Balcony versus Jr.Suite on Independence

starlake

I have a balcony on the hump already booked. A junior suite is approximately $230 more. The Jr. Suite would be partially obstructed on the back of the ship, or between hump and front of the ship. I can't decide if it is worth it.

What would you all do???

We like both the hump location and JS's - so a little bit of a tough call. If the $230 is total ($115 pp) then from a dollar and cents perspective, I think the cost is worth the extra space, bigger balcony, bigger bath with a tub, double C & A point, etc., and would probably take it. If it is on deck 10 aft, then the superstructure obstruction is the least on that deck. We also like aft locations, so if that is the case we would definitely take it.

I have wanted a JS for a long time. My last two cruises plus my next one in a couple weeks we have had Indy and Freedom balcony hump cabins decks 6&7. For $230 I would do it. Normally there is at least a $1,000 difference between the two cabins. However, for me, it would depend on location. I have vertigo issues and would need midship so that means deck 9. I would love a JS on Oasis or Harmony on deck 7 or 8 to he just a deck lower or two. Go for it if you like the location!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have a balcony on the hump already booked. A junior suite is approximately $230 more. The Jr. Suite would be partially obstructed on the back of the ship, or between hump and front of the ship. I can't decide if it is worth it.

What would you all do???

How long is the cruise?

Five Days

So not quite as good of a value as it would be on a 7-night, but it still seems like a relatively good deal - depending on what your current stateroom rate is in terms of total cost with the upgrade and your overall budget. At $46 / day I would still consider it, but only you can decide that.

I’ve stayed in both, and the js is definitely better! Walk in closet and full bathtub instead of the cramped shower are probably the biggest pros, along with double C&A points and priority embarkation. Unfortunately you don’t have full suite benefits, but for that small increase I would probably take it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk