No sand at Maho Beach?

pamrose228

Sorry, but have never understood the fascination with Maho Beach.

All that's there are low flying planes.

We were at Sunset Bar once years ago and that was enough.

There are so very many other better things to do on a port stop in St. Maarten. :)

LuLu

Nope sometimes the government decides. I've lived in a beach community too important not to have sand there.

At Maho the sand comes and goes. To be completely honest with you given that its hurricane season it would be quite ridiculous for the government to spend the time, energy and money to fill the beach with sand during this time of year especially. If you want sand at Maho before the end of September I say you cross your fingers and hope that Mother Nature comes through.:D

Mullet beach has lots of sand and is a 5 minute drive or 15 minute walk from Maho so I would suggest spending your beach time at Mullet and have lunch and spend some time plane watching at Maho before heading back to the ship.:)

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone know please?

Go to SXM airport flight arrivals - to get a general idea. Of course, some flights, such as Air France from Paris and KLM from Amsterdam) are not daily; but it will give you an idea. In the past, most large (not inter-island hops) planes come in during the early afternoon.

Go to SXM airport flight arrivals - to get a general idea. Of course, some flights, such as Air France from Paris and KLM from Amsterdam) are not daily; but it will give you an idea. In the past, most large (not inter-island hops) planes come in during the early afternoon.

Early to mid afternoon between November and March is what I would say but between March and November the KLM from Amsterdam is scheduled to arrive around 11 a.m..

I think you just answered your own question. I can sit and watch low flying planes all day. You can sit at bar literally anywhere anytime.

We were at Sunset Bar once years ago and that was enough.

There are so very many other better things to do on a port stop in St. Maarten. :)

LuLu

Thanks for sharing :rolleyes:

I was just at Maho on Sept 22. No sand at all in front of airport, just large rocks. Sunset bar was really only crowded until the KIM 747 landed

Even when the beach was in great shape in May the crowd really thinned after the KLM came in.