"John T" in the next cabin

Hi

We just returned from the Enchantment and were next door neighbors with John Travolta.

It was all very hush hush and we found out accidently.

The funny thing was my daughter actually got a glimpse of him on the balcony during sail-away.

Other than that we never saw or heard him - just saw his friends coming and going.

It was a suite.

He had friends staying in other cabins.

I don't think he had his family with him. We came and went often and never saw him coming or going. We did see people waiting outside his door for him. I am guessing they waited until the hallway was clear.

Cool - now we have someone who was not only on the ship with him but stayed in the cabin next door! :cool:

You might want to check out this thread where his appearance on the ship was initially reported several days ago: Heard from the grapevine...

....and you might want to check out the same thread where it has been acknowledged that JT was onboard Enchantment.

....and you might want to check out the same thread where it has been acknowledged that JT was onboard Enchantment.

I wasn't implying it wasn't true. I just re-read my reply and I guess I can see where you might get that impression. I was simply commenting that it was cool we now actually have someone posting who was onboard at the same time. (That's a "cool" smiley, not the "eye rolling" smiley.)

I kept up with the other thread in it's entirety. Here's the acknowledgement post:

Holy crap, people, it appears that he WAS on the Enchantment. This is from a news website in Belize:

"When it comes to movie stars - you don’t get any bigger than John Travolta which is why the big news tonight is that the star actor was in Belize today. He was scheduled to leave around 6 pm on his private jet from the Phillip Goldson International Airport. But Travolta arrived this morning on Royal Caribbean’s ‘Enchantment of the Sea.’ He along with 2,000 other passengers was unable to leave the ship this morning because of a swine flu fear – which we’ll tell you about later.

The all clear was given at midday – but he stayed on the ship the entire day until 4:15, just 15 minutes before the ship’s departure. He came off in a chartered boat and got off at the Radisson pier where he was processed by an immigration officer as well as a Customs officer. We were also there but he didn’t want to talk to us. We were told he is on a vacation and wanted his privacy.

Initially, the “Pelham 123” star actually refused to leave the boat because of the media and a good number of fans. He did however leave and waved to the crowd. He then entered the Radisson and was scheduled to be there until 6 pm which is when he would have rushed to the airport and onto his plane. We are not sure if he’ll be the pilot because he is also a licensed pilot. Travolta appeared to be with his wife Kelly Preston.

Travolta again is a first rate actor. He has won two academy awards and is widely known for his hit movies Saturday Night Fever, Grease, and Pulp Fiction. His movie career spans almost 40 years. His newest movie, “The Taking of Pelham 123” with Denzel Washington opens in U.S. theatres tomorrow. Travolta has kept a low profile since the death of his son Jeff in January in the Bahamas."

why should he be able to vacation without alot of crazys bugging him . He is such a good actor you can tell it was ment to be his profession in life and he loves what he does but that doesn't give the media free access to his whole life I find it wrong . I hope he enjoyed his time on the boat.

The word got out later on in the cruise.

He went unnoticed (except for DD seeing him on the balcony) for several days.

My daughter wasn't even sure it was him until we overheard a casual comment. The comment would have meant nothing if we hadn't suspected.

RCL did a great job in keeping it all on the QT.

Then all of a sudden on day 4 everyone knew. So I think he was able to enjoy himself a little bit. I hope so. I cannot imagine what he must be experiencing.

It is true he was on board. We just got off the Enchantment yesterday and a staff member confirmed that he was on board. I believe I saw his bodyguards when we boarded. I didn't put two and two together until I heard several days later John was on board. I heard he got off on Belize. He did not mingle with the other guests as far as I know - I sure didn't see him. I hope he got some peace for a few days.

I hope he received the privacy and relaxation he needed....but hard to do so on a ship of 2000 people.

I agree. I still find it odd that he would vacation on a large cruise ship and not charter something private.

I agree. I still find it odd that he would vacation on a large cruise ship and not charter something private.

I'm no expert, but my thought are that he may have wanted to thank a few friends for being there for him and his family and took them on the trip. Why he chose this ship, we'll never know.

My feeling is that he is a great guy. My heart broke for him last January.

I'm no expert, but my thought are that he may have wanted to thank a few friends for being there for him and his family and took them on the trip. Why he chose this ship, we'll never know.

My feeling is that he is a great guy. My heart broke for him last January.

My heart still breaks for him and his family:( I can't even imagine the pain........

So VERY odd... I agree. I cant wrap my mind around it all.:o I honestly don't get it.. It sounds like he was in his cabin the entire time and then got off in Belize. His plane was already in Belize. Sounds like the ship was merely transportation to me. Still very odd. :confused:

Somtimes it is easier to hide in plain sight, which is why I think he took a regular vacation with family and friends. I just finished reading an article in People Magazine and they are really trying to stay under the radar. I hope they had a great time!!!

why should he be able to vacation without alot of crazys bugging him . He is such a good actor you can tell it was ment to be his profession in life and he loves what he does but that doesn't give the media free access to his whole life I find it wrong . I hope he enjoyed his time on the boat.

I have to say this.........it's a ship!!:D;)

Rick

He was probably in his room all the time taking his "E" meter readings. You've got to watch your Thetan Levels when cruising.

Cinebrat ---> Get a life and leave him alone. From your comment you don't know anything about Scientology. Keep those comments to your self.

:mad:

Archived