Preview and Semi-live Trip Report Freedom Western Caribbean

We are doing this itinerary 11/5/17.Have been to all of these ports and love this ship and all of its' related siblings. As if you could tell from my signature. One of my favorite cruise memories of all times was dinning at the Captain's Table on Freedom's second voyage with Captain Andrews.

That sounds amazing! I'm getting excited.

While exploring my onboard and cruising preferences on the RCI site yesterday, I saw that I could sign waivers in advance for the three main activities on the Freedom.

* Ice Skating

* Flowrider

* Rock climbing wall

I signed them for DH and I.

I also found the online special needs form, and filled it out for DH with his mango dietary allergy. I am not sure anyone will see it in advance, since we usually tell our wait team about it in the MDR, and will in the specialty restaurants we go to this time.

I'm still debating about signing up for the all access tour. We have done the galley tour previously and would love to see the engine room and bridge.

While exploring my onboard and cruising preferences on the RCI site yesterday, I saw that I could sign waivers in advance for the three main activities on the Freedom.

* Ice Skating

* Flowrider

* Rock climbing wall

I signed them for DH and I.

I also found the online special needs form, and filled it out for DH with his mango dietary allergy. I am not sure anyone will see it in advance, since we usually tell our wait team about it in the MDR, and will in the specialty restaurants we go to this time.

I'm still debating about signing up for the all access tour. We have done the galley tour previously and would love to see the engine room and bridge.

Do you have to pay for these any of these activities? I’m pretty sure the answer is no, but I just want to be sure...

Mitchpam

Do you have to pay for these any of these activities? I’m pretty sure the answer is no, but I just want to be sure...

Mitchpam

No extra charge for ice skating, rock wall, and flow rider. If you want flow rider lessons, that would be extra.

Our second port is Costa Maya, and we have booked a beach day with Maya Chan.

Maya Chan is a limited access all inclusive beach day, where each party is assigned a palapa or pergola.

Link

This excursion and day is what I am looking forward to the most.

Thanks for sharing this. We don't arrive until 11:00 on our Costa Maya day. What time do you anticipate that you would get there and then what time would you get back?

Our port time in Costa Maya is 11 - 7. We plan to get off the ship close to 11, walk to the waiting shuttle, and be at Maya Chan within 30 minutes.

I am going to ask to return to the ship at 6, and they will arrange transportation at the correct time.

Our port time in Costa Maya is 11 - 7. We plan to get off the ship close to 11, walk to the waiting shuttle, and be at Maya Chan within 30 minutes.

I am going to ask to return to the ship at 6, and they will arrange transportation at the correct time.

Thank you!

I do not usually use a tripod. I did for the eclipse, but I am usually taking pictures of birds, and it just doesn't work well with a tripod or monopod.

My gallery is here: link

6456920540607883138?icm=false&iso=true

Makes the sharpness of the photo even more impressive.:)

Oh, happy day! Cruise documentation is ready. I've downloaded it and will wait until a week out to print the set sail pass and luggage tags.

We are hoping to keep our packing to two suitcases and a garment bag. I know we will have at least three carry on's with the camera bag, DH' back pack, and my tote with the wine.

One benefit of being able to drive to the port.

We will be doing the jeep tour there. I definitely want to get in viewings of animals with the kids. I'm glad you posted this though- I didn't know there is a blow hole, and great idea about the vanilla- I use it so much that it would be great to buy some here!

Our third port is Cozumel, and we have hired a driver for the day through Tours Plaza. Link

I am an avid photographer, and looking forward to seeing birds, coati, iguanas, and other animals as well as visiting the wild side of Cozumel, seeing a blow hole, and doing some snorkeling. Hiring a driver made that all possible for not a lot of money.

I also plan to buy vanilla at this port to take home.