Ben & Jerry's "Sweet"

We are staying in the Ben & Jerry's "Sweet" (Promenade Stateroom 6305) on the November 25 sailing of Freedom of the Seas. I know from these boards that we would get access to the conceirge lounge as well as free ice cream everyday. I had some lingering questions about what other suite benefits we would have access to, so I decided to email the following to the concierge yesterday. I kind of assumed the sale...:

"Good evening! My husband and I are travelling on the Freedom of the Seas on 11/25/2017 and are in the Ben & Jerry’s “Sweet”. I understand this allows us access to Suite benefits normally limited to those staying in Grand Suites and above. We would like to know what the process is to ensure we get access to all of the available benefits. Will our sea pass card be gold at check in? How do we get on the included ship tour and access to barefoot beach? Any information you could provide would be greatly appreciated. We look forward to meeting you."

Surprisingly, I already received a response this morning:

"Greeting from freedom

Thanks for your e-mail dear Jessica

You will have full access just like the suite guest,your seapass card will be printed in gold color card also you will receive a letter from me and ship management in regards about your "sweet" benefit.

besides of that you also going to receive a complimentary scop of ice cream from B&J per day and per person.

Below is the letters and information and hopefully it will help you to plan a wonderful cruise.

Thank you so much

Looking forward to meet you soon. "

I have also attached the copies of the letters that I was sent. I wanted to share in case anyone else has questions about the "Sweet" benefits. Based on reading the email and letters, it looks like we will have access to all of the suite benefits. At least that is my assumption going in. I will know for sure by the end of the month I guess. I am planning on doing another live review so I will definitely report back on what actually happens!!

This is great to see. We have the sweet for both weeks of our B2B honeymoon in January. Let me know if you actually get full access to everything (I'm curious to know if they really do give gold cards, access to Barefoot Beach, and those tours) to sweet guests, as I've read such contradictory information on it.

Great to hear! Please let us know how it is, I haven’t seen anyone stay in it super recently. We have it booked for March in addition to a balcony—can’t wait!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How much more is this stateroom compared to other cabins in the category?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It’s the same price as all the other Promenade view rooms. There is only 1 on each of the Freedom class ships - rm 6305. It’s really just luck! At the time we booked (feels like forever ago) there was a promotion where promenades were the same price as interiors, and it just so happened 6305 was available. The room sleeps a max of 2 and is a connecting cabin to 6307

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This video shows the Ben & Jerry's cow butt "sweet" on the Independence of the Seas but the rooms are pretty similar, so will give you a good idea as to what to expect!! We had it on Freedom a couple of years ago!! Remember, to look at the cow teapot on the shelf; we were allowed to leave it there and it has our names on the bottom!!!:cool:

I read about it on a post here.

FR_Concierge@rccl.com

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for the update! I was just wondering, was it actually Jin that emailed you back? We had her as our concierge on Navigator in April. I knew she was moving to freedom. I wonder if she will still be on in April because we are booked in 6305 for that one!!

Thanks for the update! I was just wondering, was it actually Jin that emailed you back? We had her as our concierge on Navigator in April. I knew she was moving to freedom. I wonder if she will still be on in April because we are booked in 6305 for that one!!

It was YingJin Yu that emailed me. It says their title is Suite Concierge in their signature.

Awesome cool thanks! She's awesome, you'll love her!

Thanks! I am really looking forward to it. We have never sailed in a suite so have never had access to the lounge. We would rather spend less on a cabin and cruise more often.

Actually, for that matter, I have never been in ANY lounge! We turn Diamond during our March 2018 cruise so our May 2018 on the Liberty will be our first Diamond sailing.

Thanks! I am really looking forward to it. We have never sailed in a suite so have never had access to the lounge. We would rather spend less on a cabin and cruise more often.

Actually, for that matter, I have never been in ANY lounge! We turn Diamond during our March 2018 cruise so our May 2018 on the Liberty will be our first Diamond sailing.

Congrats on your find, and thanks for sharing this info! I had heard years ago that guests in this room got free ice cream, but I didn't know about the gold card and concierge benefits...sweet!

Likewise, we haven't been guests in any lounge either...but we will turn diamond while on board Freedom! :)

Cheers,

Noel