Should i use a Travel agent or the Cruise line?

philsr1939

I always wondered if i should use the cruise line to book the flight or a Travel agent. Which one would be the best deal?

Generally, you can find better, cheaper flight booking yourself. Or a TA can. Using cruise lines to book your flight, I've found, costs more and the flights are terrible.

I always wondered if i should use the cruise line to book the flight or a Travel agent. Which one would be the best deal?

It would not hurt to check on cruise line air prices, especially if you need to fly one-way internationally.

I would look at both.

With cruise line air though I would only do the kind where for an extra fee I could choose the flights that I want. Sometimes the cruise line offer flights that have tight connections.

On this subject, I would not fly in the day of the cruise. There is too much risk of missing your plane if the flight is delayed or cancelled. Also if you have to change planes allow for a long connection.

Sometimes the positive using the cruise line is the price and the fact that it could include transfers but sometimes those transfers are only from airport to ship which does not help if you are flying in the day of the cruise which again I do not recommend.

The down sides can be the flights themselves, the connections if you have to go from plane to plane and also that they are often not ticketed until the time the final cruise line documents are ready making getting seats slim pickings.

Keith

I booked through Royal Caribbean's Air2Sea with Choice Air, and the price was $100 less than booking through United directly or even on Priceline. Not sure which cruiseline you're using, but RCI's Air2Sea also has a guarantee to get you to the ship, so if something goes wrong, they'd either hold the ship or get you to the first port at their expense. Perhaps other cruiselines' packages have similar guarantees. To me, it was a no brainer to book it through the cruiseline. YMMV.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by Bound4Bermuda