Fort Lauderdale Hotel

agnesd

I need a hotel near the port for one nite. Clean and comfortable not too upscale.

We like the Springhill Suites, Dania Beach. Free airport shuttle, free shuttle to the cruise terminals, free breakfast, free internet.

Other ideas can be found on the Florida Departures forum:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

Shippy indeed you are correct , MSC ships do sail out of the Port of Miami . However some airlines do not fly into Miami International Airport . We are from the Pittsburgh area and Southwest Airlines , which offers the best fares and free luggage , only flies into Fort Lauderdale Airport .

Use www dot kayak dot com , you can put in all of the amenities that you need/want, and see what comes up, and even do a map view so you can pick one on the beach, or close to the airport/terminal. We used the Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale and really enjoyed it, it was perfect for our needs and provided transportation to/from the airport and to/from the ship.

We like the Springhill Suites, Dania Beach. Free airport shuttle, free shuttle to the cruise terminals, free breakfast, free internet.

Other ideas can be found on the Florida Departures forum:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

I booked this and did not see on the website how one goes about airport pickup and port shuttles. Thanks it looks like what we need. Did you go to any restaurants nearby?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I booked this and did not see on the website how one goes about airport pickup and port shuttles. Thanks it looks like what we need. Did you go to any restaurants nearby?

You call them from the airport and they send the shuttle. Once you are at the hotel, they will tell you how to sign up for the shuttle to the ship.

We walked to the Ale House, which was pretty good.