Legend of the Seas - purchasing alcohol

I see on their (RC) website that you can pre-order wines pakages/bottles but are you able to also purchase bottles of liquor (i.e. Gin, Vodka, Baileys) before or after you board? I don't care about sneaking it on. I think I remember on Princess that we could.

Thanks

Just off the Legend (11/11 sailing)

Once on board - one of the first things I did was to go and purchase our wine package for the week. They have changed the setup a bit.... you can buy 5 bottle or 7 bottle packages. They have done away with the Gold-Silver-Platinum tiers....and instead there is a long list of wines you may choose from for either 5 or 7 bottles. You do not have to choose until you are in the dining room and have decided what you are having and then make the choice of a red or white..... you may also choose more than one bottle at a time.... and if you do not finish a bottle they will re-cork and keep it for you until you ask for that wine again..... any bottles left over (unopened) at the end of the cruise you may ask for on the last night and then you can bring it home with you.....

You can purchase just about any liquor in the liquor store (duty free I believe) but it will be delivered to you on the last night also..... you cannot buy liquor and take it to your room (this would severely cut into their profit revenue at the bars). This is why so many people "smuggle" liquor onboard.

They have changed the setup a bit.... you can buy 5 bottle or 7 bottle packages. They have done away with the Gold-Silver-Platinum tiers....and instead there is a long list of wines you may choose from for either 5 or 7 bottles. You do not have to choose until you are in the dining room and have decided what you are having and then make the choice of a red or white....
Let me just clarify how this works...you pay for the package and then when at your dining room table they give you a cut-down list of wines to choose from??? Guess you have a sticker on your card that says you have got the package and all the wines must be of nearly the same price for this to work???

Next inevitable question is can you remember what the wine selection was.....and do they not do more than a 7-night package [hic!]

Let me just clarify how this works...you pay for the package and then when at your dining room table they give you a cut-down list of wines to choose from??? Guess you have a sticker on your card that says you have got the package and all the wines must be of nearly the same price for this to work???

Next inevitable question is can you remember what the wine selection was.....and do they not do more than a 7-night package [hic!]

Actually on the day we boarded we were not able to go to our cabin until around 1:30 so we took the time to check out our table location and purchase our wine package.... right outside the dining room.

They did not put a sticker on my seapass.....instead gave me a receipt showing I had purchased the 5 bottle package..... that night I took the receipt to the dining room and gave it to our waiter. When I purchased the package I was also given an extensive list (not a cut-down list) of wines to choose from. I felt this system was much better than when they had the gold, silver, platinum system where you paid one price for gold, one price for silver and one price for platinum and then could only choose from the ones from the level you purchased. The new system gives you much more of a selection to choose from..... they also had the list in the dining room for you to choose depending on your meal (red or white or sparkling). I think they may have had a 10 bottle pkg. and perhaps a 12 but don't hold me to it..... as I drink only red - preferably a pinot noir..... I did not look too closely at the list.... my dd prefers white and tried 2 different ones - also don't remember which. I can definately say the Beringer Pinot Noir was very good. My favorite is Cambria - Julia's Vineyard which is usually around 25.00 at my liquor store and even though the Beringer is considerably less - it was very good none the less.

TexanCruzer - thank you soo much for this useful info - I agree it sounds much better than the Gold/Plat/Dia deal - and sounds like a bigger choice - I only drink white [but hate Chardonnay!] so hope there is a good selection for me. Perhaps they are trying this out on the Legend before introducing it fleet wide?

Where in Texas are you from - we know Dallas very well!

Actually on the day we boarded we were not able to go to our cabin until around 1:30 so we took the time to check out our table location and purchase our wine package.... right outside the dining room.

They did not put a sticker on my seapass.....instead gave me a receipt showing I had purchased the 5 bottle package..... that night I took the receipt to the dining room and gave it to our waiter. When I purchased the package I was also given an extensive list (not a cut-down list) of wines to choose from. I felt this system was much better than when they had the gold, silver, platinum system where you paid one price for gold, one price for silver and one price for platinum and then could only choose from the ones from the level you purchased. The new system gives you much more of a selection to choose from..... they also had the list in the dining room for you to choose depending on your meal (red or white or sparkling). I think they may have had a 10 bottle pkg. and perhaps a 12 but don't hold me to it..... as I drink only red - preferably a pinot noir..... I did not look too closely at the list.... my dd prefers white and tried 2 different ones - also don't remember which. I can definately say the Beringer Pinot Noir was very good. My favorite is Cambria - Julia's Vineyard which is usually around 25.00 at my liquor store and even though the Beringer is considerably less - it was very good none the less.

tex, what did you pay for this 5 bottle package? Gotta know right now.....about to call Shelly at Just Because of You. :)

Merion: $ 125.00 + 15% grat. for 5 bottle pkg..... we only drank 4 and brought one bottle home.

