Do not be fooled with Tips, Let them Take it Out!!

Last year we were on the Mariner of the Seas loved that ship. We were told to take out the tips before hand, forgot we did that. When it was time to leave the ship we gave an additonal tip money. so the stewards got double then it was the waiter, he got double actually he got triple.

The guy who was serving us at our table the first night we were at a table with 8 we did not like the people so we changed. he asked for tip money that night we gave it again, so we got so confused and gave 3 times. so let them take it out keep a record of it, so you know who you gave to. also if they do not do their jobs you can have them remove the tip off your credit card. or you give it to them at the end. do not be so cheap give them what is rightfully theirs they earned every penny.

Red:confused:

Maybe it's me, but I haven't a clue what you are talking about or what you are trying to say ??

Perhaps I need a drink

I think the poster prepaid their tips, maybe at booking, and then forgot and paid them again???

Last year we were on the Mariner of the Seas loved that ship. We were told to take out the tips before hand, forgot we did that. When it was time to leave the ship we gave an additonal tip money. so the stewards got double then it was the waiter, he got double actually he got triple.

The guy who was serving us at our table the first night we were at a table with 8 we did not like the people so we changed. he asked for tip money that night we gave it again, so we got so confused and gave 3 times. so let them take it out keep a record of it, so you know who you gave to. also if they do not do their jobs you can have them remove the tip off your credit card. or you give it to them at the end. do not be so cheap give them what is rightfully theirs they earned every penny.

Red:confused:

The cruise lines now automatically charge your ship board account with a tipping rate per day per person. You have the option of requesting, at the pursers desk, that they NOT add this to your account. You can then give what you wish to the individuals. We have been told that the individuals still have to put that money into the pot to be shared with all the others on the ship. I believe the exception is for the bar and spa staff.

We would rather give what we feel is deserving, rather than the cruise line dictating. The problem arrises if you prefer to Dine Around rather than having Traditional Seating where you don't have the same waiter/bus boy every night.

Hope this information helps and is correct.

Joan

The cruise lines now automatically charge your ship board account with a tipping rate per day per person. You have the option of requesting, at the pursers desk, that they NOT add this to your account. You can then give what you wish to the individuals. We have been told that the individuals still have to put that money into the pot to be shared with all the others on the ship. I believe the exception is for the bar and spa staff.

We would rather give what we feel is deserving, rather than the cruise line dictating. The problem arrises if you prefer to Dine Around rather than having Traditional Seating where you don't have the same waiter/bus boy every night.

Hope this information helps and is correct.

Joan

RCI only requires you to prepay your tips if you are using My Time Dining. You can prepay your tips if you want to if you have traditional dining but it is not required. If the OP did prepay their tips, they would have received vouchers to hand out to their waitstaff and cabin steward.

The cruise lines now automatically charge your ship board account with a tipping rate per day per person. You have the option of requesting, at the pursers desk, that they NOT add this to your account. Hope this information helps and is correct.

Joan

This is not the case on Royal Carribbean, we sailed 4 months ago and they did not charge our ship board account automatically. No tips were charged to our ship board account. Towards the end of the cruise we received envelopes in our room and we tipped with cash and put that in a container near the purser's desk. Very convenient. I loved that concept.

The op clearly said..tips were prepaid and that was it. Then the tip was paid because of the prepay, after all the waiter was at the table, so a tip that was not prepaid was then paid. When doing this be sure to pay the one that was tipped because it was done ahead of time because of their hard work.

I hope this clears things up.

The op clearly said..tips were prepaid and that was it. Then the tip was paid because of the prepay, after all the waiter was at the table, so a tip that was not prepaid was then paid. When doing this be sure to pay the one that was tipped because it was done ahead of time because of their hard work.

Puffinater - One of the best replies I've ever read--LOL!

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, I am surprised at how sarcastic some posters can be! I think the op forgot that they prepaid their tips and ended up tipping again. He or she is obviously just trying to help by warning others to keep track of their tipping ( by allowing the cruise line to automatically do it) as to not end up double or triple tipping as he or she did. Give the OP a break, gosh.

Didn't this appear in a Seinfeld episode?

• 3 weeks later...
Maybe it's me, but I haven't a clue what you are talking about or what you are trying to say ??

Perhaps I need a drink

we are discussing tip money to pay for in advance are you that drunk not to see it? have another one its free on me:rolleyes:

Wow, I am surprised at how sarcastic some posters can be! I think the op forgot that they prepaid their tips and ended up tipping again. He or she is obviously just trying to help by warning others to keep track of their tipping ( by allowing the cruise line to automatically do it) as to not end up double or triple tipping as he or she did. Give the OP a break, gosh.

Yes that is right, try to tell others that if they pre tip in advance do not re tip again after the cruise tells you to do it again. We got stuck last year when we retiped two times and then some so if you do have them take it out tell them you want a copy of the receipt so to see that they take out the tip money.

Or you will be respending this again and lose out. thanks, For the others who think they know it all, go follow an egg.

I think the poster prepaid their tips, maybe at booking, and then forgot and paid them again???

Yes we did not forget we were told to pre pay the tips which we did and then were told we did not tip them for the services then when we get the bill on the cc the day of the ship embarking home there were 3 tips added to this ship and there were only 2 of us, so they took out 200.00 extra out of our cc card which we complained and they took it off right away.

Mohakeena the psychologist go anyalize someone else. not me!

Archived