Carnival Glory Reposioning to New Orlens in 2019

jedi bobs

Breeze moving to Corpus Christi. I heard it from a guy that knows a guy that's a brother of a guy that is a cousin of a steward on Harmony of the Seas.

I think the only thing that is certain for Carnival is that new ships will do a short stint in Europe, and then maybe a few weeks in New York long enough for a few media stints with a famous person or two, and then the new ship will settle in Miami.

Isn't that the Carnival routine?

Then it must be true!

In all seriousness, I’d love to see NOLA get a third ship or a Dream replacement

They may try to counter the move NCL is making next winter of sending Breakaway to New Orleans. Honestly though, I would expect Canaveral to get a Vista class ship before New Orleans. Just my opinion, no facts to back it up, lol.

I think the only thing that is certain for Carnival is that new ships will do a short stint in Europe, and then maybe a few weeks in New York long enough for a few media stints with a famous person or two, and then the new ship will settle in Miami.

Isn't that the Carnival routine?

Wonder if that new ship coming out late in the year will force them to change their routine? It won't be coming out in spring like Vista did and Horizon will...

They may try to counter the move NCL is making next winter of sending Breakaway to New Orleans. Honestly though, I would expect Canaveral to get a Vista class ship before New Orleans. Just my opinion, no facts to back it up, lol.

I just saw that about the breakaway today. It may be the first non-carnival ship I seriously consider.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yeah you’re probably right! They get them first.

Here’s my guess of what the Dream/Vista classes do by 2020-

Vista 3 - Miami

Horizon - Galveston

Vista - Port Canaveral

Magic - New Orleans

Breeze - Port Canaveral

Dream - Miami

Of course, no reasoning behind it besides NOLA gets the oldest usually.

Also, it seems Carnival has reacted to NCL in at least a small way. They added Costa Maya from NOLA to some of the sailings

Vista 3 taking over Dream from New Orleans in november 2019? Or Vista to New Orleans and Vista 3 to Galveston?

Horizon to New Orleans and Vista 3 to Miami?

I hope one of those options will happen!!

I’m not sure why anyone would hope for a Vista Class ship vs a Dream Class ship. Personally, unless there are some great deals on Havana Cabins, I’m not goin when Vista comes to Galveston. Given Carnival too much of my money to be treated as a 2nd class passenger.

Carnival, and all of the major lines for that matter, are finding themselves with a glut of ships in their fleets. The used cruise ship market is nearly dead, right now. They're all keeping their older ships in their fleets for much longer than they have in the past. They will either have to create new home ports, or start piling on multiple ships in the existing ports. It will be interesting to see how they handle this.

Carnival, and all of the major lines for that matter, are finding themselves with a glut of ships in their fleets. The used cruise ship market is nearly dead, right now. They're all keeping their older ships in their fleets for much longer than they have in the past. They will either have to create new home ports, or start piling on multiple ships in the existing ports. It will be interesting to see how they handle this.

Arnold Donald, Carnival CEO doesn't seem to agree with you. Just this month at the ABTA Convention he said the cruise industry is capacity restrained because the shipyards cannot build ships fast enough to keep up with the global growth of the industry. He said this could lead to an increase in fares until the shipyards can grow to keep up. I think this explains exactly why Carnival is keeping ships longer and keeps pumping millions into renovating them.

Arnold Donald, Carnival CEO doesn't seem to agree with you. Just this month at the ABTA Convention he said the cruise industry is capacity restrained because the shipyards cannot build ships fast enough to keep up with the global growth of the industry. He said this could lead to an increase in fares until the shipyards can grow to keep up. I think this explains exactly why Carnival is keeping ships longer and keeps pumping millions into renovating them.

Much higher prices will be welcome in the industry. They are long overdue.

