Great items to take on your cruise

gumboroux

I read somewhere that you need to take a small shelf to use in the shower. I found a product called gotoob that is a 2 oz container that has a suction cup on the bottle that sticks to the shower tub! I got several at BB&B.

Clorox wipes- I am not usually paranoid about germs but do not relish being sick on the cruise.

Purex 3 in 1 sheets- Someone suggested this and it makes sense to me if you do laundry.

A chill attitude!

I read somewhere that you need to take a small shelf to use in the shower. I found a product called gotoob that is a 2 oz container that has a suction cup on the bottle that sticks to the shower tub! I got several at BB&B.

Clorox wipes- I am not usually paranoid about germs but do not relish being sick on the cruise.

Purex 3 in 1 sheets- Someone suggested this and it makes sense to me if you do laundry.

A chill attitude!

We have never found the need to a shelf for the shower. There is plenty of room on the little inset for shampoo, conditioner and soap

A chill attitude!

I don't think Purex makes the 3-1 sheets any longer, they replaced them with one of those pod things. I really liked those sheets for when we travel, easy to pack and easy to use.

I take a highlighter and use it on the Patters and use it for Bingo.

I take a night light that plugs into the socket in the bathroom. It has an on and off switch, and I just turn it off during the day. Gives off a soft light when getting up in the middle of the night.

I purchased clear luggage tags from Serendipity to slip my Princess luggage tags into...they had those with a mesh/suction cup/shower caddy for just a little more money, and I've actually enjoyed using the shower caddy.

It's about the size of an 8 1/2 by 11 piece of paper. 3 pockets that will hold medium size shampoos, etc.

I also take a travel alarm clock (and wear a watch)

Purex did stop making the 3n1's - but, I've been able to find them online at Amazon and a few others. I assume they will eventually run out of them to sell. LOL

I also have the luggage tags from Serendipity, very useful & strong. A nightlight comes in as handy on the ship as it does at home, NyQuil and DayQuil really come in handy as does a power strip. I also bring a clock.

Edited by Treven

A catch all like a mini show rack on a hanger that hangs on the inside of the bathroom door to hold all those small misc. bathroom items...nailclippers, eye glass cleaner, lip gloss etc.

Make sue the clock is battery operated, not a plug in.

Edited by cdnguy

Binoculars are a must have for us. Just a small pair work great. Also a roll of quarters for the laundry is handy. Then there is no need to go get change or hope the change machine is working.

Never found a need for a highlighter, either.:)

Looks like this list is getting smaller, so packing is easier and lighter:D

I figure out why you and I cruise so much. We save money by not getting all the stuff others say are must brings. :)

What is the item specifically that you buy from Serendipity to enclose your Princess luggage tags? What is their web site and can the item be purchased on their site? Thanks

What is the item specifically that you buy from Serendipity to enclose your Princess luggage tags? What is their web site and can the item be purchased on their site? Thanks

Here's a link to the serendipity luggage tags - http://www.*******************.com/luggage-tags/

Love them and have used the same ones several times. They're very durable.

Last cruise I took a few of those Command hooks that will attach tot he walls and are removable. They were great when putting out clothes or hanging the beach bag. Just pulled the tab to release them and took them back home with us.

One other item I always take is a small room freshener. Not sure it is really needed, but perhaps it has worked without us knowing it.

We have a cheap shoe organizer that we hang on the bathroom door, for all those things that overflow the medicine cabinets. We also keep the shampoo, conditioner, shower soap in it since you can reach it from the shower and can't fall off the shelf onto the floor.

I figure out why you and I cruise so much. We save money by not getting all the stuff others say are must brings. :)

I agree. I use the pen on the nightstand and that memo pad to write down the activites for the day that I will attend. My cell phone or IPad is my clock/alarm. No need for a nightlight, as I usually travel alone so I turn on the bedside light. I will start bringing a small power surger though. I don't even bring shampoo, conditioner, or lotion since I use what the ship gives me. I save money so I can spend it in ports or onboard. :)

Last cruise I took a few of those Command hooks that will attach tot he walls and are removable. They were great when putting out clothes or hanging the beach bag. Just pulled the tab to release them and took them back home with us.

One other item I always take is a small room freshener. Not sure it is really needed, but perhaps it has worked without us knowing it.

Great idea, I'll have to get a large one before my next cruise. The towel "hooks" provided on the bathroom door can't hold a towel. They end up on the floor looking like we want them replaced when we're just trying to dry them out.

I bring a highlighter for the Patter but didn't need to pay for it, got a bunch from assorted trade shows.

Jackie

I make a small first aid kit. Several sizes of band aids, neosporin, Imodium, Tylenol, Advil, Dramamine, tums, DayQuil, NyQuil,cough drops, Benadryl, Benadryl spray & small ace bandage.

I don't think Purex makes the 3-1 sheets any longer, they replaced them with one of those pod things. I really liked those sheets for when we travel, easy to pack and easy to use.

You can still find sites that sell them thru Amazon.com but yes Purex doesn't make them anymore...(I do buy them thru Amazon.......they have many sites that still carry them....I only use them for vacations/cruises.)

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=purex+3+in+1+sheets&tag=mh0b-20&index=aps&hvadid=859523603&ref=pd_sl_2m6q6qjulz_e

Edited by bugspost

Never found a need for a highlighter, either.:)

Looks like this list is getting smaller, so packing is easier and lighter:D

For me a hightlighter is a must. I use it daily to hightlight things that I want to do so all I have to do is look at the things that I hightlighted.

So small to take.

Tom:)