Nightlife / Dancing on Carnival Vista?

Txyapaw

Never been on Vista so I am looking for someone that could provide a little insight into the nightlife...

Do they have a good nightclub for dancing (good dance floor, music, etc)? Is it DJ, live music or a mixture? Was crowd size good? Any advice or pictures would be greatly appreciated.

We have been on Freedom before where they do have a pretty decent club but from the pictures (that I could find) of Vista...that was unclear. So it is that battle of book on a new ship or stay with what you know. :confused:

They don't have a dedicated nightclub on Vista or Horizon. I believe they initially were using the main theater as the night club on Vista. Reports from Horizon said they were using the comedy club as a night club. I've wondered if they made that change on Vista but haven't seen any confirmation.

I was on the Vista in April 2018. I thought the nightlife was great, the band in the ocean plaza was great as well in the havana club. It was especially fun for me since I ballroom dance and can dance to Latin music . However I did not go to the disco. This was the best live entertainment that I've heard in a long on a CCL ship.

Gary

• 3 weeks later...

We were on the vista June 2017. The nightlife is great. Latin band in Havana...80's band in ocean plaza....dj in nightclub...and acoustic in the red frog. Something for everyone. As for Pics on a cruise in a bar at 2 am.....NO

We are cruising on Horizon June 2019 hoping it is the same as it is the same layout except for the Red Frog is now Pig and anchor

• 2 weeks later...
Do any of the nightclubs or dancing areas allow 19yo's? DD and BFF are both. DS and his GF are both of age and us, well, we could qualify twice. ;D

Yeah they can go everywhere but serenity and do everything except drink. They can gamble If they want.

there is no smoking in the comedy club

they didn't use the comedy club for the dance club when I was on the Vista....they used the theater...just moved the chairs...assuming same for Horizon

there is no smoking in the comedy club

they didn't use the comedy club for the dance club when I was on the Vista....they used the theater...just moved the chairs...assuming same for Horizon

I believe Horizon has been using the comedy club for the night club since the beginning and I want to say Vista has moved in that direction. Horizon is also using the main lounge for late night comedy some nights.

I was on Vista in May .. Comedy club was the night club. There were no comedy shows after 11 in the comedy club, the few nights there were shows that late they had them in the big theater and called it late night comedy. If you like hip hop and latin music it was pretty fun .. it was definitely packed most nights.

ETA: I have found that the bigger the boat the nightclub is definitely more active. When I was on Elation the nightclub was always pretty empty. But on Vista and Magic they were always packed. Although I guess that could have been the time of year since I was on Elation in November and the others in May.