Diamond plus changes on Oasis

Just about to go on Oasis and I understand there will be major changes.

What specially will I see as a diamond plus member?

Has the fabulous Concierge lounge towering above the boardwalk been replaced?

Is the new suites concierge lounge up in the Viking lounge open to diamond plus?

Any other information please.

Just about to go on Oasis and I understand there will be major changes.

What specially will I see as a diamond plus member?

Has the fabulous Concierge lounge towering above the boardwalk been replaced?

Is the new suites concierge lounge up in the Viking lounge open to diamond plus?

Any other information please.

CL is still there but not sure for how long as it is being converted to wonderland. DL is on deck 4 and no only suite and pinnacle allowed in suite lounge and coastal kitchen. We were on oasis last week.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by CaribSailor

I am diamond and so is my daughter in a different cabin...we would like to use this lounge but also know that our 3 drinks per day will be loaded onto our cards...but were do diamond members go...for the lounge...thanks

Diamond members go to the Diamond Lounge on deck for, starboard side.

Can you confirm I understand the 3 lounges?

New Dia lounge on deck 4

New Suites lounge on deck 14

Existing Concierge lounge now only for Dia plus

Is this correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes new Diamond lounge is on deck 4 to the left of the dining room

New Suites lounge for gold card and Pinnacles is on Deck 17 the former Viking Crown lounge

Existing CL on deck 11/12 will be Wonderland. I cannot confirm if they are still using it as a CL for Diamond Plus presently but our waiter on Quantum from Wonderland is heading to OASIS to help open that dining venue. I believe Dynamic Dining of which Wonderland is part will begin on Oasis March 14.

Emmy thanks for the update...deck four for the new diamond lounge on the Oasis...just outside of the MDR...that makes it very convienient for getting one last drink in before heading to the MDR for dinner...

It sure does make it convenient. :) I had some concern about Dynamic Dining on Quantum but I was quite happy with the new menus and the food.

We were on a couple weeks ago. Here's the current lounge status:

Deck 4 Diamond Lounge -- Open to Diamond, Diamond Plus, and Pinnacle C&A Members.

Deck 11 Concierge Lounge -- Open to Diamond Plus and Pinnacle C&A Members; closing permanently in late January for the conversion to Wonderland.

Deck 17 Suite Lounge and Coastal Kitchen -- Open to passengers in a GS and above and Pinnacle C&A Members.

Diamond and above have three drinks per day loaded on their card for use during happy hour.

My guess is that one result of all of this will be fewer bookings from D+ on Oasis. I was willing to pay a premium for the benefit of a great CL with hot meals (and drinks) for breakfast and lunch and a wonderful view of the boardwalk and Aqua Theatre. Once we sail on Oasis in October and see CATS, that will probably be it for us on this ship.

My guess is that one result of all of this will be fewer bookings from D+ on Oasis. I was willing to pay a premium for the benefit of a great CL with hot meals (and drinks) for breakfast and lunch and a wonderful view of the boardwalk and Aqua Theatre. Once we sail on Oasis in October and see CATS, that will probably be it for us on this ship.

Also, kicking everyone else on the ship out of the Viking Crown. The only place with climate controlled views of the ocean on the ship. Ironically to give it to people in suites that already have those views. C'mon RCI throw us a bone and give us back a quarter of a very large room.

You express my sentiments perfectly. My daughter-in-law asked us to take her on Oasis to see "Cats" as her college graduation gift. After that, we will be done with Oasis and probably Allure too. Hubby and I really enjoyed the very special Concierge lounge with the hot meals and snacks and the fabulous view.

We also enjoyed the Diamond Lounge above Boleros. It was great to sit there on the porch and watch parades. Now that is gone too. I am NOT a happy camper.

We enjoyed the Viking Lounge area too for the view. We also went to the wedding chapel daily for some quiet prayers. Now that is gone. I don't even know what else is gone.

