Willdra’s Hyperactive Carnival Horizon April 15-22 Cruise

willdra

Love this picture of the two of you:hearteyes: I like the hair twists too:)

I haven't read much about napping yet on this review like some of your others (although friends who travel have said European trips are for culture and exploring and Caribbean are for naps;)). I did want to thank you though for mentioning it in previous reviews. I often try to squeeze too many activities in and wind up more stressed and tired by the end of the vacation then I was going in. Last cruise I followed your lead and napped most days - it was glorious. We were ready to get back home to family, but felt very relaxed. Hoping for the same again this fall.

Thanks again for all you put in your reviews!

Thanks for noticing my lack of naps! I surely felt it [emoji20].This trip was go go go for 15 days. We had to take an extra week off afterwards to recover. I think I slept for 72 hours straight! [emoji42][emoji42][emoji42] On our Oct cruise, I plan on making up for all of those naps I lost last month. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

After reading your review today ... I had to stop at Starbucks for banana nut bread ... loving your review

LOL [emoji23] I don’t want to see another banana bread for a minute. I think it gave me PTSD since I was worried about getting tackled by TSA cuz it was a “suspicious” package. [emoji15][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24]

Love your review!

Wow, Magic; that’s a blast from the past! I think I still have my decks from 1995 (the last time I played).

Now that’s sweet! I wonder if they’re a collectors item. [emoji2][emoji2]

Thanks for noticing my lack of naps! I surely felt it [emoji20].This trip was go go go for 15 days. We had to take an extra week off afterwards to recover. I think I slept for 72 hours straight! [emoji42][emoji42][emoji42] On our Oct cruise, I plan on making up for all of those naps I lost last month. [emoji6]

Have you seen the re-positioning cruise they just announced, from Long Beach to Singapore? 24 days with (I think) 18 sea days! Just think of all the naps you could fit in then!

39922707700_654fdfaa77_z.jpg

39922707710_cbd1a52515_z.jpg

I wanted (needed) wine and limoncello, and it just so happened that we were in Italy, so it was very easy to find. We went into a nice market in the square. W just HAD to use the self-checkout to buy my wine and his coke. It was crazy to be able to use the self-checkout for wine and no one questioned you. They didn’t even look at us. At home, they always have to come over and enter in my birthday, even tho they can tell I've passed 21 a couple of times.

Love these pictures:hearteyes:

In PA it's still been fairly recent that you can buy beer and wine in grocery stores, and mine has to actually swipe the driver's license - I can't imagine self-checkout of alcohol:eek:. The state run wine and spirit shops didn't even look at my license though:o so I guess different rules.

Before I fell asleep, I said a prayer thanking God that when the cook at the Seafood Shack basically refused to take my money for a lobster roll, I didn't punch him in the throat, end up in cruise ship jail, and bring shame upon my family name. Hey these prayers are working after all!! Yeah!!

Love your prayers!

On the Liberty last month I “tried” to order a seafood platter or sampler, and was told “we don’t have that”. Uh-you have a big display sign on your counter that says you do. He brusquely told me they only have what’s on the wall menu. Well it would seem like a good idea to take down the other signs-but what do I know!

He also didn’t tell me you get 2 lobster rolls per order, so I also ordered the chowder bread bowl also! Yikes too much food. And he sure wouldn’t have won for Mr Congeniality!

Love your prayers!

On the Liberty last month I “tried” to order a seafood platter or sampler, and was told “we don’t have that”. Uh-you have a big display sign on your counter that says you do. He brusquely told me they only have what’s on the wall menu. Well it would seem like a good idea to take down the other signs-but what do I know!

He also didn’t tell me you get 2 lobster rolls per order, so I also ordered the chowder bread bowl also! Yikes too much food. And he sure wouldn’t have won for Mr Congeniality!

Thank you [emoji1488]! Why are the Seafood Shack ****s out here snatching hopes and dreams??[emoji38][emoji38] Just give us what we ordered and let us live! [emoji12][emoji39]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Have you seen the re-positioning cruise they just announced, from Long Beach to Singapore? 24 days with (I think) 18 sea days! Just think of all the naps you could fit in then!

I haven’t seen that one yet, but I got all warm and tingly just reading your reply! 18 nap days would be wonderful! I prolly wouldn’t come back after that. 🤤[emoji42][emoji42][emoji42]

Love these pictures:hearteyes:

In PA it's still been fairly recent that you can buy beer and wine in grocery stores, and mine has to actually swipe the driver's license - I can't imagine self-checkout of alcohol:eek:. The state run wine and spirit shops didn't even look at my license though:o so I guess different rules.

