CRAWFISH ÉTOUFFÉE or GUMBO?

Kingofcool1947

In all fairness - is it really reasonable to expect any cruise ship to have truly authentic Chinese, Japanese, Mexican, Italian, French, Creole, Spanish, Indian, Vietnamese, Hungarian, German, etc, etc food to come from the same kitchen?

We settle for what they do well - and there is plenty of that - and stay away from things we don't like as much.

Edited by Paulchili

Paul;

I agree with you 100%. However, if a cruise line touts itself as the best food at sea, then I believe that line should either (a) attempt to replicate the true flavors or character of the authentic dish; or (b) not offer the dish at all.

IMO only, serving a bland edition of a typically spicy full dish should not be an option considered. Do it right, or don’t don’t do it. There are plenty of options available , no one goes hungry for sure! Just prefer the option of knowing that the chefs have the same opinion, and if we choose a dish some semblance of authenticity will be present.

Paul;

I agree with you 100%. However, if a cruise line touts itself as the best food at sea, then I believe that line should either (a) attempt to replicate the true flavors or character of the authentic dish; or (b) not offer the dish at all.

IMO only, serving a bland edition of a typically spicy full dish should not be an option considered. Do it right, or don’t don’t do it. There are plenty of options available , no one goes hungry for sure! Just prefer the option of knowing that the chefs have the same opinion, and if we choose a dish some semblance of authenticity will be present.

We’ve been through this before. Don’t make tomato soup and call it gazpacho!

We’ve been had! Take a look at the OPquestion on the Cunard board.....

+1, doesn't seem like a legitimate inquiry given the OP's posting history, i.e. "does HAL serve Country Fried Steak?" and "Does Cunard serve Southern Fried Chicken?".

Somebody appears to be pulling somebodies chain :halo:

+1, doesn't seem like a legitimate inquiry given the OP's posting history, i.e. "does HAL serve Country Fried Steak?" and "Does Cunard serve Southern Fried Chicken?".

Somebody appears to be pulling somebodies chain :halo:

And the OP posts the same questions on the HAL board.

OP here. To respond why I posted the same basic questions about whether comfort type food is offered on HAL and Cunard forums; I enjoy comfort food once in awhile. :)

DW and I are booked on Sirena to 7 day Cuba cruise sailing next May. I hate the same old boring meat and potatoes kind of cuisine. And, I’ve heard so much about how great and the variety the cusine is on Oceania. Hence my first booking with Oceania. I hope the cuisine, and attitude of PAXS doesn’t disappoint.

Re: HAL and Cunard.

As loyal Princess PAXS we were wanting to try a different cruise line to see if there is a difference. I was interested in exploring what cuisine being offered on those cruise lines that make them stand out, and make them a cut above Princess. Cusine and attitude of those PAXS. I got my answers.

FWIW, DW and I are going to continue to be loyal to Princess. Unless we see an interesting itinerary on another cruise line not offered by Princess.

So, pass on HAL, and pass on Cunard, for many reasons beside cuisine.

Enjoy your cruise whatever cruise line you favor.

Thank you.

OP here. Hopes this satisfies your curiosity and suspicions..

I wanted respond why I posted the same basic questions about whether comfort type food is offered on HAL and Cunard forums; I enjoy comfort food once in awhile. :)

DW and I are booked on Sirena to 7 day Cuba cruise sailing next May. I hate the same old boring meat and potatoes kind of cuisine. And, I’ve heard so much about how great and the variety the cusine is on Oceania. Hence my first booking with Oceania. I hope the cuisine, and attitude of PAXS doesn’t disappoint.

As loyal Princess PAXS we were wanting to try a different cruise line to see if there is a difference. I was interested in exploring what cuisine being offered on those cruise lines that make them stand out, and make them a cut above Princess. Cusine and attitudes of those HAL, Cunard, and Oceania Cruise Critic PAXS who posted responses to my questions about whether comfort type food is offered. I got my answers.

FWIW, DW and will continue to be loyal Princess PAXS. Unless we see an interesting itinerary on another cruise line not offered by Princess.

So, pass on HAL, and pass on Cunard, for many reasons beside cuisine. Maybe look at sailing on Oceania again if we like our Cubs cruise. Definitely look at Viking, and RCCL for future cruises. :)

Thank you.

Edited by Kingofcool1947

OP here. Hopes this satisfies your curiosity and suspicions..

I wanted respond why I posted the same basic questions about whether comfort type food is offered on HAL and Cunard forums; I enjoy comfort food once in awhile. :)

As loyal Princess PAXS we were wanting to try a different cruise line to see if there is a difference. I was interested in exploring what cuisine being offered on those cruise lines that make them stand out, and make them a cut above Princess. Cusine and attitudes of those HAL, Cunard, and Oceania Cruise Critic PAXS who posted responses to my questions about whether comfort type food is offered. I got my answers.

FWIW, DW and will continue to be loyal Princess PAXS. Unless we see an interesting itinerary on another cruise line not offered by Princess.

So, pass on HAL, and pass on Cunard, for many reasons beside cuisine. Maybe look at sailing on Oceania again if we like our Cubs cruise. Definitely look at Viking, and RCCL for future cruises. :)

Thank you.

Sorry, double post by mistake.