PHOTOS & reviews - Repo 8 days Southern Caribbean cruise - Enchantment OTS (4/11/10)

The mandatory Lifeboat Drill took place on Enchantment OTS - not long after Jewel OTS left the Port of Colon, Panama (04/11/2010)

Take-off_Colon20.jpg

Images of Colon Port, Panama on Sunday evening - from Enchantment OTS (4/11/2010):

Take-off_Colon19.jpg

Take-off_Colon2.jpg

Take-off_Colon6.jpg

Take-off_Colon15.jpg

Take-off_Colon10.jpg

While Enchantment OTS was preparing to take off in Port of Colon (Panama), the music started and people got engaged in the

traditional electric slide dance aboard the ship (4/11/2010):

Take-off_Colon22.jpg

Take-off_Colon5.jpg

Take-off_Colon9.jpg

Take-off_Colon18.jpg

Images of Colon Port, Panama on Sunday evening - when Enchantment OTS was taking off heading to Costa Rica (4/11/2010):

Take-off_Colon17.jpg

Take-off_Colon11.jpg

Starting with some images from EMBARKATION in Colon, Panama (4/11/2010):

Embarcation-Colon.jpg

Embarcation-Colon2.jpg

Embarcation-Colon4.jpg

Embarcation-Colon5.jpg

Embarcation-Colon7.jpg

Embarkation was a breeze... we were on the ship 15 minutes after getting off the cab.

Embarcation-Colon8.jpg

It looks like they have a very nice cruise terminal in Colon.

It looks like they have a very nice cruise terminal in Colon.

Yes, indeed: modern and very clean; well organized too making the embarkation process a breeze really.

This despite the dangerous neighborhood of Colon - where it is NOT recommended to walk alone, especially at night (due to Colon's rather scary reputation for street crime).

Taxis are regulated to ensure the safety of the cruise passengers; they are also very cheap ($3.00 USD from a local hotel other than the very close by Radisson or $1.00 USD from the local Bus Terminal).

After the Compulsory emergency guest Muster Drill (Deck 5, various Muster stations listed on the SeaPass card) and the Sailaway celebration (festivities with the Latin band and DJ by the Poolside, Deck 9), dinner was served (ealy/ late seating, my time dinning).

Sunday night (April 11th 2010), the WELCOME ABOARD SHOW featured the Enchantment OTS Orchestra, the RC singers and dancers and starring:

The Grand Illusions of Hines Magic (presented by Rico, the Cruise Director)

The magician (Richard from New York; assisted by his wife Abby) performed in the Orpheum Theatre (Deck 5-6) at 8:00pm (for Main Seating guests) and then at 10:15pm (for Second Seating guests).

Video is prohibited, so below are some images from the show - The Grand Illusions of Hines Magic:

Magician-show12.jpg

Magician-show7.jpg

Magician-show8.jpg

Magician-show9.jpg

Magician-show10.jpg

Magician-show11.jpg

Sunday night (April 11th 2010), the WELCOME ABOARD SHOW featured the Enchantment OTS Orchestra, the RC singers and dancers and starring:

The Grand Illusions of Hines Magic (presented by Rico, the Cruise Director)

The magician (Richard from New York; assisted by his wife Abby) performed in the Orpheum Theatre (Deck 5-6) at 8:00pm (for Main Seating guests) and then at 10:15pm (for Second Seating guests).

Video is prohibited, so below are some more images from the show - The Grand Illusions of Hines Magic:

Magician-show11.jpg

Magician-show2.jpg

Magician-show3.jpg

Magician-show4.jpg

Magician-show5.jpg

Magician-show6.jpg

Now that's a grab!!! Ops, I meant a wrap!!! : )

We mentioned dinner after the Sail-away Celebration. Options aboard beside My Time Dinning?

Casual dinner served in the Windjammer Marketplace on Deck 9 (from 6:30pm to 9pm).

Or dinner served in the My Fair Lady Restaurant (Deck 4,5) from 6:30pm for Main Seating or starting 8:45pm on Sunday for Second Seating guests.

Some images of the My Fair Lady Restaurant aboard EOTS:

DinnerSundayapril1112.jpg

DinnerSundayapril1111.jpg

DinnerSundayapril1113.jpg

DinnerSundayapril1110.jpg

Menu for Sunday evening (April 11, 2010) in the above restaurant also included low-fat/carb, more healthy options (less than 800 cals):

DinnerSundayapril113.jpg

Dinner served in the My Fair Lady Restaurant (Deck 4,5) from 6:30pm for Main Seating or starting 8:45pm on Sunday for Second Seating guests.

