$399 for cabana at half moon ?

watertheodds

I believe the price had been $249, plus $270 if you chose the Butler upgrade. Those numbers might be reversed- $270 for the cabana, $240 for the Butler. That is a significant increase w/o any change in service. No disrespect intended, but are you sure it is $399, and no change in what is provided?

I just looked at the HAL site. As I don't have a Caribbean cruise booked right now, I couldn't see the prices, and I didn't see any change in what is offered.

Maybe they are trying to get some compensation for all those that say they will have 3 or 12 extra people just drop by, but not pay for them ;)

Many things have gone up since last year - we usually purchase the "just for us" package - this went from about 395 to over 500 bucks in one year. Plus we've noticed the cost of land tours have gone up quite a bit since last cruise a year ago....cost of doing business I guess -

I am curious as to how you can see your end of December excursions and we have a cruise a couple of weeks before you and I get the message that "there are no excursions at this time".

???

We are sailing on Statendam 14 day Panama canal over Christmas-New Years and our itinerary has shore excursions for our ports listed. We've purchased 2 landtours that we havnt been on yet. Hopefully yours will show up soon!

We are sailing on Statendam 14 day Panama canal over Christmas-New Years and our itinerary has shore excursions for our ports listed. We've purchased 2 landtours that we havnt been on yet. Hopefully yours will show up soon!

One would think that if someone on a later cruise can book Cabanas for HMC that those of us on cruises before that could also book cabanas -- but we can't.

So wonder why the difference?

Im a newbie, but can you call HAL and reserve ahead of time (like you can on shipboard cabanas) ?? I also have a friend who is doing the 14 day Caribbean Holiday cruise the exact same dates as the cruise I am on, and his landtours aren't posted as available yet...

I just looked at our 3/17/2013 Westerdam Panama excursions and, yes, the cabana's are listed at $399.95. I had read previously that any cabana is a great cabana regardless of the colour, but at this new price...I'm not so sure. A clamshell at $15.95 is probably what we will do now.

I also noticed though, that there is a cabana price of $299.00 for "Child" as opposed to "Adult" at the $399.95.

Wow. Just looked at excursions for our end of December cruise on the Eurodam and couldn't believe the cabana price at $399. Isn't that a huge increase? When I researched the cost on the CC threads I was seeing $225 / $250.

Yes it is a huge increase. Lets see how much they are rented now..:)

Yes, I am sure of the cost as I went ahead and booked one...sigh.... Last week I went to the "book shore excursions" tab on the HAL site and put my booking # in and yes, it came up and said the excursions were not available yet. I then called the # for booking and the person said they were not loaded in yet - that it would be mid may or so. Just for the heck of it I went in today to the shore excursions tab and put my booking # in and they came up and I was able to book. Our cruise dates are Dec 15-22. I was just so surprised at the cost I wanted to check in with CC to see if they have been this much all year.

Wow - at that price - you'd be better off to see if you can get a group together on your roll call and just get the Oasis - with 12 people it's $100 per person and you get a lot more (including your lunch cooked right there for you, free drinks, hot tubs, cabanas, snorkel gear, mats, etc.).

Lordspain did it for us last cruise and everyone had an absolute blast!

The price for the Oasis cabana at Carnival is $1,395.99.

Seems safe to think if the price of the regular cabanas for HAL went up, the price of the

Oasis probably did as well.

The price for the Oasis cabana at Carnival is $1,395.99.

Seems safe to think if the price of the regular cabanas for HAL went up, the price of the

Oasis probably did as well.

Wow - we just got off March 12th:eek: back then long, long ago, in a land far, far away it was $1200 for 12 (well, technically $1199 I think).

I have a feeling there could be some vacancies at HMC:rolleyes:

Archived