LittleBrit: I am from Corpus Christi Texas..... on the Gulf way down south :D

Just a note: Seems like the list to choose from was like a whole page full, so there should be something for just about every one.

Hi Carol,

I saw a wine list a few months back on the boards and included was Martini & Rossi's Asti Spumante, and it was definitely one of the cheaper bottles. It is sweeter that Korbel.

This may have changed because the list I am referring to was probably from September or October. I am hoping this will be a choice, because I don't think that was offered on the Explorer in May. I have been told that Asti is cheap, crappy, whatever, but I just love it!!

kim

If you want to order liquor, you can order it from wellwishers.com. You have to call them as they don't list the liquor on the website. We always have a few bottles delivered to us.
Yes, although I have "heard" the Just Because of You has lower prices.

I'm definitely ordering my daughter a case of beer; I can't decide what, if anything, I should order for myself.

Decisions, decisions. :)

Yes, although I have "heard" the Just Because of You has lower prices.

I'm definitely ordering my daughter a case of beer; I can't decide what, if anything, I should order for myself.

Decisions, decisions. :)

One of my favorites that we got on Freedom was the Malibu Rum. And we brought some juices...passion fruit and a orange banana pineapple juice. Great mix and was great to take some to the pool in my Freedom Coke Cup. Yummy! We also got some raspberry vodka that was yummy with the same juices. I ordered the same for Monarch.

Tex, I know that you said that you only drink red, so you weren't sure about other wines, but could you ask you wife if she remembers if any sparkling wine BESIDES Korbel was on your package's list?

Thanks.

Merion: I AM THE WIFE......haha and dh doesnt pay any attention to anything while on a cruise..... (actually was my daughter and myself on Legend last month) she drinks red and white and dh drinks Chardonnay.

I do remember there were a few on the "sparkling list" tho just not sure which ones. Sorry - cant help you.

Tex, I know that you said that you only drink red, so you weren't sure about other wines, but could you ask you wife if she remembers if any sparkling wine BESIDES Korbel was on your package's list?

Thanks.

On the Explorer last month they had Argyll from Oregon on the list as welll, but when I went to order it they said they did not have it and I was given Cordonui [sp] which is a Spanish Cava instead - this is very very nice indeed so hoping this is on the list!

Merion: I AM THE WIFE......haha and dh doesnt pay any attention to anything while on a cruise..... (actually was my daughter and myself on Legend last month) she drinks red and white and dh drinks Chardonnay.

I do remember there were a few on the "sparkling list" tho just not sure which ones. Sorry - cant help you.

Dagnabbit, I have been trying to figure out how I assumed "opposite genders", texancruzer, so I looked at what you posted, and I figured it out:

they also had the list in the dining room for you to choose depending on your meal (red or white or sparkling). I think they may have had a 10 bottle pkg. and perhaps a 12 but don't hold me to it..... as I drink only red - preferably a pinot noir..... I did not look too closely at the list.... my dd prefers white and tried 2 different ones - also don't remember which. I can definately say the Beringer Pinot Noir was very good. My favorite is Cambria - Julia's Vineyard which is usually around 25.00 at my liquor store and even though the Beringer is considerably less - it was very good none the less.
I read "dd" as "dw", so assumed that you were the husband posting about his wife! Mystery solved!

And thanks for the information and advice.

:D

• 2 months later...
Hi Carol,

I saw a wine list a few months back on the boards and included was Martini & Rossi's Asti Spumante, and it was definitely one of the cheaper bottles. It is sweeter that Korbel.

This may have changed because the list I am referring to was probably from September or October. I am hoping this will be a choice, because I don't think that was offered on the Explorer in May. I have been told that Asti is cheap, crappy, whatever, but I just love it!!

kim

The best thing about loving a "cheap, crappy" wine is that you can drink lots of it. And if you like it, that is all that matters!:p

We have not had good luck with the sparkling wines. I love Mumms and Moet White Star and those were not available. And there were not any fancy expensive champagnes. If you like sweet, I don't, look for Banfi Rosa Regale. Everyone loves it and it is very festive and pretty. It is mid priced at stores...30ish.

If you want to order liquor, you can order it from wellwishers.com. You have to call them as they don't list the liquor on the website. We always have a few bottles delivered to us.

Fitz, I don't know if you will get back to this thread but if you do I need you or someone to clarify something; is there a way to get liquor (say a couple of bottles of Baileys and a bottle of Vodka) delivered to your cabin on embarkation day? How does it get past security, is it wrapped and assumed to be wine? Just need to know if I have to smuggle :D....

Archived