Solarium Bistro on Harmony

Thinking about making reservations for one "night".... would appreciate info on the menu (food) and atmosphere... also is this a sit down venue or buffet, thank you!

It's a combination of sit down and buffet. You sit down first and order your entree from the menu. Upsell items are lamb chops ($10) and real lobster ($20). Then you can get Mediterranean based appetizers from the buffet - things like eggplant parmigian, moussaka, fried squid. You can also make a salad from the buffet and get rolls, soup, and dessert. It's a very quiet subdued casual dining atmosphere.

My wife and I didn't "discover" Solarium Bistro until Wednesday of our Harmony cruise. We liked it so much we ended up going every night the rest of the week. 138East described it very well. We loved it.

Edited by Husky1987

• 2 weeks later...
We dined there one evening on our recent HOTS cruise it was pleasant very quite and intimate.

Preferred having breakfast there which we enjoyed on six occasions the other one day we ate in the MDR.

Also dined and enjoyed lunch there most days.

Can you tell me more about the breakfast there? Buffet? Freshly made eggs or omelets? Why did you prefer it?

We ate there last fall and enjoyed the quiet, relaxed atmosphere. Interesting variety of appetizers and deserts, but we thought the entrees were limited, for my husband's personal taste. Only one steak, and it wasn't a good quality, so not the best place for him to eat. My fish was overcooked, which was really disappointing. No 'sides' come with the entree, so you go up to the buffet to get something else to eat with the entree, while it gets cold (or the sides get cold while you wait for the entree to come). We were presented with a bill that said $.00, which made us think a tip was indicated...... and we certainly received good service from a waiter. Reservations were needed during our cruise. It was pretty much booked up by the 2nd day.

I ate breakfast there several mornings and enjoyed it very much. MUCH less crowded than the Windjammer. Unfortunately, there was not "made to order" eggs or omelets, which was a downside, for me. But, plenty of other food, and I probably ate less rich and high-calorie food than I would have when I go to the WJ. Oatmeal was behind the counter, and you have to ask for it. I kind of enjoyed the selections that I'd only read about in British novels --- grilled tomatoes, mushrooms, beans ( I know --- weird --- but I mixed them together with scrambled eggs and it was something different). The selection isn't as large as the WJ and food seems to be "healthier", but there was plenty to eat and after all the other food options on the cruise, I started to look for some simpler food, like oatmeal. :)

Didn't do lunch

Has there been a recent menu change for supper at the Solarium Bistro on Harmony? Was thinking of doing it one night.

When I look in the cruise planner to make reservations, there is a sample menu listed, but when you click the download menu button, it is a totally different one. Also, it lists dinner time as 11:00 A.M. to 4:00 pm. Maybe it is just the new site that is screwed up. If anyone has a copy of a recent dinner menu, it would be great if you could post it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums