Regal Princess Aft Premium Deluxe Balcony???

cruzbug

We would appreciate views of anyone who has cruised on the Regal Princess aft premium deluxe balcony cabins. We are concerned about whether there is any shade on any of these balconies (i.e. overhang from deck above) because of an allergy to the sun in the tropics. Also, are all of the balconies and cabins the same size, or are there preferred decks?

We would appreciate views of anyone who has cruised on the Regal Princess aft premium deluxe balcony cabins. We are concerned about whether there is any shade on any of these balconies (i.e. overhang from deck above) because of an allergy to the sun in the tropics. Also, are all of the balconies and cabins the same size, or are there preferred decks?

Suggest you google Regal Princess aft photograph. Or Royal aft photo will work too.

Closely examine the photographs and you'll find there are significant differences in the amount of over head cover. Baja and Dolphin decks provide the most. Some of the others almost none. Can't say about the size. We had an owners on Dolphin and had significant shade almost all the time.

I know dmwnc1959 has a great shot of the aft of the Royal taken from above the ship thats gives a great perspective.

I'm not sure if you have seen these annotated pictures of Royal Princess (the aft facing cabins on Regal Princess are in the identical locations) when doing your research; it shows most of the aft facing balconies have very little, if any at all, overhang that will protected you from the sun...Baja and Dolphin decks appear to have the most.

9391397190_06541f215d_b.jpg

9045375437_4a12167b45_b.jpg

We have cruised in D731 on the Regal and about half the balcony is shaded early to mid afternoon by the overhang. B deck has the same overhang. It all depends on the direction the ship is sailing. I'm not sure about the size of the balconies but on the D deck our balcony was much larger than the standard Regal balcony.

Mike

Baja and Dolphin deck balconies are like Caribe deck balconies on Grand Class ships, about 9'x9' and half covered. Marina and Riviera deck balconies are about 9'x9', BUT totally uncovered. Aloha, Caribe and Emerald deck balconies are only about 5'x9' and also totally uncovered.

You realize that even if covered, being aft can give you full sun, as in other cabins. So you will need to avoid the balcony at some times no matter which you choose. I'd look at rooms with the largest balcony you can afford, with at least some coverage so you can move the chairs around more. On those tiny balconies there is absolutely NO room to slant or slide a chair even a couple feet. :rolleyes:

• 6 months later...

So how did your Cruise go ? Were you happy with your Aft Balcony ? We have Baja 738 in April of 2016. We like Aft Balconies and it looks like Baja and Dolphin had the most shade and were bigger. Did you find that to be true ?

Thanks,

Dave & Lee

So how did your Cruise go ? Were you happy with your Aft Balcony ? We have Baja 738 in April of 2016. We like Aft Balconies and it looks like Baja and Dolphin had the most shade and were bigger. Did you find that to be true ?

Thanks,

Dave & Lee

We have Baja 734 in 27 days. Remind me if you don't see my review and I'll tell you my thoughts...

• 8 months later...