Chef's Table on Infinity

patty1955

There's been some questions about the Chef's Tables, so I thought I'd post the menu.

Course One - Steak Tartare

Dijon mustard, capers, parsley, onion, parmesan cheese

black pepper vinaigrette & crispy potato chips

Puligny - Montrachet Louis Jadot Burgundy

Course Two - Cioppino

Seafood Stew with Scallops, Sea Bass, Calamari Rings,

Shrimp, Mussels, Basil Pesto, Oregano and Parsley

Or

lnsalata di Arugula

Baby Arugula tossed with Sun-Dried Tomato Vinaigrette,

Fried Goat's Cheese, Balsamic Reduction and Pine Nuts

Sauvignon Blanc, Cakebread Cellars, Rutherford, California

Course Four

Filet Mignon

Blackened Filet Mignon with Mushroom , Sauce and "Mac & Cheese"

Altair, Cabernet Sauvignon , Cacha Poal Valley, Chile

or

Blackened Ahi Tuna with Bok Choi

Ahi Tuna tossed in Cajun Spices, Baby Bok Choy,

Crispy Onions and Toasted Sesame Seeds

HDV (Hyde de Villaine), Napa Valley, California

Dessert

Grand Marnier Soufflé

Classic French Soufflé served with Vanilla Sauce

or

Crepe Ballon Rouge

Vidal Blanc, Ice Wine, Niagara Peninsula

The cost was $279 and it was worth every penny.

If anyone has any question, please let me know.

Did the price include the cookbook? If yes, could you get a lower price without the cookbook?

There was no mention of the cookbook, it just appeared in our stateroom the next day. We never discussed the price at all. I called the CC hostess and asked to be put on the list. We got a call the day it was scheduled and were told where to go and when.

Did they offer a cheese course?

No cheese course.

Our last Chef's table on an M class ship was a disappointment. The ones we did on the S class were much better.

Everything we were served was excellent. This is our first Chef's Table, so I can't compare it with the S class.

Where was dinner held? And did you meet elsewhere and have starters before walking through the galley?

Just curious. I've done chef's table on Millie and Equinox. Both were enjoyable, but I am kind of tired of the standard selection of menu items and didn't plan to inquire about it on our upcoming cruise.

Where was dinner held? And did you meet elsewhere and have starters before walking through the galley?

Just curious. I've done chef's table on Millie and Equinox. Both were enjoyable, but I am kind of tired of the standard selection of menu items and didn't plan to inquire about it on our upcoming cruise.

We met in Cellar Masters for a glass of sparkling wine. Two of the people didn't come and we waited a few minutes for them. When they decided we'd waited long enough (maybe 10 minutes) we started the tour. We've done galley tours before. This was much better.

Thanks for sharing your recent experience patty1955. Was dinner served in the SS United States wine cellar?

When we did the chef's table on Millie we actually ate in the galley. It was hot and noisy. Definitely a unique experience.

On Equinox we did the chef's table with Chef Tato Garcia and he served several delicious amuse bouche's in Cellar Masters before we walked through the galley. Then dinner was in the Murano wine cellar.

Thanks for sharing your recent experience patty1955. Was dinner served in the SS United States wine cellar?

Dinner was in the SS United States wine cellar. I didn't catch the chef's name, except that he was Michael from Ireland via Australia.

I had not seen this advertised? Where is it sold/posted?

I've never seen it posted or advertised. I read about it here on CC.

$279/person seems high relative to a meal at Murano or equivalent...even if I allocate $100/person to the wines.

The $279 is per couple and includes the "Excite the Senses" book, a four course dinner prepared by a master chef and the wine pairing. It wasn't any more expensive than a lot of the excursions.

I've never seen it posted or advertised. I read about it here on CC.

The $279 is per couple and includes the "Excite the Senses" book, a four course dinner prepared by a master chef and the wine pairing. It wasn't any more expensive than a lot of the excursions.

