Elite Mini-Bar FAQs

Astro Flyer

It's recently been discussed on several other threads about our Elite Mini-Bar setup options so I decided to begin a thread about those options. Not everyone is aware of the recently implemented new option to exchange the complete mini-bar setup for 2 coffee cards.

If anyone is interested in this new option or other options including the types of wine for those who exchange their mini-bar for a bottle of wine, I've attached a PDF of that info including the link to where it's located on the Princess website which wasn't easy to locate.

Exchanging the mini-bar for the bottle of wine is not what I do however I know there are some who prefer this option even though the wine value is about half of the mini-bar's value. Hopefully this won't become a discussion about this option because for some it's their preferred option.

You need to be signed in to your Captain's Circle account to view the info on this Princess website which I've included in the attached PDF file to make it simpler to view or to print the info about the current Elite Mini-Bar benefit.

https://book.princess.com/captaincircle/contactUs.page#elite_mini-Bar

Elite Mini-Bar FAQ.pdf

We boarded the Ocean Princess in late March and called room-service to make the swap for two coffee cards. The person on the other end hadn't heard of this possibility and asked if he could call us back. Two minutes later we got a call back with the ok, and within ten minutes someone came by to remove the elite mini-bar setup and gave us our coffee cards. We love this option!!!

We were on a B2B2B on the Grand, when we received a letter in our cabin on the 2nd leg (February 14th) with this offer. That was a perfect time since we still had leftovers from the first leg.

The coffee cards were left blank. No date; no ship name.

Yes you can. We were able to exchange the 8 miniature bottles for 8 bottles of beer. I was supprise to see you could change out the whole mini bar for wine, though not very good wine. We are going to get a wine on one of our back to back, and try to get it upgrade ( with us paying the diference) Has anyone tried this?

I'm almost there... 12 credits and counting...

Does anyone know if you can exchange the small liquor bottles for more beer? I can't drink the hard stuff.

Yes, the mini bottles can be exchanged for other mini bottles, beer, soda or water.

I am doing a 4-day cruise out of LA in the fall. I'm Elite. Will I get any sort of a bar setup? I know I get a tiny shipboard credit.

Thanks,

M.

Yep you will. We just returned from a 3 day followed by a one day. Got the setups for both cruises.

For those that have received the coffee cards did they take everything including the soda and water in exchange for the coffee card?

Yep you will. We just returned from a 3 day followed by a one day. Got the setups for both cruises.

For those that have received the coffee cards did they take everything including the soda and water in exchange for the coffee card?

The entire bar, water and all, must be exchanged. The server has to return the same count and type of bottles/cans to inventory.

Someone posted that they had drank part of one water and had to buy one to replace before making the exchange.

You need to be signed in to your Captain's Circle account to view the info on this Princess website which I've included in the attached PDF file to make it simpler to view or to print the info about the current Elite Mini-Bar benefit.

Quite true.

The only way a first-time passenger with the Suite perk mini bar would know about this, is by reading Cruise Critic.

Thanks Astro for the clear description / topic!

Yes, it was all taken away - it did a great job of tidying up the clutter on the desk! ;)

Quite true.

The only way a first-time passenger with the Suite perk mini bar would know about this, is by reading Cruise Critic.

Thanks Astro for the clear description / topic!

I attempted to make it that way but should have mentioned that it's done through room service. Although in the FAQs PDF file it does say "Once on board, you may contact Room Service to change your mini-bar selection". ;)

Yes you can. We were able to exchange the 8 miniature bottles for 8 bottles of beer. I was supprise to see you could change out the whole mini bar for wine, though not very good wine. We are going to get a wine on one of our back to back, and try to get it upgrade ( with us paying the diference) Has anyone tried this?

They will not let you upgrade. The wine choices are only those listed in the room service menu and there are very few. Nothing I like anyway.

Yes, you will get two minibar setups. You should be able to trade one for two coffee cards. You will also get two Grapevine invites. You will only get one cruise credit, but after the cruise you can call and get the second credit.

We are booked on a 14 day vancouver to vancouver Alaskan cruise. It is technically 2 x 7 days , so will we get 2 elite minibar set ups? And can we exchange the second for the 2 coffee cards if this is the case.

Thanks Melinda

Yes. Just call room service.

You should be able to but may not be able to request that until the second leg starts..

We are booked on a 14 day vancouver to vancouver Alaskan cruise. It is technically 2 x 7 days , so will we get 2 elite minibar set ups? And can we exchange the second for the 2 coffee cards if this is the case.

Thanks Melinda

Archived