Harmony Coastal Kitchen

Not sure about embarkation lunch but you can pre-book each evening once you get onboard. Not sure you can book before embarkation. Service and food were great at CC on Harmony, I just didn't like the limited menu as I'm a picky eater. Menu did change each night which was nice and they did have some everyday favorites.

Whether or not you can book the CK in advance seems to vary by ship...and it may vary depending upon what suite type you are in.

I have been on Harmony in a Star Class suite and the option to reserve CK from the Cruise Planner was there before sailing. I have heard others say that they did not have the option to book CK ahead of time. If you are in a Star Class Suite the Genie can certainly book it for you ahead of time, if you wish.

Quite honestly, I cannot recall whether or not the CK was open on embark day or not. I seem to think that it was not...but I could be completely wrong ! Frankly, we did not eat in the CK that much. I think we only ate in the CK for one evening meal and that was the traditional lobster night in the MDR. We made a very erroneous assumption that if they were having lobster in the MDR then the lobster that we would get in the CK would be even better than what they were getting in the MDR. Boy, was I wrong ! They had some rubbery lobster bits in some kind of nasty orange sauce that was horrific. I suppose I could have ordered the lobster from the MDR but I didn't want to be bothered so I just ate what they gave me but I will not make that mistake again !

We will never be able to afford a suite or have to worry about the "perks" that go with the "suite experience."

We found a Jr. Suite upgrade from a standard balcony on the Harmony for $400 total. Found this rate 3-4 weeks before a May sailing. Not too bad. :cool:

We found a Jr. Suite upgrade from a standard balcony on the Harmony for $400 total. Found this rate 3-4 weeks before a May sailing. Not too bad. :cool:

I'd upgrade to a JS for $400 on a 7-day cruise.

Total Price $ 3,611.84 and $325 OBC

Stateroom 8642

Stateroom Type JS - SUITE

So you paid 3200 for a regular balcony, way to much. No wonder you paid 400 more for the JS which at 3600 is high also but more inline. Our GS on harmony was 3900 after the c&a discount

So you paid 3200 for a regular balcony, way to much. No wonder you paid 400 more for the JS which at 3600 is high also but more inline. Our GS on harmony was 3900 after the c&a discount

Can't find a JS on Harmony same month next year for under 5K. Show me a Harmony JS next May for less than your so called 'high' of 3.6k? What sailing is your GS? Can you find me a Harmony GS for 3.9k? I would probably move my booking for that price.

Can't find a JS on Harmony same month next year for under 5K. Show me a Harmony JS next May for less than your so called 'high' of 3.6k? What sailing is your GS? Can you find me a Harmony GS for 3.9k? I would probably move my booking for that price.

We just sailed in JS on Harmony but there was 4 of us so prices probably don't compare. We also did it over July 4th so not the best time if you want a deal. We upgraded about 6 weeks out for minimal additional cost. When we first booked close to a year out, the JS were well over 1.2k per person more then the balcony. It dropped to $200 more per person after final payment so we jumped at it.

We were in the high 6k range for 4 of us in a hump balcony room. I think we had a discount for the kids at the time but don't remember.

The room seemed bigger then a JS on independence. Not sure if it was laid out different. And we actually liked Coastal Kitchen for dinner. No complaints about any of our three meals there. We are actually going to miss this perk when we do Allure next summer in normal balcony rooms. Maybe we can find that last minute upgrade again. Fingers crossed.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Show me the money. Crickets setsail

Not sure about embarkation lunch but you can pre-book each evening once you get onboard. Not sure you can book before embarkation. Service and food were great at CC on Harmony, I just didn't like the limited menu as I'm a picky eater. Menu did change each night which was nice and they did have some everyday favorites.

Just off of the Harmony....embarkation day lunch in CK was great, if only to avoid the chaos of Windjammer. We found CK nice for breakfast and lunch but too quiet for dinner and wound up eating in the MDR on the nights when we didn't go to a specialty restaurant.

• 1 month later...

We sail this Saturday as well. We booked a JS quad (with our two little ones) for $4300 total including trip insurance and we have a $250 OBC. We have our family coming as well but they are in ocean view balconies so we won't be doing dinner in Coastal Kitchen every night. Frankly, from what I have read on here it seems no one raves about Coastal Kitchen.

... Frankly, from what I have read on here it seems no one raves about Coastal Kitchen.

We enjoyed CK on Oasis very much. Some of it is the environment, the view, the quieter environment, the excellent service. Nice having the food made to order also.

• 2 weeks later...
We wanted to book Oasis for our anniversary the end of May....but the JS was more than a grand more expensive

than what we booked the same JS for December cruise. It's the time of the year that dictates a lot of price changes.

Keep looking, we got a cheap upgrade to a JS after final payment.

Keep looking, we got a cheap upgrade to a JS after final payment.

Thanks, and congrats on your self upgrade! :)

We ended up using up my of my time shares (can't give those things away :() for our anniversary in May, but this morning I did book another Oasis cruise for February of 2019. Will be third time in the same JS cabin. ;)

• 1 month later...

Sometimes you can catch a great deal, I think it is harder now though. We booked a 2BR ATS for 4 of us for 10,900.00; including drink packages for 4, specialty dining, gratuities and the Genie included was a better deal than DW and I in a GS and my nephew and his wife in a JS. Our TA gave us a 750 OBC as well. I heard the same deal now is about 24,000.00 we booked a year in advance and sail October 21, 2017. Thought we would give the 4 BR Presidential Suite a try for the Symphony in 2018, price was 70,000.00 for 8, so of course we didn't take that deal.:(

Edited by TriCoachCruising
Misspelled a word

We sail this Saturday as well. We booked a JS quad (with our two little ones) for $4300 total including trip insurance and we have a $250 OBC. We have our family coming as well but they are in ocean view balconies so we won't be doing dinner in Coastal Kitchen every night. Frankly, from what I have read on here it seems no one raves about Coastal Kitchen.

I was in a CL suite, Great cabin and proximity to CK, but imho and “taste” I really did not think the food was that good at all.....disappointing.

I agree re a quiet and pleasant ambiance. Very nice, especially if you get a window table nearest to the ocean view.

Also the bar tenders very good, as were most of the wait staff...... but food options repetitive and lacking flavor .

Just my opinion so don’t beat me! Lol

I was in a CL suite, Great cabin and proximity to CK, but imho and “taste” I really did not think the food was that good at all.....disappointing.

I agree re a quiet and pleasant ambiance. Very nice, especially if you get a window table nearest to the ocean view.

Also the bar tenders very good, as were most of the wait staff...... but food options repetitive and lacking flavor .

Just my opinion so don’t beat me! Lol

Sheila! I hope your house is ok; missed you towards the end of the cruise on the suite deck! :)