How soft are beds on Harmony?

If you've been on Harmony, how would you describe the mattress--from hard to very soft? If hard, are mattress pads or egg crates available? This is a concern for me because on my last RCI cruise on Adventure, the mattress was hard and with a sore hip, it was very uncomfortable. I asked for an egg crate but I never got one, so I had to make do. If the mattress is hard on Harmony, I can take something to cushion the hip.

Thanks in advance for any info!

If you've been on Harmony, how would you describe the mattress--from hard to very soft? If hard, are mattress pads or egg crates available? This is a concern for me because on my last RCI cruise on Adventure, the mattress was hard and with a sore hip, it was very uncomfortable. I asked for an egg crate but I never got one, so I had to make do. If the mattress is hard on Harmony, I can take something to cushion the hip.

Thanks in advance for any info!

I've had 2 hip replacements and need softer bedding. Cabin Steward on our Harmony Nov. cruise added extra mattress covers (4) and it was very comfortable. You've got to ask for them as soon as you meet your steward. They no longer provide egg crates as I was told it's a health hazard concern.

Skip

• 11 months later...

Last month we did an almost back to back on the Allure and then the Harmony. The mattress on the Allure was firm but forgiving. The one on the Harmony was extremely hard in comparison. I asked for additional padding but it didn’t help. I had back and hip problems the whole week. I am a side sleeper. I intend to complain to RC about the Harmony mattress.

Last month we did an almost back to back on the Allure and then the Harmony. The mattress on the Allure was firm but forgiving. The one on the Harmony was extremely hard in comparison. I asked for additional padding but it didn’t help. I had back and hip problems the whole week. I am a side sleeper. I intend to complain to RC about the Harmony mattress.

Year old thread you responding too...

Lol,all relative. They wont make every9ne of the 4500 guests happy. I guess you can complain about everything.