Dining Reservations upper Suites

ronrick1943

Just wondering whether anyone can give a first-hand update on the question of upper suites (Master) getting guaranteed dining reservations at a time and restaurant of choice once onboard. Thanks!

We were in a Grand Suite in February and can confirm we were able to secure a reservation at any restaurant, and day/time we wanted — even if calling day-of. We were able to do this ourselves using the telephone in the suite, although the butler was very eager to handle it for us as well.

We don't have a upper suite so we have two reservations available to us for 12 nights. I keep looking at our cruise and most cabins are still marked available which makes me think our cruise isn't completely booked. Would it be possible for us to be able to get additional reservations or can we walk up and ask if there is availability?

We don't have a upper suite so we have two reservations available to us for 12 nights. I keep looking at our cruise and most cabins are still marked available which makes me think our cruise isn't completely booked. Would it be possible for us to be able to get additional reservations or can we walk up and ask if there is availability?

Often you can get extra reservations and we have on a few of occasions just walked up to the desk at the entrance and been able to get in.

We are new to Regent , so am I understanding that on the Mariner in a Mariner suite for 14 nights that we can only prebook two nights? ( two speciality restaurants?)

We will be a party if 8 possibly even 10,if we want to book extra nights or even the main dining room that the but,Er can pre arrange the extra nights for us?

We are new to Regent , so am I understanding that on the Mariner in a Mariner suite for 14 nights that we can only prebook two nights? ( two speciality restaurants?)

We will be a party if 8 possibly even 10,if we want to book extra nights or even the main dining room that the but,Er can pre arrange the extra nights for us?

Yes - you are correct. Only 1 reservation in each specialty restaurant can be booked in advance. So, that would be 1 reservation in Prime 7 and 1 in Chartreuse (passengers on Explorer can also book 1 night in Pacific Rim).

In terms of extra nights, this should not be an issue once you are onboard the ship (although many passengers like Compass Rose so much that they do not feel the need to dine in P7 or Chartreuse more than once or twice). What is an issue is the number of people in your party. While P7 and Chartreuse may be able to accommodate 8 (maybe only 6) per table, they cannot accommodate 10. So, you will have to sit at different tables. Since. you are in a Mariner suite, you can pre-book dining reservations online 75 days prior to the cruise. I recommend that you make the reservations as soon as they open (midnight - Eastern time).

Here is where it gets a bit complicated. If you want to dine with your party, whomever is booking the dining reservation needs to have the booking numbers for everyone you are booking for. Hopefully your TA regularly books Regent cruises and can tell you for certain the maximum number of people that the specialty restaurants can accommodate at one table. This will certainly help when making the reservations.

In terms of CR (Compass Rose), they should be able to accommodate 10 people but I would suggest dining on the early side to insure that the tables for 10 are not taken. Tables in CR cannot be reserved in advance - it is first come - first served.

So, if you haven't done so already, set up your account on the Regent website and "add" your cruise. This will enable you to see the exact dates that you can book excursions and dining reservations.

One more thing....... I also recommend that people deviate their flights 270 nights before the cruise in order to get the flights that you want (most airlines are contracted with Regent but not all). Since I'm throwing out so many numbers, here is a link to a date calculator https://www.timeanddate.com/date/dateadd.html . Just put in the date of your cruise and subtract 270 days to learn the date you an book plane reservations as this date will not be shown on the Regent website.

Do not want to overload you with information. If you have further questions, one of us on the Regent board will be happy to answer them for you!

Yes - you are correct. Only 1 reservation in each specialty restaurant can be booked in advance. So, that would be 1 reservation in Prime 7 and 1 in Chartreuse (passengers on Explorer can also book 1 night in Pacific Rim).

In terms of extra nights, this should not be an issue once you are onboard the ship (although many passengers like Compass Rose so much that they do not feel the need to dine in P7 or Chartreuse more than once or twice). What is an issue is the number of people in your party. While P7 and Chartreuse may be able to accommodate 8 (maybe only 6) per table, they cannot accommodate 10. So, you will have to sit at different tables. Since. you are in a Mariner suite, you can pre-book dining reservations online 75 days prior to the cruise. I recommend that you make the reservations as soon as they open (midnight - Eastern time).

Here is where it gets a bit complicated. If you want to dine with your party, whomever is booking the dining reservation needs to have the booking numbers for everyone you are booking for. Hopefully your TA regularly books Regent cruises and can tell you for certain the maximum number of people that the specialty restaurants can accommodate at one table. This will certainly help when making the reservations.

In terms of CR (Compass Rose), they should be able to accommodate 10 people but I would suggest dining on the early side to insure that the tables for 10 are not taken. Tables in CR cannot be reserved in advance - it is first come - first served.

