FLL Restaurants

douknowme

Hello. Will be leaving out of FLL to cruise on Allure in August. Flying in the day before and looking for a great restaurant to try for dinner. Any recommendations? Thx in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hello. Will be leaving out of FLL to cruise on Allure in August. Flying in the day before and looking for a great restaurant to try for dinner. Any recommendations? Thx in advance.

You might also try posting in the Florida departures forum:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=672

What type of dining are you looking for?

Big_G, we live in Las Vegas so we are always on he look out for great seafood restaurants when we visit cities close to the ocean.

where we come from there are no Cheesecake Factories so when we travel, if there is one we like to go there. The one in Fort Lauderdale has been quite busy each time we have been there.

Hi molsonschooner. We live in Las Vegas and we have a few Cheesecake Factories. [emoji4] Looking for some local restaurants.

We like Coconuts on the intercostal waterway. Great seafood and atmosphere! If you stay near Las Olas Blvd. Quarter Deck is great, they have fun swinging tables. Best coconut shrimp I've ever tasted.

Edited by happy cruiser1234

We like Coconuts on the intercostal waterway. Great seafood and atmosphere! If you stay near Las Olas Blvd. Quarter Deck is great, they have fun swinging tables. Best coconut shrimp I've ever tasted.

Thx happy cruiser. We are staying at the Embassy Suites. Is Coconuts or Quarter Deck far from there?

Big_G, we live in Las Vegas so we are always on he look out for great seafood restaurants when we visit cities close to the ocean.

Southport Raw Bar

Southport is a hole in the wall raw bar but a real gem. It is ultra casual and has what I call, being a New Englander, great southern style seafood. You won't get a lobster here if that's what your looking for. They have indoor and outdoor seating with water views and docks.

Kelly's Landing

Kelly's is more New England style and has lobsta'. This is also a casual dining as all seafood restaurants should be. Just my humble opinion. I lean toward Southport because I can get Kelly's menu in many of favorite home restaurants. That won't be a problem for you. The food was very good.

Hope this helps.

Thx happy cruiser. We are staying at the Embassy Suites. Is Coconuts or Quarter Deck far from there?

They are not within walking distance unfortunately. Both of those restaurants are near the beach. A cab would cost less then $10 to go to Coconuts from Embassy Suites and then you can spend a few hours on the beach boardwalk. There are great bars on the boardwalk that you could check out. And the beach is great.

We've never stayed at Embassy Suites but have heard from many who have and I think there are great restaurants within walking distance from there.

Gilbert's grill is excellent and if staying at ES on 17th would be in walking distance. Their deserts were phenomenal! See tripadvisor.

Southport Raw Bar

Southport is a hole in the wall raw bar but a real gem. It is ultra casual and has what I call, being a New Englander, great southern style seafood. You won't get a lobster here if that's what your looking for. They have indoor and outdoor seating with water views and docks.

Kelly's Landing

Kelly's is more New England style and has lobsta'. This is also a casual dining as all seafood restaurants should be. Just my humble opinion. I lean toward Southport because I can get Kelly's menu in many of favorite home restaurants. That won't be a problem for you. The food was very good.

Hope this helps.

Awesome!!!! Lobster is not mandatory - these sound great. Thank ya!!!

They are not within walking distance unfortunately. Both of those restaurants are near the beach. A cab would cost less then $10 to go to Coconuts from Embassy Suites and then you can spend a few hours on the beach boardwalk. There are great bars on the boardwalk that you could check out. And the beach is great.

We've never stayed at Embassy Suites but have heard from many who have and I think there are great restaurants within walking distance from there.

Adding to my growing list!!![emoji4] Thank you.

Gilbert's grill is excellent and if staying at ES on 17th would be in walking distance. Their deserts were phenomenal! See tripadvisor.

Desserts are a huge selling point!!!![emoji3] Added to my list. Thank you[emoji106]🏾

Fort Lauderdale isn't known for it's local seafood. Being close to the ocean you would expect a lot of fish, yet most restaurants just offer mahi and salmon.

Coconuts is my favorite. They don't take reservations, so be prepared to wait. It might be very warm in August and most of the restaurant is outdoors. If you prefer being indoors in the A/C, Boatyard is excellent and also has outdoor dining...it's a couple of blocks from Embassy Suites.

Fort Lauderdale isn't known for it's local seafood. Being close to the ocean you would expect a lot of fish, yet most restaurants just offer mahi and salmon.

Coconuts is my favorite. They don't take reservations, so be prepared to wait. It might be very warm in August and most of the restaurant is outdoors. If you prefer being indoors in the A/C, Boatyard is excellent and also has outdoor dining...it's a couple of blocks from Embassy Suites.

Hi royalcruz. Coconuts is getting the most 'votes.'[emoji4] And they get great reviews on Trip Advisor. I'll look into Boatyard too. Thx!!!!!

They are not within walking distance unfortunately.

That is incorrect. The Quarterdeck is across the street and one block down Cordova from the Embassy.

To the OP, I think for atmosphere and seafood, Coconuts is your best bet.

I also like Casablanca.

If you want New England Seafood, hands down Kelly's Landing. Very little outdoor seating but walkable from the Embassy. It is across Cordova from the Quarterdeck.

That is incorrect. The Quarterdeck is across the street and one block down Cordova from the Embassy.

To the OP, I think for atmosphere and seafood, Coconuts is your best bet.

I also like Casablanca.

If you want New England Seafood, hands down Kelly's Landing. Very little outdoor seating but walkable from the Embassy. It is across Cordova from the Quarterdeck.

BlueHerons, I appreciate all of your input on this thread and the duplicate thread.:). Coconuts it is!!!