Dawn family suite windows

puli

I have recently heard that the foggy window problem on the family suites on deck 12 were not repaired during the major dry dock. Can this be confirmed? We are booked in 12010 in December and this is one of those suites that previously definitely had that problem.

I have recently heard that the foggy window problem on the family suites on deck 12 were not repaired during the major dry dock. Can this be confirmed? We are booked in 12010 in December and this is one of those suites that previously definitely had that problem.

Sorry to say this, but the windows in 12010 (where our friends were staying) were foggy from July 1-8.

Do you know the numbers for any other family suites that are foggy. I'm most interested in 12016 and 12516. :(

If they are foggy, it means the seals have blown and it is NOT an easy fix. The entire window must be replaced which likely would only occur during a drydock since they would probably need to be craned into position.

If they are foggy, it means the seals have blown and it is NOT an easy fix. The entire window must be replaced which likely would only occur during a drydock since they would probably need to be craned into position.

the ship just came out of an extensive drydock and we were told last year by the hotel director that window issues in the deck 12 suites would be addressed. The Deluxe owners suites not only fogged up bu leaked terribly. Hopefully, that is taken care of.

oh dear, I was afraid of this. why they were not fixed during the prolonged dry dock is really a mystery.

I do not remember the other cabin numbers but at least 3 others were mentioned.

Does anyone know who to contact to see if they will be repaired later. I am really thinking of cancelling the cruise. At this point there are no other suites available but even if there were, how do you know which ones have the foggy windows. I knew there were some before we booked but that was last year and supposedly they would be replaced during this past dry dock.

I am definitely not a happy camper!!!

Sorry to say this, but the windows in 12010 (where our friends were staying) were foggy from July 1-8.

I just read your report where you mentioned this, so must ask: were all the windows foggy or just a few ?(reaching for straws here i know).

We have sailed on a sister ship in this type of suite and there was at lest one clear window section ....so hoping that 12010 has at least a micro view...it does not have a balcony so a completely foggy view could be a deal breaker...and it is the Christmas cruise to boot so not cheap and no vacant suites left.

I've stayed in both rooms on the Dawn 12010 in 2014 first cruise ever and 12016 last year.If I remember right there's 4 panels in each room,12010 had at least 2 fogged up windows,don't think it was as bad in 12016.The view is still really good,no need to get stressed about it.I'd be more worried about getting a good butler,lol.

There was talk and someone mentioned the windows on 12 would be addressed during the recent drydock with even mention of a crane replacing windows (maybe even a pic??). This is the second post drydock mention of still problems with the windows which has been going on for years.

the ship just came out of an extensive drydock and we were told last year by the hotel director that window issues in the deck 12 suites would be addressed. The Deluxe owners suites not only fogged up bu leaked terribly. Hopefully, that is taken care of.

When I was in one of the DOS suites 12052 in 2013, I noticed small cracks in the upper part of the windows. I mentioned it to Guest Services, but I don't know if anything was done about it.

We were in DOS 12500 the last cruise before the dry dock, they windows fogged up a bit, but not enough to ruin the view.

We were in family suite 12032 (family suite with no balcony) in Nov 2015 and don't remember any fogging....

I've stayed in both rooms on the Dawn 12010 in 2014 first cruise ever and 12016 last year.If I remember right there's 4 panels in each room,12010 had at least 2 fogged up windows,don't think it was as bad in 12016.The view is still really good,no need to get stressed about it.I'd be more worried about getting a good butler,lol.

I was hoping the window issue would have been addressed also, we're in 12016 in January. Oh well.

I just read your report where you mentioned this, so must ask: were all the windows foggy or just a few ?(reaching for straws here i know).

We have sailed on a sister ship in this type of suite and there was at lest one clear window section ....so hoping that 12010 has at least a micro view...it does not have a balcony so a completely foggy view could be a deal breaker...and it is the Christmas cruise to boot so not cheap and no vacant suites left.

Just asked my friend about the windows in 12010. She said they were all foggy with condensation, and it seemed to get worse as the week went on. Attached is a photo

13734830_10153665908791717_1545750980_n.jpg.f2bd77c8d8f7464d3eaff0572fb0611b.jpg

Edited by rchampagne

Just asked my friend about the windows in 12010. She said they were all foggy with condensation, and it seemed to get worst as the week went on. Attached is a photo

And for comparison, here were our windows in 12008 (attached).

IMG_20160701_165331.jpg.9f2162429bcf504484b0ce9ad3735df4.jpg

When I was in one of the DOS suites 12052 in 2013, I noticed small cracks in the upper part of the windows. I mentioned it to Guest Services, but I don't know if anything was done about it.

They had (have?) the same issues on the Star. We didn't see cracks but upon entering the room one of the first things the butler did was apologize for the fogged windows (4 as I recall) and acting like it had just happened and that they would be fixing those in the near future. From others who reported, that didn't happen anytime soon thereafter.

I just got off the phone with NCL....first call was to reservations where I was told all the foggy family suite windows on the Dawn were replaced...BUT in case that did not happen to call guest relations to see if they could confirm it.

Second call was to Guest Relations but they will only deal with this issue AFTER you have sailed and you had such an experience.

"Catch 22" is alive and well!!!!!

anyone know where there would be a list of cabins with the dreaded "Family Suite foggy windows" on NCL ships ?

I am in 12516 October

Hope my room has clear Windows

If not I will be very upset

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Be prepared for the worst, as I just saw a user post a foggy window photo on Facebook. When I asked him what cabin it was, he replied: "12010. I was in 12516 last year. Same thing. Saw 12516 last Friday. No change."