We won't be Pinnacle for another ten years if we cruise at our present rate. I wonder in ten years what being Pinnacle will really mean given how Royal is changing things right now.

When Diamonds in December was ended last year, the CEO said Royal would have "other surprises" for us. Now we know what the surprises were.

Oh, I don't know if anyone has mentioned it here, but we received a notice on Liberty of the Seas last week that all Diamonds (or was it just Diamond Plus and Pinnacle?)who sailed in December of this year will be placed in a drawing for a free cruise. Maybe Hubby and I will get lucky and win that. I wonder what the odds are.

Also, kicking everyone else on the ship out of the Viking Crown. The only place with climate controlled views of the ocean on the ship. Ironically to give it to people in suites that already have those views. C'mon RCI throw us a bone and give us back a quarter of a very large room.

......those suite people are usually paying 500% more than your typical inside cabin dweller with "royal" status.......whose backside do you think a for profit company will kiss?.......:cool:

......those suite people are usually paying 500% more than your typical inside cabin dweller with "royal" status.......whose backside do you think a for profit company will kiss?.......:cool:

It's an old argument, but D+ will have spent thousands and thousands of dollars with RCCL and filled cabins that would otherwise go empty. By alienating their most loyal cruisers in catering to suite guests, RCCL execs may be making a big, big mistake.

It's an old argument, but D+ will have spent thousands and thousands of dollars with RCCL and filled cabins that would otherwise go empty. By alienating their most loyal cruisers in catering to suite guests, RCCL execs may be making a big, big mistake.

.....you may be correct....only time will tell I guess.....:)

Oh, I don't know if anyone has mentioned it here, but we received a notice on Liberty of the Seas last week that all Diamonds (or was it just Diamond Plus and Pinnacle?)who sailed in December of this year will be placed in a drawing for a free cruise. Maybe Hubby and I will get lucky and win that. I wonder what the odds are.

They did that last year, too. As far as I know, the winner was never announced, unless it was in one of those email that I never seem to get.

Edited by critterchick

.....you may be correct....only time will tell I guess.....:)

When diamonds were removed from the CL a ways back this same talk came about. They were either leaving and not coming back or were going to watch the company go into financial ruin!! [yes-I inflated that a bit :p]

In reality, most rushed to climb up the loyalty ladder, booked like crazy and went no where and the company wound up building bigger ships!!

But yes, you are correct. Time will tell............Stay tuned for the next chapter..........

When diamonds were removed from the CL a ways back this same talk came about. They were either leaving and not coming back or were going to watch the company go into financial ruin!! [yes-I inflated that a bit :p]

In reality, most rushed to climb up the loyalty ladder, booked like crazy and went no where and the company wound up building bigger ships!!

But yes, you are correct. Time will tell............Stay tuned for the next chapter..........

Guilty as charged!!!

Unfortunately, those same Execs don't care so much what you and others have spent in the past but only care what you and others will spend in the future.

People need to open their eyes to this fact and while the Loyalty program is a good one the concentration is on dollars spent. Many upper tier loyalty guests use all the discounts they can get but spend much less overall than when they were new cruisers. Royal knows this and thus the changes.

My take on this, enjoy what you have and don't expect much. If all the changes bother you than move on my friends. Royal is not the only ship in the Sea.

Unfortunately, those same Execs don't care so much what you and others have spent in the past but only care what you and others will spend in the future.

People need to open their eyes to this fact and while the Loyalty program is a good one the concentration is on dollars spent. Many upper tier loyalty guests use all the discounts they can get but spend much less overall than when they were new cruisers. Royal knows this and thus the changes.

My take on this, enjoy what you have and don't expect much. If all the changes bother you than move on my friends. Royal is not the only ship in the Sea.

excellent post.:) The only constant in life is change as they say.

Few, if any, D+ will leave RCCL for other companies...

1. To build up points on other lines means starting at the beginning.

2. RCCL still has one of the best loyalty programs in the business.

My comments were SPECIFICALLY in regard to Oasis and the changes there to the concierge lounge.