PA sounds like GA. We’ve only been able to purchase beer and wine on Sundays for a few years. It’s still restricted to certain hours tho. [emoji849]

Before I fell asleep, I sent up a prayer to God for the life and limbs of the crew member who delivered W's Room Service food. The way that tray was barren looking, and the napkins were shredded, caused me to be concerned about the possibility of that poor innocent person losing a finger or an elbow, had they held on to that tray a split second too long. I prayed that they did not draw back a nub, and that no blood was shed in 1209, cuz they took too long to hand over some hot wings and fries. Let the church say amen! #Godcares

DYING!!

Seriously, that would have been my prayer with my DH as well. Man acts like I don't feed his skinny little self. lol

Also, when you took the pictures of the pastries around the time you were by the Havana Club, were those free or paid?

On port days, is Guy's not open for lunch? What about Capitano?

PA sounds like GA. We’ve only been able to purchase beer and wine on Sundays for a few years. It’s still restricted to certain hours tho. [emoji849]

And in NH, where the motto is "Live Free or Die", beer and wine are sold at the grocery stores, gas stations, drug store (Walgreens, Rite Aid, CVS, etc), and convenience stores and has been since forever. We have state-run liquor and wine outlets which are open 362 days a year - only closed on what my friend refers to as the 'Jesus holidays' - Christmas, Easter, and Thanksgiving. I clarified for him that Thanksgiving is not a 'Jesus holiday' LOL

I work at one of the stores as a second job on the weekends and we regularly have people standing outside waiting to get in at 9 am. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I went down to 1209 to get my bag. When I came back, I didn't want to wake him, so I sat close to him on a lounger. I closed my eyes for about an hour until I got the notification for Tea Time. I looked back and when I didn't see W, I sent him a chat message in the app. He replied that he was on his way to Tea Time, and for me to meet him there. He didn't see me in the lounger in front of him, so he went to eat. As usual.

AC and V were already there when we arrived at Tea Time, so we sat with them. We saw our dinner server Mirjana and she hooked us up by bringing the whole dessert cart to our table. We chose quickly cuz we were kinda monopolizing her time. The Tea Time desserts were the Peach Crumble, Chocolate Cake, Scone, Coffee Macarons, Orange Cake, and a Fruit Tart. I wanted to purchase one of the better teas, but no one ever brought the box to our table. We loved everything that we had on our plates. The servers were very nice. They even went to find something special for a lady at our table who couldn't eat gluten.

41749902772_f95eb1781e_z.jpg

40892724655_b5dc9e3e2c_z.jpg

41074951594_b8e7d3342a_z.jpg

27923450448_93dcf6d2a2_z.jpg

41791583971_40f8c57a79_z.jpg

Oh my gosh thank you SO much for posting pics from Tea Time. I've been trying to make it to Tea Time but always miss it and wondered how it was. Definitely going to make it my business to make it next month on Vista :D

Naples/Pompeii

W and I slept very well. In fact we slept so well that we missed our excursion. Yep missed it. My phone powered off sometime that night, and my alarms never went off. When we woke up, I actually thought we were not docked. Missed that too. At least we’re consistent. The only thing that made me get up and check the time, was the strange feeling that I was very rested and ready. Unusual. I don’t ever like to wake up early. Not even in Italy!

When we got out of bed, it was 9:44. Our excursion left at 8. We felt like Dumb and Dumber (and rubbish). Since panicking is not in our DNA, we started looking at our options. We grabbed the excursion booklet to see if there were other tours leaving. There were, in fact, our exact same tour was departing again at 1. W showered and dressed first.Then he grabbed our tickets, and went to the Shore Excursion desk to see if they would exchange them. Welp, of course the Shore Excursion desk was closed. On the way back, W ran into Frank, our Stateroom Steward. W casually mentioned our dilemma because Frank asked why we were still there. He then suggested that W go to Guest Services, and ask if they would help. W came back to tell me that he was going there, and to meet him on Lido for breakfast. I took my time showering and getting ready, cuz late risers breakfast didn't end until 12. We were indeed late risers. I also sent up a quick prayer to The Big Guy upstairs asking for grace for our huge faux pas. If we ever needed a miracle, it was today! We were fully prepared to take an L for the day tho, since we were to blame. When I met W for breakfast, he had new excursion tickets for a tour that started at 11:20. After he explained our dilemma, Guest Services refunded the tour that we missed, and booked us for another one. This actually saved us $100 cuz the second tour was way cheaper. Man, the Big Guy really came thru for us this time! I'm gonna have to do better with my "before sleep" prayers. We exhaled from relief, then quickly inhaled our breakfast. We had to keep it moving, so we didn't miss the bus again! I didn't take a picture of my food, because it was pretty much the same as I had the day before. Basic.