Some more images of menu and the actual food served in the My Fair Lady Restaurant aboard EOTS (Sunday evening, 4/11/2010)

Starters MENU:

DinnerSundayapril112.jpg

DinnerSundayapril115.jpg

One of the soups on the starters menu (very good and pretty clear: you can see well the champiñones inside).

DinnerSundayapril114.jpg

Fresh fruits starter plate.

Main course MENU:

DinnerSundayapril11.jpg

DinnerSundayapril116.jpg

Pork medallions over mashed potatoes, broccoli, champiñones/mushrooms and tomato.

DinnerSundayapril117.jpg

Mediterranean Quesadilla (grilled) with Monterey Jack cheese served with salsa (tomato and cilantro).

Dinner served in the My Fair Lady Restaurant (Deck 4,5) from 6:30pm for Main Seating or starting 8:45pm on Sunday for Second Seating guests.

Final images of the Dessert menu and the actual food served in the My Fair Lady Restaurant aboard EOTS (Sunday evening, 4/11/2010):

DinnerSundayapril118.jpg

Note that there is a charge for "specialty coffee" (i.e. Espresso, Latte etc.).

DinnerSundayapril119.jpg

A delicious Savarin with Grand Marnier and fresh raspberries and kiwi; mango sorbet too.

We mentioned dinner after the Sail-away Celebration. Options aboard beside My Time Dinning?

Casual dinner served in the Windjammer Marketplace on Deck 9 (from 6:30pm to 9pm).

Or dinner served in the My Fair Lady Restaurant (Deck 4,5) from 6:30pm for Main Seating or starting 8:45pm on Sunday for Second Seating guests.

Some images of the My Fair Lady Restaurant aboard EOTS:

DinnerSundayapril1112.jpg

tru-

Loved your dining room photos - thanks for posting. I wish I had thought to take some of them, but I really did not get too many around the ship. Might have to 'borrow' one or two of yours if thats ok? :)

tru-

Loved your dining room photos - thanks for posting. I wish I had thought to take some of them, but I really did not get too many around the ship. Might have to 'borrow' one or two of yours if thats ok? :)

Thank you (our daughter helped too).

Absolutely! Borrow as many as you wish - we don't have a blog, so waiting for some more reviews to be added on this thread... hopefully! Same for photos!!!

wonderful pics, looks like u all had fun; I have a question, in one of your pictures there is a table set up that said "got kids, get your wristbands here". What was that for?

cheers

We'll be posting images later from our 1st port of call (PUERTO LIMON, Costa Rica) on the appropriate board on this site (Ports of Call/ Costa Rica).

So Monday (4/12/2010) we were in Puerto Limon, Costa Rica from 7am until 7pm (ship time; local time is 1 hour behind ship time).

We arrived on time and didn't have to deal with the port employees' strike that took place earlier that morning (when RCI ship Jewel OTS pulled in Puerto Limon)...

Apparently, those strikes are pretty frequent and Carnival decided to skip this port to avoid dealing with the pressure that the port employees are using anytime a ship docks in Puerto Limon (claiming current low pay etc.)...

Anyway, Monday morning was rainning cats and dogs... kind of long walk from the ship to the Visitors Center but we made it ok and enjoyed very much our excursion (details later).

Back to the ship on Monday evening we went straight to one of the highlights of this cruise (in terms of entertainment): the RCI Production Showtime hosted by Rico, the Cruise Director: MARIO and DANIEL's TANGO BUENOS AIRES.

The wonderful show was starring Cristian and Manuela "direct from Argentina," featuring Emiliano Messiez and Daniel Espinosa, the RCI singers and dancers, and the Tango Buenos Aires Orchestra.

No photos on this one because it was a pre-dinner show in the Orpheum Theatre (Deck 5,6) and we barely had time to change our clothes coming back from Puerto Limon (show started at 7:15pm for 2nd Seating guests and 9:00pm for Main Seating Dinning)...

As usual, dinner (casual) served in the My Fair Lady Restaurant (Deck 4,5) from 6:00pm for Main Seating or starting 8:30pm on Monday for Second Seating guests.

Some images of the menu and the actual food served in the My Fair Lady Restaurant aboard EOTS (Monday evening, 4/12/2010)

Starters MENU:

Dinner-Monday.jpg

Dinner-Monday3.jpg

Caprese Salad

Main course MENU:

Dinner-Monday8.jpg

Dinner-Monday4.jpg

Lamb served over mashed potatoes and broccoli.

Dinner-Monday5.jpg

Kaju Paneer Dhansak – Paneer, fenugreek, tarka dal and pineapple curry served with fragrant basmati rice, pappadams and tangy ratia.

Menu for Monday evening (April 12, 2010) in the above restaurant also included low-fat/carb, more healthy options (less than 800 cals):

Dinner-Monday2.jpg

Archived