HMC Lobster Shack

1ANGELCAT

Can you share the link -not familiar with the "facts" site. Thanks.

We just back from Zuiderdam PC cruise. Lobster Shack open on HMC. $20 for Caribbean Lobster and coconut rice/beans. Didn't go as DH not lobster fan. Only item available per card put out in Lido that morning.

I couldn't find it on the site. Is it posted, or just submitted? Under General Info?

It will be under General Info.

Just emailed to them. May not be posted yet. Hal( facts). (Com)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks so much:). I'll head to the email (I normally check it in the morning) and get it up. :). Just me right now as lucky 0bnxshs is on the P'dam on the Amazon ;).

I also went looking for it and couldn't find anything about the Lobster Shack.

It's there now :). The pics are small but there will be more added shortly - I have faith in a couple of CC members :)

Thanks to 1Angelcat for sharing and to Kazu for keeping things updated - I love that we have a dedicated resource for all of this "DAM" info :p I can't tell you how often I refer to it, but it's at least daily, sometimes multiple times a day. Depends on how many "DAM" cruises I am selling :D:D:D

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72

Actually, the price may be $20, 21.50, $22 or $22.95. We were there on a b2b. The signs on the shack said $22 the first week, $20 the second week. The daily planer listed it as $22.95 and we were billed $21.50.

So the sign should read $20ish! :)

Edited by TrolleyGirl

Actually, the price may be $20, 21.50, $22 or $22.95. We were there on a b2b. The signs on the shack said $22 the first week, $20 the second week. The daily planer listed it as $22.95 and we were billed $21.50.

Did you like it?

Did you like it?

Here is a small review I did on a prior post. If it were priced at $12-$15 I would have lunch from there again, but not at $20ish.

We were on the 11/19 Eurodam b2b sailing. My DH, a friend and I ate at the Lobster shack on our first stop at HMC. The shack is rather small it seats approximately 13 and this is the expanded version. According to a F&B trainer, they quickly realized after building the shack it need some modifications. The bar was extended and additional 3 feet and a cover was added over the grill station.

Before sailing I read an article on CC that the meal would be priced at $20, however when we arrived the price on the sign was $22. The meal includes one lobster tail grilled, a pineapple salsa, rice & beans, and a tomato salsa. (Funny side note on the rice and beans - in the 3 meals we ordered I don't believe we found 12 beans in total. So I think the dish should just be listed as rice). The meal was good although the lobster was a bit chewy and tough. Being a Midwesterner, and not familiar with all things lobster, I don't know if the toughness was due to cooking procedures or the type of lobster. Particularly challenging aspects of the meal were the chairs and especially the utensils!! The chairs around the bars are Adirondack style chairs so you slouch back in them and it is very difficult to sit up at the bar without perching on the edge of the chair. But especially challenging are the utensils you are given to use. We received a small flat fork made of balsa wood and a wood wedge shape chisel knife. The fork was maybe a 1/2 wide and I quickly set that aside deeming it useless. The wedge shaped knife could somewhat function as a scoop. But in the end fingers became the best utensil for the lobster.

Since we were on a b2b cruise I noticed the second time we were at HMC the signs now said the meal was $20, however this time it was listed in the daily planner at a price of $22.95.

Our charge finally showed up on our room charges on the last night of our sailing 7 days after we had eaten at the Lobster Shack. We were billed $21.50 each. So I think HAL is still testing the waters at what their price point should be.

Thanks for info. You guys had me wondering if I was senile or not as I swear the card put out in Lido on Zuiderdam on 12/1 visit said $20. Meant to take picture but forgot. Apparently they haven't really decided what the price will be.

Jane

OK. Not senile yet. Just dug out "On Location" from our 12/1 visit. Lobster Shack was $20 +VAT. So with Value Added Tax for Bahamas probably makes it $21.50 or $22 or so. Assume that is the difference in prices show. Above picture shows $22 but no VAT mentioned.

Jane

I wish they would have done something a little more "beach friendly" I checked it out when I was there last week and it's a full plated meal. I would have happily bought a lobster roll/sandwich/wrap etc..to eat on my beach chair and to avoid going to the bbq buffet but had no interest in a fork and knife plated meal. I heard that when carnival is there the menu is different. I think the $22 is too expensive of a price point for lunch in your opinion