New Mariner Program on Statendam

clogaltocruise

Greetings from the Statendam. The new Mariner Program was introduced this week. When we boarded last Sunday there was a letter in our cabin explaining the new program. It was pretty much everything that had previously been discussed on the CC Board.

Today was our Mariner lunch in the Main Dining Room. The Cruise Director asked those with one star to raise their hands, then two stars, three stars. She then introduced a couple with 301 days and gave them their 4 star pin. They sat at a reserved table with other long time Mariners. One couple wore their medallions. The lunch was very good and we were offered red and white wine. The captain made a speech and thanked HAL's Mariners for continuing to cruise the "dam" ships. The hotel manager was also present.

We did receive tiles, also. I'm going to try to attach a few images (the new pin and the menu) but if it doesn't work, I will try again later.

Kathy

IMG_0595.jpg.fec0c591d85cdd95ffe239cfcfeea3bb.jpg

IMG_0600.jpg.a95bee23acfc3dbbd7a992b77f5ea90c.jpg

IMG_0603.jpg.aeaf45aa65dea835404e5eadf1459a7d.jpg

Hi Everyone ~

Sorry about the delay. I tried posting last night but the ship's internet was down. We didn't get it back until late afternoon today.

Sorry about the menu not being legible. I had to save it to a much smaller file size so it would load. The appetizer choices were Caesar Salad with Chicken Breast or Shrimp Cocktail; Entree choices were Poached Salmon, Roast Sirloin of Beef with Peppercorn Sauce or Cheddar Quiche and dessert was Peach Strudel with Raspberry Sauce and Petit Fours.

The lunch on embarkation day in the MDR was off the lunch menu. We didn't partake but did go there to check it out. I spoke with the Maitre D and he said it was basically their usual embarkation MDR lunch and that pretty much anyone could dine there. The upper level was open and the hours were from noon to 1:00 or 1:30 p.m.

The concierge explained that all pins will now be the same except for the number of stars displayed. The same logo with the appropriate stars appears on your boarding card as well.

Also, the line for the 4-star Mariners to board was the same line that the Penthouse/Deluxe Suite Guests use.

Hope this helps,

Kathy

Thanks Kathy, for all the up-to-date information. I'm still trying to find out from HAL what 25% for 3* and 50% for 4*off "wine packages" means. I asked the Mariner Society call centre by 'phone and was told that it includes the 10 and 20 glass wine cards but Kakalina (on an earlier posting) was told that it's not and that it is restricted to bottle packages. If you're still on board, can you find out please?:confused:

Hi Everyone ~

Sorry about the delay. I tried posting last night but the ship's internet was down. We didn't get it back until late afternoon today.

Sorry about the menu not being legible. I had to save it to a much smaller file size so it would load. The appetizer choices were Caesar Salad with Chicken Breast or Shrimp Cocktail; Entree choices were Poached Salmon, Roast Sirloin of Beef with Peppercorn Sauce or Cheddar Quiche and dessert was Peach Strudel with Raspberry Sauce and Petit Fours.

The lunch on embarkation day in the MDR was off the lunch menu. We didn't partake but did go there to check it out. I spoke with the Maitre D and he said it was basically their usual embarkation MDR lunch and that pretty much anyone could dine there. The upper level was open and the hours were from noon to 1:00 or 1:30 p.m.

The concierge explained that all pins will now be the same except for the number of stars displayed. The same logo with the appropriate stars appears on your boarding card as well.

Also, the line for the 4-star Mariners to board was the same line that the Penthouse/Deluxe Suite Guests use.

Hope this helps,

Kathy

Thanks SO much for taking time to answer questions. I really appreciate it since I'll be boarding the Statendam soon:D.

Thanks Kathy, for all the up-to-date information. I'm still trying to find out from HAL what 25% for 3* and 50% for 4*off "wine packages" means. I asked the Mariner Society call centre by 'phone and was told that it includes the 10 and 20 glass wine cards but Kakalina (on an earlier posting) was told that it's not and that it is restricted to bottle packages. If you're still on board, can you find out please?:confused:

We purchased a wine bottle package in the MDR and received the discount. I will inquire today about the glass wine cards.

That Mariner's Brunch menu is the same one that we have had for the last couple of years. Only difference -- dessert varies.

I keep getting that nasty banana dessert every time I go. I don't think I'll go to the mariners brunch this time....especially if I know that banana dessert is making an appearance:eek::rolleyes:.

Really don;t like the idea that the 4 star people now embark in the same line as the people in the PS, SA, SB and SC cabins.
Why don't you wait and see how much of a difference that really makes in practice? On cruises less than 30 days or so it may not make much difference at all, because there may not be very many 4-stars that are not in suites.

We always are the last ones off the ship as we are in no hurry to get home.

It is a much more relaxed pace when everyone has rushed through the terminal and fought to get a cab. By the time we get off there are only a few pieces of luggage left and a lot of cabs are hanging around...

Ruth & Jim

Archived