IS there a Reliable Dry Dock site/schedule

Fogfog

Prior to booking our TA, we saw information that Infinity was going to Dry Dock in Oct 2018 for the full upgrades...

and just tonight we have seen a different PR flyer that she isn't going to be refurnished til 2020

I know some of you have a link to the Dry Dock schedules..and websites.

Can anyone share those links please and how reliable are they?

I am going to call our TA and call X...however am not feeling very confident I will get a definitive answer...

which I would want In Writing...

If She IS going to dry dock this fall-- thats fine.. If she isn't I want a firm amswer

Thanks in advance for links/advice

Dry dock schedules, while being made in advance for obvious reasons, are always subject to change and will always be arranged to the advantage of the cruise line for whatever work needs to be performed, not to their customer's convenience. Keep in mind as well that they are performed on a predetermined regular basis for engineering and required and specified maintenance, and that upgrades and cosmetic refurbishments would be additional worked scheduled at that time. Or if need be as a separate dry dock.

The reason I say all this is to clarify how this process works and to suggest that it there may not be a firm answer available as to a definite date. As suggested, that can change, and as indicated in your post, already has once with regards to the ship you are interested in.

Additionally I would ask why you would want - or expect - an answer in writing from your TA or the cruise line about something that is subject to change and is driven by business and engineering circumstances relative only to the cruise line. You clearly may get an answer as to what is currently expected, but as indicated that can change between now and then.

And if an itinerary is interrupted as a result of a change in dry dock schedule the cruise lines will typically offer fair consideration to those affected in terms of re booking to another date in view of their inconvenience. But the passengers will have no recourse with the cruise line - whether the original schedule was issued in writing or not.

I appreciate that perhaps you want to schedule your cruise to coincide with the newest upgrades planned for that ship. But you really just have to plan it for when it best suits you and hope that it would also be with those upgrades completed. Your signature indicates and April 2019 sailing which may now be prior to the upgrade dry dock since the original date appears to have changed. Hopefully this will still be OK with you.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

I would suggest asking the opposite question: Will the Infinity be sailing this October?

Go to the Celebrity web site and search for all cruises in October 2018. Sort the resulting list by ship. That will show you that Celebrity is actively taking reservations for Infinity all month.

Is this method foolproof? No. I wouldn't trust it for the distant future. Celebrity can (and probably will) make some changes to their dry dock schedules for 2019 and 2020.

However, October is only 5 months away. They still could schedule an emergency dry dock if something unexpected happened. A group could still charter it if it isn't filling up quickly enough. But according to their schedule, their plan is to sail.

Prior to booking our TA, we saw information that Infinity was going to Dry Dock in Oct 2018 for the full upgrades...

and just tonight we have seen a different PR flyer that she isn't going to be refurnished til 2020

I know some of you have a link to the Dry Dock schedules..and websites.

Can anyone share those links please and how reliable are they?

I am going to call our TA and call X...however am not feeling very confident I will get a definitive answer...

which I would want In Writing...

If She IS going to dry dock this fall-- thats fine.. If she isn't I want a firm amswer

Thanks in advance for links/advice

Infinity goes in for full makeover Fall of 20, two different threads on this board. Here is a link to a Celebrity document which confirms that date.

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/Travel_Advisory_Panel_8.5x11_flyer.pdf

Infinity goes in for full makeover Fall of 20, two different threads on this board. Here is a link to a Celebrity document which confirms that date.

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/Travel_Advisory_Panel_8.5x11_flyer.pdf

This is helpful. RCI also has something similar for their planned ship enhancements. But just realize it can be subject to change.