OK, I'm good with $279/couple...that's somewhat of a bargain given the wines, and I don't think I'm far off allocating $100/person to the wines...especially if they poured full 6 oz glasses and/or offered seconds or generous pours. I've been on two cruises this year and never heard about this chefs table dinner option. Wonder if you get some sort of credit if you are in a suite and get free specialty dining? Probably not.

Edited by soxfan2013

OK, I'm good with $279/couple...that's somewhat of a bargain given the wines, and I don't think I'm far off allocating $100/person to the wines...especially if they poured full 6 oz glasses and/or offered seconds or generous pours. I've been on two cruises this year and never heard about this chefs table dinner option. Wonder if you get some sort of credit if you are in a suite and get free specialty dining? Probably not.

I did it before they had unlimited specialty dining for the suites, but I did get a discount because I had booked the ultimate dining package. I think it was $60 off.

They were very generous with the pours both times I have done this.

The only time we have not had generous pours was on Millennium last year, especially with the entre. If you do not want, or already have, the cookbook they should discount the price by about $40. On Millennium they forgot to do that even though we requested it, but we got lunch in the specialty restaurant as a comp.

I did it before they had unlimited specialty dining for the suites, but I did get a discount because I had booked the ultimate dining package. I think it was $60 off.

They were very generous with the pours both times I have done this.

The Chef's Table is often not advertised at all. Originally, when they only offered one per cruise, it was never advertised. They will usually only take 8-12 guests per Chef's Table but do, no, offer more than one per cruise.

To be certain, you need to register your interest as soon as possible on boarding [or in advance, via the Concierge, if you are in a higher-end suite].

The "value" of the Chef's Table is more than that of the food and wine served. They are enhanced by the overall experience including the people you meet.

Unfortunately, in our experience [more than once] no credit if you are in a suite and get free specialty dining. The discount we received was against an Ultimate Dining Package [for which we were not charged for the two complimentary nights for being in a suite - pre-April 2015 - and the Chef's Table]. However, we usually find the majority of the guests have been suite guests but this may just be that they get priority if there is too much demand. In the past, you did get credit if you did not want the cookbook [because you already had one] but that no longer seems to happen since the price at which they sell the cookbook has reduced. We have seen the price reduced for those who did not drink alcohol because they were underage or on health grounds.

Edited by Project_gal

Thinking about doing this as I have not done one with Celebrity. I am surprised that so many of the menu items are ones we know well from Murano's. I would have expected and wanted to try more different things.

We did a chefs table on the Allure which was a taster menu, lots of small courses, non available elsewhere.....we found this fun and we tried things we wouldn't normally because they were just a taste, you were not committing to a full course. It came with a cookbook and a group photograph.

Sincere thanks, Patty 1955 for posting the menu, food for thought!

This sounds very interesting. We have done Chef's Table on Princess, but never Celebrity. If we aren't in a suite, how do we go about trying to book? I don't think we have access to the concierge in an SV, or do we? Thanks!

This sounds very interesting. We have done Chef's Table on Princess, but never Celebrity. If we aren't in a suite, how do we go about trying to book? I don't think we have access to the concierge in an SV, or do we? Thanks!

Just stop by the Specialty Dining desk on embarkation. There is usually a desk at check-in, usually next to the suite check-in desk. That will be your earliest opportunity.

Actually, everyone has access to a concierge. Should be listed in the phone directory onboard. At least that has been our experience.

I agree the value in the meal would be the generous pours if good wines and the dining with other guess in a really enjoyable atmosphere. We have gotten discount without the book.

I also agree, I wish they would step up the menus and let the chefs get creative. All of the items generally seem to be available elsewhere. Before Luminae it came from a mixture of onboard specialty restaurant recipes, now it seems to include some Luminae items. I will say, the chef table preparations have always been very good but that is definitely true of Luminae as well.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Was there a course between 2 and 4, or just a typo?

I had to go back and check the menu and ask my husband. On the menu between the 2nd and 4th courses it shows "Intermezzo". My husband thinks we had a sorbet but, if so, it didn't impress me.

The two different spellings of bok choy (and bok choi) are shown that way on the menu.

The wine pourings were very generous. The pours were correctly small, but the glass was never empty.