Currently on Odyssey

ab21au

Well finally made it. The ship is all you have all said it would be. Here is some photos of Istanbul.

Sail away party on now, have to go. The boarding was sooo seamless. Already familiar with some extremely lovely crew.

353036A7-4D69-45A8-BF50-94110D8589EF-1911-00000401648BDC8B_zps5a20e0a8.jpg

H. Sofia and Blue Mosque at sunset

688D734C-F70E-4A75-B4B2-1A76E8F3ABC4-1300-0000022491D3BC24_zpsbfa059b9.jpg

8D18DBDD-1256-41D7-A8A3-F9ECE43D8AB2-1300-00000225048062DC_zps3175ecff.jpg

The Gallipoli tour was a long day 4 hrs each way but very special, loved it.

12404884-AF89-4071-8262-470780C0D13D-1745-000003E7C8D1689D_zpsafd7931b.jpg

Lone Pine, Gallipoli

Nice photos baychilla. What is the best site to host photos. Photobucket seems so hard to upload to.

Not intending to start discussions on these but on a couple of topics recently discussed ....

Children. Haven't seen any on ship yet (not that I care if there are)

Smoking. Up in the Observation lounge last night, smokers on the SB side but sitting where we were near the tapas bar was fine, not even a whiff of smoke

Just my observations!!!

I use SmugMug which is a pay service. At home its easy to upload to, not sure how it works over say the ships internet connection. Prior to that I used Picasa which is a free Google product that has both stand alone and web uploaders. I wasn't thrilled with their linking however. Another oft mentioned site is Flickr which now offers a terrabyte of storage to free accounts.

I use SmugMug which is a pay service. At home its easy to upload to, not sure how it works over say the ships internet connection. Prior to that I used Picasa which is a free Google product that has both stand alone and web uploaders. I wasn't thrilled with their linking however. Another oft mentioned site is Flickr which now offers a terrabyte of storage to free accounts.

I have tried lots of photo storing sites. The only "paid" one I signed up for went bust so that was the end of those photos! Think I used Flickr last time, but somehow the "free" part ran out after just a few days. I had resized etc so was no where near the limit in just a few days. Wouldnt let me upload anymore. The EASIEST way I have found to store or upload photos, it to Facebook! I now have hundreds of "albums" there. Have no idea if there is any "limit" so far its all working. From Facebook you can easily "copy" the photo to any other website.

Great photos, thanks for sharing your trip with us. Did your big red suitcase fit under the bed? Just curious.

Yes, 2. both are the same size 82cm. They fit under 1 half of the bed. Could fit the same under the other half.

OMG, such great pics! Thanks so much for sharing. We board in 2 weeks and you are making it seem real finally! What type of room are you in and what deck?

Veranda suite deck 6 mid ship. A bit rough last night to Izmir but not a problem.

Thanks for posting the pics. Re: the room - can you see the TV from the bed or does the cabinet side block part of the view?:confused:

The photo has the left door pushed back and the TV pulled out. The TV cannot turn any further. The photo is taken from the furthest side of the bed. It is fine from the right side of the bed, not perfect from the other side. Have rarely had the TV on so far.

DE4DE0E8-68C0-409A-9A36-AA4753067D57-2758-0000056DCF2599E9_zps97cde469.jpg

Yes, 2. both are the same size 82cm. They fit under 1 half of the bed. Could fit the same under the other half.

Thanks. That's brilliant. We couldn't fit ours closed under the bed on the Pride and were thinking of going smaller for our next trip on the Quest but no need to compromise now.

Your pictures are great. Thanks again

D.

Archived