So, if you haven't done so already, set up your account on the Regent website and "add" your cruise. This will enable you to see the exact dates that you can book excursions and dining reservations.

One more thing....... I also recommend that people deviate their flights 270 nights before the cruise in order to get the flights that you want (most airlines are contracted with Regent but not all). Since I'm throwing out so many numbers, here is a link to a date calculator https://www.timeanddate.com/date/dateadd.html . Just put in the date of your cruise and subtract 270 days to learn the date you an book plane reservations as this date will not be shown on the Regent website.

Do not want to overload you with information. If you have further questions, one of us on the Regent board will be happy to answer them for you!

Travelcat2 Thank you!

As always you are a wealth of knowledge! We are going in November so have everything else set up, I was not clear on the dining. Do I also understand this to mean that we have to wait in line to get our table in CR? I was hoping that we could just reserve our table for the other nights. I know we have 8 but will keep it at that, will be checking to see if they even do tables that large, if not perhaps we can get two tables next to each other. Thank you again.

Travelcat2 Thank you!

As always you are a wealth of knowledge! We are going in November so have everything else set up, I was not clear on the dining. Do I also understand this to mean that we have to wait in line to get our table in CR? I was hoping that we could just reserve our table for the other nights. I know we have 8 but will keep it at that, will be checking to see if they even do tables that large, if not perhaps we can get two tables next to each other. Thank you again.

Hi again - you will only have to wait for a table if CR is busy. The busiest nights in CR is right after the Captain's Reception (usually the 2nd night) and the night of the Captain's Farewell (usually the 2nd to the last night). There is one more night - the night of the Seven Seas Society party. After these events, 300-400 people go directly to CR and there is a long line. These may be good nights to book a specialty restaurant. On the other hand, CR has Miso Glazed Sea Bass (one of their best dishes) on the night of the Seven Seas Society party.

I'm sure that there are tables for 8 in CR and am pretty sure that they have them in the specialty restaurants.

By the way, you are staying in one of our favorite suites. The Mariner suite has a wall of windows that is wonderful ..... a perfect place for you to have your friends in for cocktails before dinner.

Since. you are in a Mariner suite, you can pre-book dining reservations online 75 days prior to the cruise. I recommend that you make the reservations as soon as they open (midnight - Eastern time).

90 not 75 I think? or have things changed

90 not 75 I think? or have things changed

I seem to get my days wrong too often. I mix up the dates for the "Concierge Amenities" and for passengers not in a concierge or above suite. Thank you for catching that error. :D While double checking the website, I decided to post the section to pertains to pre-booking reservations online -- hoping that it will help!

HOW DO I PRE-BOOK DINING RESERVATIONS ONLINE?

Dining reservations may be reserved online beginning 75 days before your cruise sails, or 90 days for guests eligible for our Concierge Amenities, at Midnight Eastern US Time. To do so, please create an account via the My Account section of our website and access the Dining Reservations link for your cruise via your Booked Cruises.

Guests may pre-book one dinner reservation in Prime 7 on voyages aboard all ships, one dinner reservation in Signatures on voyages aboard Seven Seas Marinerand Seven Seas Voyager, and one dinner reservation in Chartreuse and Pacific Rim on Seven Seas Explorer. Multiple pre-booked reservations in each restaurant are permitted only on Grand Voyages, with one reservation allotted per voyage segment. Guests may contact the Maître D' once onboard to request additional reservations, if available. Compass Rose and Sette Mari At La Veranda do not require reservations.

Hi again - you will only have to wait for a table if CR is busy. The busiest nights in CR is right after the Captain's Reception (usually the 2nd night) and the night of the Captain's Farewell (usually the 2nd to the last night). There is one more night - the night of the Seven Seas Society party. After these events, 300-400 people go directly to CR and there is a long line. These may be good nights to book a specialty restaurant. On the other hand, CR has Miso Glazed Sea Bass (one of their best dishes) on the night of the Seven Seas Society party.

I'm sure that there are tables for 8 in CR and am pretty sure that they have them in the specialty restaurants.

By the way, you are staying in one of our favorite suites. The Mariner suite has a wall of windows that is wonderful ..... a perfect place for you to have your friends in for cocktails before dinner.

Great to hear Jackie! We are starting to get excited!

We just got back from being on the Voyager. We wanted a second night at P7. Only time available was during the fireworks in Monaco. We declined and was put on a waitlist for 3 nights. Never was called back.

Didn't know we could have tried walking up.

I agree CR was very good, but they were so slow. We enjoy a slow dinner but I was starting to wonder if breakfast was going to be served instead of dessert.