Daily Menu's

garycarla

Though these say "Fleet Menus" and were received as part of an upcoming 10 day cruise on the Jade - it may well be close to or similar to other ships.

MDR Fleet Dinner Menu Day 1.pdf

MDR Fleet Dinner Menu Day 2.pdf

MDR Fleet Dinner Menu Day 3.pdf

MDR Fleet Dinner Menu Day 4.pdf

MDR Fleet Dinner Menu Day 5.pdf

MDR Fleet Dinner Menu Day 6.pdf

MDR Fleet Dinner Menu Day 7.pdf

MDR Fleet Dinner Menu Day 8.pdf

Edited by garycarla

And here are some others.

[ATTACH]410473[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]410474[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]410475[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]410476[/ATTACH]

So if we chose the specialty restaurant dining as our free upgrade when we booked, we can have the porterhouse steak that says $25 on that menu and not pay for it? I've only done NCL once so I have no idea how it works. It sounds too good to be true.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So if we chose the specialty restaurant dining as our free upgrade when we booked, we can have the porterhouse steak that says $25 on that menu and not pay for it? I've only done NCL once so I have no idea how it works. It sounds too good to be true.

Those are the ala-carte pricings. If you have the dining deal, you get a full dinner included. They often say two sides....etc. but you can get more. Only one entre though.

For some light eaters, paying per item is a better deal. And of course, some people do not have the meal plan.

How is the steak at the mdr compared to Cagney

In my opinion, they don't compare. Cagney's steak is far better quality and cooked to perfection. But that's been my experience.

Sent from my iPhone

An example of the comparative quality of the specialty restaurants compared to the MDRs: Last Christmas, we sailed on the Jewel. On different nights, my fiancee had the French Onion Soup in the MDR and the French Onion Soup in Le Bistro. The beef stock-based broth in the MDR was pretty good. The wine-based broth in Le Bistro was PHENOMENAL. She said it might have been the best French Onion Soup she'd ever had.

An example of the comparative quality of the specialty restaurants compared to the MDRs: Last Christmas, we sailed on the Jewel. On different nights, my fiancee had the French Onion Soup in the MDR and the French Onion Soup in Le Bistro. The beef stock-based broth in the MDR was pretty good. The wine-based broth in Le Bistro was PHENOMENAL. She said it might have been the best French Onion Soup she'd ever had.

I love when that happens!:cool:

Another Thank You! to garycarla for posting the menus.

I'm with you, cpcanuck, in not having any problems finding something to select from those menus! Day 4, in particular for me, presents a challenge in deciding between items :D . Oh well, there's time to mull over the choices :cool:.

Or to decide you'll order both!

I'll confess that my partner and I frequently order two appetizers each, then asked to split an entrée as our "pasta course", and even then sometimes order three entrées between us. We are actually in the process of going over the seven day menu for our seven day cruise and deciding which nights to use our specialty dining plan.

in fact, (though admittedly, we both diet before we cruise) we've been known to hit the MDR for appetizers, see a show, and then do a late night sitting at a specialty restaurant or back to the MDR!. As an offset, we're basically "just coffee" guys for breakfast

Or to decide you'll order both!

I'll confess that my partner and I frequently order two appetizers each, then asked to split an entrée as our "pasta course", and even then sometimes order three entrées between us. We are actually in the process of going over the seven day menu for our seven day cruise and deciding which nights to use our specialty dining plan.

in fact, (though admittedly, we both diet before we cruise) we've been known to hit the MDR for appetizers, see a show, and then do a late night sitting at a specialty restaurant or back to the MDR!. As an offset, we're basically "just coffee" guys for breakfast

Ooooo, I love your thinking!!! You've just solved my dilemma :cool: . Thank you! <3

And here are some others.

[ATTACH]410473[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]410474[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]410475[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]410476[/ATTACH]

Thanks for sharing.

Would you happen to know if we'll have 1 or 2 'formal' (ie dress up) nights on this 10-day cruise and on what nights they are likely to be held?

Just a word of warning about these menus.

They are the same menus that I posted from the Spirit at Easter. I have heard quite a few comments recently on these boards that suggest that the menus are different on other ships.

Maybe they are in the process of changing them, or maybe they are using different menus in Europe.

It used to be reasonably easy to follow which menus were on most ships, but lately the situation seems fairly confusing.