Hotels in Ft. Lauderdale

bowen9475

If you read down the board, you will see this topic discussed daily. Answer, yes, there are 1 or 2, but don't get too hung up in the free shuttle issue. The hotels in the port/airport area are a very short, less than $15 taxi rides from the airport or port. Or they have a shuttle for a similar ($7pp) price.

www.sunny.org provides you with info on most of the FLL area hotels, including if they offer shuttles. As mentioned above, do not let the offer of a "free" shuttle convince you to stay in a hotel that will otherwise not meet your needs/desires. Good luck! :)

Thanks for the responses. We would be flying in late afternoon/early evening, staying the one night before the cruise and would not really have any time to spend in the area. Trying to make this part of the trip as budget friendly as possible.

I would recommend the Hampton Inn Airport/North Cruiseport. We have stayed there twice and have it booked again for November.

Did you get a good rate? I had a reservation there for April 2013 for a total of $ 199,- for one night.

Then someone here on CruiseCritic mentioned Hyatt Place on the Value website for 99 dollars plus tax. I switched....

We booked it for $169.00. I think that's reasonable when you include the value of the shuttles from airport and to the port. Also they will shuttle you to area restaurants. I also like the shopping plaza across the street.

LaQuinta in Hollywood has the free shuttles, is across from a shopping area and will also shuttle you around. They have free breakfast included and has some great rates especially if you have AAA, Senior or for me as a Government Employee. I am staying there in November precruise and paying $79 a night with my Government rate. It also gets some pretty decent reviews here and on tripadvisor.

We booked it for $169.00. I think that's reasonable when you include the value of the shuttles from airport and to the port. Also they will shuttle you to area restaurants. I also like the shopping plaza across the street.

What restaurants do they shuttle you to? Also, what is in the shopping plaza across the street?

We're trying to decide on a hotel for March. We won't arrive until afternoon, then leave the next day on the cruise. Trying decide if it is worth it to stay at Embassey Suites or here. Need to find somewhere close by for supper. Also, how far is a canal stop if we want to do this?

LaQuinta in Hollywood has the free shuttles, is across from a shopping area and will also shuttle you around. They have free breakfast included and has some great rates especially if you have AAA, Senior or for me as a Government Employee. I am staying there in November precruise and paying $79 a night with my Government rate. It also gets some pretty decent reviews here and on tripadvisor.
This is a good choice. My wife and I stayed there for 3 nights pre-cruise in April and were very pleased with it.

What restaurants do they shuttle you to? Also, what is in the shopping plaza across the street?

The shopping center by the Hampton Inn FLL north has Big Lots, Winn Dixie, Big Daddy's liquor, Mc Donalds, Subway, Wendy's, sports bar, pizza, Cuban, Chinese food.

I would recommend the Hampton Inn Airport/North Cruiseport. We have stayed there twice and have it booked again for November.

Thank you. I was just going to ask about this hotel I booked our pre cruise night there yesterday. Did you have any issues with the free shuttle? Any other info would be appreciated.

Archived