pictures.

27036591107_9019d60b93_z.jpg

27036590847_69993d6f7b_z.jpg

41905618261_0fcb0e0a78_z.jpg

41905610551_14b8cde305_z.jpg

27036551967_67c9dc9caa_z.jpg

26861094097_7c2c69249d_z.jpg

Soon we felt ourselves beginning to fade. Fast. Those 14 days of constant motion was catching up to us. Therefor W, Z, and I decided to go back to the hotel. On the way, we stopped at a City Market. I got some really good wine, and W got water and soda. Back at the hotel, W and I sat around in our room until it was time to eat again. I don't think we've ever been too tired to eat. #goals.

Around 7 pm, A and Z sent a text saying they were ready to eat. We met in the lobby, and just walked down to a brasserie on the corner. AC and V were worn out, so they stayed in the hotel. We sat there for a few hours openly judging people on the street. This is one of my favorite Parisian activities. We are not hiding the fact that we see you, and you see us, seeing you. Sigh, I am so gonna miss that!

A and I had Steak Marsala, W had Grilled Steak, and Z had Fish and Chips. I also had a “Long Island” cocktail which was delish. When we finished dinner, we all walked back over to the grocery store for I don't know what, but it was closed. It was almost 10 when we got back to our hotel, and again it was another great day. Our flights back home the next day weren't until 10 am, and it felt good not to have to get up at zero dark thirty.

41187773324_c6ff9e29f9_z.jpg

39873493190_99203d4ac4_z.jpg

41005924995_395ef65d91_z.jpg

41005925015_3ce353c92f_z.jpg

41005923725_d7751c3eb2_z.jpg

Before I fell asleep, I said a prayer asking God to forgive me for the murderous thoughts that went through my mind (that I may have briefly smiled at), about W when he was coughing so hard that he sounded like he was trying to eject his spleen from his body.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Thanks for your wonderful trip reports! Now thanks to you I will be selling our third child to pay for a trip in 2020....jk...And when's your next trip ? Life will be dull and drab until then....but then maybe I'll get some work done!

Thanks for the sweet reply! :D We are cruising in October on Oasis of the Seas. It's W's fault, I let him pick this one (during a moment of weakness which involved tequila), but no worries, I am permanently revoking his picking privileges after this.;p

Thanks for the sweet reply! :D We are cruising in October on Oasis of the Seas. It's W's fault, I let him pick this one (during a moment of weakness which involved tequila), but no worries, I am permanently revoking his picking privileges after this.;p

We sailed the Allure a couple of years ago and loved it. That is the sister ship to the Oasis. Sooooo much to do....it will be hard to get your nap times in! Enjoy and hope you do a review! We're setting sail in less than 2 weeks on the Magic and can't wait!

• 2 weeks later...
We sailed the Allure a couple of years ago and loved it. That is the sister ship to the Oasis. Sooooo much to do....it will be hard to get your nap times in! Enjoy and hope you do a review! We're setting sail in less than 2 weeks on the Magic and can't wait!

I must admit, I am really looking forward to the huge ship! I may need multiple daily naps after all of the activities, eating, breathing, and walking. 😜

Have fun on the Magic! She’s still one of our faves! 😃

Thanks for such a wonderful review!! I've actually been reading you reviews for some time, but haven't commented before. You pics are absolutely gorgeous, what kind of camera did you use?

Thanks for rocking with me! 😃 I mostly used my Canon Rebel T6 and my iPhone. W’s Samsung point and shoot was really good for zooming, so there are a few pics taken with that camera as well. 🤓

• 3 months later...