On the way back to the cabin, we walked outside and it was nice and warm out, and the high for the day would be 75. We were happy that we could leave the jackets in the cabin. We saw Frank in the hall, and we thanked him so much for the advice. He helped pull our butts out of a mess! Since we had everything ready to go, we just grabbed our bags and walked out. We met our guide right as we got off of the ship, and she led us to the shuttle bus out front. We handed over our tickets, then boarded.

Pompeii is about 40 minutes from the port, and we settled in for the long ride. Right before we departed, a guy in front of us started crunching on some chips really loud, with his mouth wide open. I wanted so bad to tap him and say: "Sorry sir, but there’s no crunching allowed on this bus". Soon after that, a young man in the back of the bus was telling his travel story so that everyone on the bus could hear it. Why must people chew and talk so noisily? Everyone on the bus DOES NOT want to hear you eat or talk. I keep ear buds in every bag that I own, specifically for times like these. Beyoncé take me away! Carry on.

The bus ride went by quickly after Beyoncé bailed me out. Thanks Queen Bey. There’s not a whole lot of scenery to look at on the way tho. When we got up to Pompeii, we filed out of the bus, and were led over to the ticket booth. Part of our punishment for missing our excursion, was that we had to purchase our entrance tickets ourselves. The line was long and hot. They only took cash, no card. Every now and then tour guides would approach the people in line offering tickets and tour packages. When they got enough people to agree to their terms, they would take the group to the front of the line where they were given priority treatment. Every time a group went up, the line came to a completes tandstill while they got their tickets. It was a little crazy, but definitely not worth us paying the extra money to skip the line. We were in line maybe 20 minutes.

26970367627_81c48d3233_z.jpg

40032126610_6566b553af_z.jpg

41122161094_c582598b9b_z.jpg

41796641092_744ee9061b_z.jpg

40940133815_bc95c71376_z.jpg

40032117990_346f9f8fd3_z.jpg

Once we got our tickets, W got a free map so that we could pick out the spots we wanted to see. Our guide gave us 2 hours to see Pompeii, which to us, was enough. We walked through the theater first then back towards the Colosseum. It was neat to see the “streets” which were rocky and tricky. You have to look down while walking, or you could end up a victim. Stay woke fam!

26970356327_af0404c747_z.jpg

41838929421_4393c9e66f_z.jpg

41838928031_6b38457529_z.jpg

27970128818_736286f325_z.jpg

41796636262_935499194d_z.jpg

41122151584_d8c6a74a54_z.jpg

There were lots of groups touring that day, and sometimes space was limited. After we saw everything that we wanted to see, we walked back towards the entrance/exit. Both of us needed to “go” so we went to the restrooms at the front by the ticket office. They were ok. Not the best, but definitely not the worst that we’ve seen either.

26970306287_96002ee0f9_z.jpg

The tour included a teaspoon of free limoncello at the end, so we went to the stand to get it. There are tables and stands setup outside the gates where merchants are selling all sorts of goods. There are also some restaurants and shops along the street. We really wanted to eat Pizza in Naples, so we waited until we got back to the city to eat. At the designated time, our tour guide met us, collected our return tickets, then led us back over to board our bus. There is a big bus parking lot across the street where all of the buses park. It was kinda cool to see the buses whipping in and out of their parking spaces. These guys are really pros! I would hit all the things, if that was me driving.

41122101694_2309f327b2_z.jpg

41796586112_cddf8236cc_z.jpg

27970083258_d0ace85b58_z.jpg

41122096564_2a9778311f_z.jpg

27858736548_e4b424a0a7_z.jpg

The ride back was shorter, at about 30 minutes. When we got back, we asked the guide the best way to get out of the port. She showed us a walkway, and directed us to where there were restaurants across the street. We had to go past the castle then turn right. Naples was more pedestrian friendly, and it wasn't hard to walk out of the port.

27970083208_2373149b7e_z.jpg

41796585492_32ccbac532_z.jpg

40828637485_35a3c23907_z.jpg

41796583992_914c50f5f1_z.jpg

There were several pizzerias along this road. We just picked one. It was surprising to see how inexpensive everything was. We had 2 pizzas, W had a Diet Coke, and I had a Limoncello with Sprite, all for less than 20 Euros. The pizza was everything I thought it would be, and then some more. God didn't rush, He took his time on this recipe. The ingredients were hand grown, and sent down from heaven's garden ya'll. I will be dreaming about this pizza for months to come!

W felt like we needed more Euros, therefor that was our next destination. There was an ATM right across from the pizzeria where we ate. After he got more money, we walked back across to the port and boarded the ship. There are lots of shops in the port building also, but we didn't stop anymore. That pizza was all that I needed.

40940076255_ef948c7391_z.jpg

40940078835_a648e772b8_z.jpg

41838857151_4b4bfb41fd_z.jpg

41838856891_0cf4200cc5_z.jpg

41838855971_890e689d1e_z.jpg

41796575982_acdb800140_z.jpg