Guarantee Rooms selection only for whole ship for Oasis 8/5/2018

Hello everyone,

I was looking at this particular cruise for the last few weeks on the Oasis sailing from Port Canaveral on the date August 5th, 2018 and noticed that all cabins, interior and ocean view for 3 adults, the only room selections is guaranteed only, you can not select the room yourself. Eventhough on the web site the price category is "You choose the Cabin" but after I select it has guarantee only.

Just curious why would Royal Caribbean would not let you choose cabin for this particular cruise/date, they want to select the cabin for you themselves. Anyone has any comments ?

Thanks

Edited by StrikeEagle

I see this anomoly for 3 person selections in interiors and ocean view cabins (not balconies and suites nor 2 person selections in all categories).

That says to me the 3 person interior and ocean view cabins are sold out.

They are not sold out. There are still some that travel agents can book, or by calling Royal directly.

I see this anomoly for 3 person selections in interiors and ocean view cabins (not balconies and suites nor 2 person selections in all categories).

That says to me the 3 person interior and ocean view cabins are sold out.

Agree. Cruise is getting close, Summertime peak use of cabins with more then 2 passengers on popular Oasis class ships. Also be aware that the price you see for Guarantee if pick a cabin becomes available you will probably pay lot more. As said Summertime!

Thank you everyone for your replies.

I already booked this cruise about 2 weeks ago for 3 adults for an interior.. Back then there are 2 options of booking one is "You Choose Your Own Room" and the other one is "We Choose your room" the differences between the 2 options are significant of at least $400 total. But for both options even if I select "You Choose Your Own Room", it will show only Guarantee rooms. Therefore of course I picked the "We Choose your Room" option .

You Choose your Own Room: ~$2700 (Guarantee rooms)

We Choose your Room: ~2300 (Guarantee rooms)

Any case, not complaining, appreciated the savings. :):):)

By the way, they haven' t assigned our room yet.

I experienced the same issue while booking my Alaskan cruise for the end of August. The website said the rate included choosing your own room, difference in price only caveat was refundable or non-refundable deposit. After booking I realized it didnt' take me to the choosing room page. Spent almost 2 hours on the phone asking why and was told various things, but bottom line was the only JS catagory available was Guarantee, but no where did it say RCL choose the room, so confusing. I am still waiting on cabin assignment, I check everyday and it's funny how the availablity changes rapidly, one day there will be a cabin available, next day everything is guarantee and then back again.