Onboard Upgrades

Embl

Just wondering if it's cheaper to buy an onboard upgrade rather than purchase a higher category before you leave. Has anybody done this?

On which cruise line? They all have different policies.

Can’t recall a cruise that didn’t say “ship is full” if anyone asked about an upgrade once onboard.

Does not happen on Princess to my knowledge, the deal has to be done pre embarkation. :')

I got sort of an upgrade this morning on the phone to Princess, there was a price drop on my Royal Princess cruise next June, so I managed to trade in our balcony cabin for a mini suite at the original balcony price, plus they threw in a bit more obc and 3 for free promo. No complain.

Edited by NSWP

Does not happen on Princess to my knowledge, the deal has to be done pre embarkation. :')

I got sort of an upgrade this morning on the phone to Princess, there was a price drop on my Royal Princess cruise next June, so I managed to trade in our balcony cabin for a mini suite at the original balcony price, plus they threw in a bit more obc and 3 for free promo. No complain.

Great result Uncle Les.

Great result Uncle Les.

Cheers mate, as the old saying goes 'Never look a Gift Horse in the Mouth.'

I check Princess prices weekly for cruises we are booked on and scored a goal today. Does not happen often.;)

Cheers mate, as the old saying goes 'Never look a Gift Horse in the Mouth.'

I check Princess prices weekly for cruises we are booked on and scored a goal today. Does not happen often.;)

I check weekly too, upto the time I know they won’t drop the price I’ve paid or up the perks.

Last Christmas saved about $700 and grabbed about $300 extra OBC, not too shabby on a 7 night cruise.did I’ve up a steakhouse visit and a bottle of vinegar (sorry I mean cheap plonk).

Excellent work.