The GLORY is doing a Journey 2/16/19

Day Port of Call Arrival Time Depart Time

Sat Miami, FL 06:00 PM

Sun Fun Day At Sea

Mon Fun Day At Sea

Tue St. Croix 08:00 AM 05:00 PM

Wed Guadeloupe, Fwi 08:00 AM 05:00 PM

Thu Barbados 08:00 AM 05:00 PM

Fri Martinique 08:00 AM 05:00 PM

Sat Antigua 08:00 AM 05:00 PM

Sun St. Maarten, NA 08:00 AM 05:00 PM

Mon Tortola, British Virgin Islands 08:00 AM 05:00 PM

Tue Fun Day At Sea

Wed Fun Day At Sea

Thu Miami, FL 08:00 AM

The GLORY is doing a Journey 2/16/19

Day Port of Call Arrival Time Depart Time

Sat Miami, FL 06:00 PM

Sun Fun Day At Sea

Mon Fun Day At Sea

Tue St. Croix 08:00 AM 05:00 PM

Wed Guadeloupe, Fwi 08:00 AM 05:00 PM

Thu Barbados 08:00 AM 05:00 PM

Fri Martinique 08:00 AM 05:00 PM

Sat Antigua 08:00 AM 05:00 PM

Sun St. Maarten, NA 08:00 AM 05:00 PM

Mon Tortola, British Virgin Islands 08:00 AM 05:00 PM

Tue Fun Day At Sea

Wed Fun Day At Sea

Thu Miami, FL 08:00 AM

That was the day we were supposed to sail on the Glory to eastern Caribbean. Just rebooked for same week on Conquest for 8 days and they gave us the same cabin class. Win win for us!!

On the East Coast the pretty much have six hour driving radi over lapping from NY to Miami. With the exception of Boston there no port that makes it worth anyone’s while to pay enough to offset the cost of a new drive to port.

On the Gulf, Tampa, Mobile, NOLa, and Galveston overlap similarly. Maybe Brownsville, TX as that would open up some new warm water destinations for the 7 day market.

The west coast has more opportunity, but the market still is not there and destinations are limited.

There is an interesting dynamic going on right now with airfare: the international Market is much more competitive than the domestic market, if I was going to get on a plane to cruise, Most would probably do Europe instead on any new port off shore to the Caribbean or MX West Coast.

The 7 day market is the golden goose in the US as most of us think of vacations in 7-9 day blocks. So I’d look for more ships in the newer ports. Newest ships on 7 days, medium aged on 6-8 days and oldest on 5 days or less.

I booked on the Triumph for April 18, 2019 during a special and paid a $250 deposit. Received notification that we were being transferred to the Glory which was great since this would have been our 4th booking on the Triumph. Then I received an invoice stating we needed to pay an additional $450 deposit within 3 days to keep the booking. Contacted Carnival and they said they would look at it and get back to me. In the meantime, they cancelled the booking. Now trying to get my original deposit back...

I booked on the Triumph for April 18, 2019 during a special and paid a $250 deposit. Received notification that we were being transferred to the Glory which was great since this would have been our 4th booking on the Triumph. Then I received an invoice stating we needed to pay an additional $450 deposit within 3 days to keep the booking. Contacted Carnival and they said they would look at it and get back to me. In the meantime, they cancelled the booking. Now trying to get my original deposit back...

That stinks! If they're going to change ships on people who have already booked they should honor the price/deposit they were booked under.

For what it's worth.... on Grand Cayman's port website you can look at the ship schedule way out. If you look into early past the schedule Carnival has released you will start seeing both Glory and Conquest starting to show up there on Mondays. Neither does that currently. If you go into early 2020 Dream no longer comes in every other Thursday but Triumph starts coming in every Thursday. And Freedom stops coming in every other week like she does now. Just throwing that out there, hard to tell what to make of it all.

Glory currently goes to Grand Cayman on Mondays. I just got off that itinerary last week.

On the East Coast the pretty much have six hour driving radi over lapping from NY to Miami. With the exception of Boston there no port that makes it worth anyone’s while to pay enough to offset the cost of a new drive to port.

On the Gulf, Tampa, Mobile, NOLa, and Galveston overlap similarly. Maybe Brownsville, TX as that would open up some new warm water destinations for the 7 day market.

The west coast has more opportunity, but the market still is not there and destinations are limited.

There is an interesting dynamic going on right now with airfare: the international Market is much more competitive than the domestic market, if I was going to get on a plane to cruise, Most would probably do Europe instead on any new port off shore to the Caribbean or MX West Coast.

The 7 day market is the golden goose in the US as most of us think of vacations in 7-9 day blocks. So I’d look for more ships in the newer ports. Newest ships on 7 days, medium aged on 6-8 days and oldest on 5 days or less.

I'd have to look at the numbers, but you think Brownsville departures could have any different itineraries with a 7 day cruise? I think it's still pretty far west.